+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 9/16 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by realtvjunkiee
    Sniff. It's over. Sniff. Need more kleenex.

(BTW: I love Abbotsford, too. The cows are great, the river is big, there are lots of raspberries, there is a great airshow. Come and visit! Come and watch our very own Canadian Idol concert at Rotary Stadium on Oct. 2 with Shane, Jacob, and last year's Karin-Lee Batten. See you there!)
    Karin-Lee! She wuz robbed last year... shoulda finished higher, imo.

Now I'm really envious of you being able to see her, Jacob and Shane live in concert.

It was a great show. Kalan was the obvious winner, he has a great voice, just I can;t look at him. He looks like a little kid and with a face like that, I don't think they need to put make-up on him, he looks even more feminine.

I enjoyed the show too, I had tears in my eyes, it's always sad to see the person come in at #2, but nice to see the winner in their moment.

I love Jacob, can't wait to hear and see more of him.

Maz
    What a fantastic show last night. The Top 10 were really enjoying themselves and getting the most out of their last time on the Canadian Idol stage. It was definitely an emotional night...every time someone started crying (Theresa during Good Mother, Kalan during his final song etc), I started welling up. I am so proud and happy for both of them....Jacob too, of course.

Speaking of Jacob, right before the winner was announced, and with about 5 seconds to air, he came running out from backstage, gave both Kalan & Theresa a kiss on their cheeks, wished them good luck and ran backstage again. It was such a sweet, spontaneous moment..almost got me crying again! I will miss all of them but before I know it, I'll have their cd's blasting on my stereo. Just a few more months to wait!

Surprisingly, I thought Kalan did a termendous job with the sickly sweet single they wrote for the winner of CI. I did not think anyone could make that song bearable, but I really felt it!!! Thanks kid!
    They interviewed Kalan's dad on CBC, this morning, Rick Porter, and he said Kalan is overwhelmed by this whole experience. He says he hopes Kalan can cope with the aftershocks of winning, and life after the contest.
    He said they hoped that he would win, even though Kalan is not really prepared for all this celebrity stuff. He (his dad) sounds nice
    Today Kalan does a mass of media interviews and he is going into the studio to record on Monday already...

I really loved the whole show last night. The top 10 are great, those that stood out were Jacob, Kaleb, Jason, Shane and Elena, (Plus the two T and Kalen of course) the best I have seen on any talent show including Star Search etc etc etc..
    Last edited by Pinocchio; 09-17-2004 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Typos

Jay
    Congratulations to Kalan. His awesome talent will carry him far. Who can't help but fall in love with Theresa? She is gracious, polite and adorable. She, too, will enjoy success.

With a couple of exceptions (Manoah, Josh and maybe Jason), the top 10 was outstanding and the group numbers were great.

I was so glad Theresa selected "Good Mother" as her solo number.

I kinda like Ryan's new single; not well enough to buy but I won't throw anything at the radio when it is played.

I loved the Ben/Jon montage done to the music of The Littlest Hobo.

I think Sass was excited last night knowing Gary Beals was in the audience.

Anyone notice Kurt Browning? I think he resembles Dobby the house elf from Harry Potter.

I am bummed just thinking that there is no CI next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay
    Anyone notice Kurt Browning? I think he resembles Dobby the house elf from Harry Potter.
    OMG!!!!

Congratulations to both Kalan & Theresa on a wonderful top 2. I loved this season. Because of these two I actually watched CI - I had been saturated with AI and wasn't planning on watching but they caught my ear during the auditions and I was hooked! Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay

Hey, I LOVE Kurt Browning!

Jay
    Sorry, mack, I admire Kurt and his amazing skating skills. But I can't help make that comparison.

Well, I sure am glad I wasn't the only one bawling. I had to reach for the Kleenex all the way through the whole two hours, for crying out loud! At this point, I didn't really care who won. I would have been happy if Ben had made a surprise announcement last week that it was a 3-way tie and that this week would be simply a concert for the fans! That being said, there's no doubt in my mind that Theresa will have a VERY successful music career. I have never gone out and bought and Idol CD, and I can assure you hers will be the first. I love her voice!

Moments/things that struck me were:

-Brandy has a really great voice!!!!

-Manoah is creepy. Did you see her give Kalan this sexy little chin-stoke when she was singing one of her parts during a group number. Blech!!! :phhht Oh, and did she ever need some "support" during that first number. Sad, just sad.

-Josh is a great entertainer! As much as his glued-on smile is annoying, he's fun.

-Elena is just too AI for me. SHe would have fit in perfectly with AI3 top ten, IMO. I don't get a sense of her being herslef, just her trying to fit into a mold....

-As much as others here were happy that Jacob was featured, I felt it wasn't enough. I've said it before and I'll say it again. That young man has raised the bar for ALL Idol contenders, internationally. He brought something that no one else has. And as much as some found him a little over-the-top, I feel he was genuine in his eccentric ways. If someone can be genuine and eccentric at the same time, lol! I can see contestant trying to imitate him and falling way short. He's a classic.....

-And Kalan and Theresa....... well. I just love them both to bits. I loved their solos. I was bawling two lines into "Good Mother", as they panned to her mom watching. If don't know how ANY of the parents' held it together so well. I would have been a blubbering mess!!!

-"True Colours" was simply outstanding. Their voices blend together so perfectly. I got the feeling they were singing just for and with each other, like they were under a glass bubble. There was no sense of performance, just a sense of really enjoying making beautiful music together (excuse the pun!). And that kind of thing make sthe bestb kind of performance to watch.

-AS for the stupid Idol schmaltzy garbage they're making Kalan release.... well, I guess he did his best. Which was darned great. But it's still a sucky song!! :phhht

It's been a phenomenal season. I really think if the AI producers have been watching, they're saying prayers right now that they end up with a top ten HALF as good as CI2. 'Cause this group outsang and outperformed.... and outclassed pretty well ALL of the AI3 top ten. JMHO!

Until next season!!!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by djgirl5235
    Congratulations to both Kalan & Theresa on a wonderful top 2. I loved this season. Because of these two I actually watched CI - I had been saturated with AI and wasn't planning on watching but they caught my ear during the auditions and I was hooked! Congratulations!
    Shame on you, Jay! :nono Kurt is a national treasure!! In fact, Jacob's silliness kind of reminded me of Kurt sometimes.

djgirl!

+ Reply to Thread