+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: 7/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

If I were in Italy Italian Idol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan
    Bottom three should be Shane, Manoah and Josh, with Manoah leaving us tonight.
    I wasn't going to re-post everything you said but I agree with everything you said with one exception.

Botom three should be Shane, Manoah and Elena, with Elena leaving us tonight. The judges really layed into her ( well atleast two of them) and that's not going to help her at all. Probably the one time that I actually agreed with Sass. Now if Paula could only critisize like that than I wouldn't think that she was just a waste of a judge, stuck there to make Randy and Simon look good.
    "I come from humble grounds. I was never spoiled, so I know how to appreciate things given to me"

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan
    3. Jason

Jason is a great person. He would entertain the hell out of me in a bar setting.....but - it just doesn't flow onto the CI stage for me. Something is missing. Be it a guitar or something like that, he just seems void of something to me when I see him perform. The whole "teeth move, but not the lips" thing is kinda strange also. My only hope is that he is still around for Ricky Martin week, because seeing him sing a Ricky song would be cool. (ok, there is most likely no Ricky Martin week...but I do hope he sings one of his songs just because).

4. Kaleb

Ok - this guy is a two-fold enigma to me. Either he is pretty much the worlds most soulful singer, or he is just so high on whatever it is that makes him so spacey that he appears this way. Every time I hear him sing, I can't help but think that people like Usher and the likes are just not in Kalebs league. He takes that soulful groove and just obliterates it. I also fear what will happen when he speaks....I half expect him to start speaking some language from another planet. What makes this guy so good is the fact that two weeks in a row, he has managed to find deep soul in two of the whitest songs ever written.

8. Kalan

Kalen should have been the last performer. Kalen should be on the Billboard chats as I type this. Kalen is the winner of Canadian Idol unless something odd happens. His performance of "Born To Be Wild" last week was mind-boggling. He has what Jason doesn't...the ability to make just himself shine. Now imagine if they let him get down with that fiddle on CI? Kalen isn't an "Idol", he is a star.

9. Shane

A lot of people are on this guy. "He is too bland" - "He is too boring" - "He sucks!". Shane has an incredible voice. Shane has an incredible look. Shane will sell millions of records.......in Germany! Not my cup of tea, but he does have "something" going on - but it just shouldn't be going on during CI.

Bottom three should be Shane, Manoah and Josh, with Manoah leaving us tonight.
    Great post, Leviathan (like the pictures!). I agree with most of what you said except in reference to Jason and Kaleb. But you're right, Shane would make a wonderful David Hasselhoff sidekick in Germany. Come to think of it, he does have that same cheesy feel that Hans Winkler (?) had during World Idol.

It's sensei time! Masai & Pygmie's Avatar
    I agree with Zack about Shane getting a little bit dirty!!

Last edited by Masai & Pygmie; 07-30-2004 at 07:51 AM.
    "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." -- Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Masai & Pygmie
    A little disappointed in last night's show. Theresa was actually a little pitchy, Elena was off, Jason is still doin his old guy dance (Redd Foxx shuffle) and Joshua is no Kurt Nilson (thought he might swallow the mike on the downward pitch of his "Masai warrior" dance). Jacob is just entertaining and could probably do comedy as well (a young Martin Short kinda way - probably could be on Mel's Rock Pile!!) - got my votes.

I was waiting for one of the guys to do Ferry Cross the Mersey - Kalan coulda probably nailed it, but went for one of his audition songs. And what about Petula Clark...Manoah shoulda taken that angle instead of Lennox (the hat would work there as well as she was into the hat thing too).

Oh well - better song choices would have helped all of the mob, as the British (not even invasion) theme was a bit of a stretch.

But then again, Lionel Ritchie night next week....
    Wow! I am loving that someone else is on the Petula wagon. And as for Ferry Cross the Mersey! My daughter's 9 and she loves playing that on the piano. I'm indoctrinating the kids early. Would have liked some Kinks (solo, not group effort), maybe My Generation, Bus Stop by the Hollies, Mary Hopkins (love Those were the Days).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567