+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 9/16 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

What a season!! I agree with others who've been blown away by the talent this year. Really the Top 10 was far superior to the Top 10 on the other CI or on any of the AI shows... When they all sang together tonight it was AMAZING.

A few thoughts on the show...

Did you see the woman with the ship on her head in the interviews? We really laughed at that.

Did you see Jacob in one of the little interview clips, where he was being a total goofball?

Jacob, jacob...that boy can dance, and sing, and is just captivating every time he is on the stage.

Theresa is a classy chick. She also seems very loving and kind. And she will have a great career. But I am truly thrilled that Kalan won (although I love Jacob more).. Kalan was the best choice. He is a talented singer and seems like a modest, nice, good person all around. I don't know how his parents kept it together. His Dad seems like the calmest person on earth. I cannot imagine having my son in the top 2!!!

I missed Zach. Why the heck did they schedule the show this way? they could have stretched it out a week or had a filler show or something??? Very odd to have the finale when he couldn't come.

I love Jacob.

I'm glad Kalan won.

I loved this season like crazy!!!

billy looked wonderful.

Oh yes. Thanks to everyone at the FORT. What a great spot to visit.
    Dr. Will: My BB champion!

FORT Fogey
    to absolutely EVERYthing that Samsmom said!

My favourite moment of the night was the "True Colors" duet. They sing so beautifully together and with such sincerity and love... I just loved it!!!

Well, now that I've managed to stop bawling...

I confess that I usually hate Idol group numbers. A notable exception was this year's Gordon Lightfoot tribute. But I really, really enjoyed the ones from tonight. (Plus "Tempted" is one of my all-time favourite songs...I nearly fell over in my chair, hearing it on an Idol show.) And finally, a Guess Who song. Actually, I was so captivated, I wasn't even annoyed by Manoah and Joshua. Speaking of Manoah, whoever dressed her tonight should be fired. Putting her in that horrendous red top for the first number was just plain mean.

I thought Kaleb and Brandy - yes, Brandy - stood out, along with Jacob, in the bottom eight's performances. I truly hope that someone steps up and gives Kaleb a chance at a recording contract...I still say the kid's got an awesome, unique vocal style.

EXTREMELY bummed Zack wasn't there. The show is just a little less fun without him. And I know we've been ragging on Sass, but I loved, just loved, the way she got into the kids' singing. I have no idea why she was dressed like an extra in a Ginger Rogers/Fred Astaire ballroom dancing scene, but I thought it was great that she seemed to be enjoying the show so much. Also, very sweet and touching words to Kalan and Theresa before the results were read.

Ryan Malcolm...yeesh. He was sort of cute last year but I was just plain creeped out by him tonight. Someone give the boy a sandwich, please. The song...forgettable pop-rock. Not that I really expected anything else.

And as I anticipated, Theresa had me in tears by the second line of "Good Mother".

A very appropriate and heartfelt choice, having Kalan and Theresa sing "True Colors" for a final duet. Beautiful as a rainbow, indeed. How can anyone not love those two kids? I've already done my share of gushing over the both of them, but here's a little more, anyway. (Hey, the show is done, let me have my fun.) I am so pleased that they were the final two, and I look forward to watching their careers unfold, and to hear the music they will be creating for us. Like Zack said, good on you guys.

All hail the little prince. Congratulations to Kalan, a very deserving winner.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I'm practicing for America's Next Top Model now, so here's my fashion critique. Manoah, chesty women with big arms should not wear shirts with one missing sleeve. Elena and Theresa, what's up with dresses over pants? Do not get that at all. Kalan, great hat. Jason, you can wear anything.

Enough of that!

Loved the group numbers. Brandy was really good. I remembered how much I love Elena's voice, and that Theresa is much better than her performances of the last few weeks. Jason has real stage presence and is very watchable IMO. Jacob is very fluid on stage, great to watch too. But you know, every time Kalan opened his mouth, I just relaxed into the voice. He is amazing, love love love his singing. I disagree with Jake, he's not just rock and roll, I thought he shone at everything. I like a lot of genres, and am of a certain age (ahem), so am not "fan-girly", and I think the best singer won. Enjoyed tonight. For a moment thought "I'm going to miss Ben." Must go read book now as brain cells are obviously up the swanny after emotional finale!

FORT Fanatic
    Did you catch Theresa's words to Kalan after True Colours? She hugged him, told him she loved him and said she was so proud of him. I really felt when she said it that she was congratulating him on winning even though it hadn't been officially announced. I will really miss seeing the top three every week (and a few of the others too). American Idol will seem so dull after this. I loved the little section of Ben & John memories - only in Canada!

"Amish In The City" JonasIsTheMan's Avatar
    I wasn't a huge watched of the show until there were only 3 left. But I did watch off and on from the beginning. I'm happy to say that Kalan won. Theresa had a great shot at it too..but its awesome to see him come out of his shell and become the great performer he is..he's still learning, but he's gonna be a true superstar..I wish them all the best
    "After all the backstabbing they've done, those PANSIES can't handle backstabbing themselves." - Jonas P. Kurtz

I'm glad I wasn't the only one bawling!
    What a wonderful finale....it didn't matter to me who won - it was just so great to see them all together again. The group numbers were awesome! I'm really sad the seasons over....I was really attached to these kids, especially the top 5. Watching how much they all love and support each other gets me teared up everytime!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    Jon Dore looks almost hot tonight. How sad am I?
    OMG!! I'll be sad right along with you! Lol! I saw a flash of him in the group hug right after they announced Kalan and I thought the same thing! Does John do anything besides CI? I imagine he's a likable guy when he's not in idiot mode.

Didn't see all the show, I'll watch the tape tomorrow, but there's certainly no surprise who the winner was. Have to say that Jacob and Kaleb were standouts in the performances I saw, they're exciting to watch, because they do something different with their performances, their voices and styles are so unique and a breath of fresh air on an Idol show. Also thought Elena was pretty strong. Would have liked these three to finish higher up, but it was a pretty strong top 10 and Kalan is a talented kid, pretty boy or not. Thanks all for your interesting and funny posts .

I watch too much TV realtvjunkiee's Avatar
    Sniff. It's over. Sniff. Need more kleenex.

(BTW: I love Abbotsford, too. The cows are great, the river is big, there are lots of raspberries, there is a great airshow. Come and visit! Come and watch our very own Canadian Idol concert at Rotary Stadium on Oct. 2 with Shane, Jacob, and last year's Karin-Lee Batten. See you there!)
    Vote for Mike V. at www.starfm.com!

+ Reply to Thread