+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 7/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I really didn't like Jacob's...I feel he's trying to hard to be different...he looked like a total freak tonight. Meh just not my thing.

I really liked Caleb tonight which suprised me since he usually doesn't make much of an impression on me.
    Yahtzee! Game on! We will make your life here a living hell. She's constantly in my ear, constantly in my ear. I'll see you in Arizona...with about 50 guys. If you thought you were running sh*t, that's gonna change!

Jake doesn't like it, calls it bland. The other judges praise him, but not overly so.

Ben tells Shane that as a man that knows bland, Shane is anything but.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by starsprite
    I really didn't like Jacob's...I feel he's trying to hard to be different...he looked like a total freak tonight. Meh just not my thing.

I really liked Caleb tonight which suprised me since he usually doesn't make much of an impression on me.
    I felt the same on both accounts. I didn't hate Jacob, I'm actually a big fan, but it certainly was more schtick than what he did last week.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I haven't been watching regularly this season but I did like Jacob's performance. He is a little strange but it was good. He's got a great voice. I have to say that I enjoyed most of the performances tonight.

Jay
    Jacob - unquestionably the best entertainer/performer but not the best singer
    Theresa - average performance. I'm glad she got rid of the Tina Fey glasses; she looked fabulous.
    Jason - good enough for a Saturday night bar band but not for CI
    Kaleb - every song he sings sounds the same to me
    Elena - pitchy at times
    Joshua - awful; a poor imitation of Bono
    Manoah - brave performance but it may be her last
    Kalan - easily the best performance of the night
    Shane - better than last week

Bottom 3 : Joshua, Manoah, Shane
    Eliminated : Joshua

Darn, I missed Jacob! I laughed outloud at the re-cap though. Looks like he did his thang! He'll hang on for a long time, just fro being an oddity. but he'll have to tone it down once in awhile to show us what kind of HIM he can be while he's singing.

I couldn't STAND what Caleb did to Tears in Heaven. That song was meant to be left as is. I don't think there was one single note on-key. Yuck! :phhht

Theresa, bless her heart, didn't do it for me this week. I'm still in ehr corner, though.

I think Kalen in brilliant. he's the only one who made me smile without me even being aware I was smiling. He's very raw and open, doesn't seem to be putting on a show for anyone but himself. I can't figure out how someone so young has figured out exactly how to use his voice. If I was.... 20 years younger, I'd be screaming!!!!

Unfortunately, Manoah dosn't seem up for this challenge. And Jason, Shane and Joshua seem ok, but just don't do it for me.

I'm excited about this season though. I have to say that almost every one of these contestants out-talents most of the AI3 finalists.

Let me see... yeah, overall it was kinda boring.
    I found Jacob to be hilarious. I was just giggling the whole way through that performance.
    Theresa was pretty... but meh.
    Jason - still jumping around. Although this time around, his song actually fit it, so I suppose I'm okay with it (even though I don't particularly like him).
    Kaleb - arg. I'm a big Eric Clapton fan, and I just hated what he did with Tears in Heaven. I'm not part of his market, I suppose.
    Elena - while I love her voice still, I did not like that performance. It's a Cat Stevens song. You don't oversing a Cat Stevens song!
    Josh - his hair looks better. He was also jumping around like a little bunny on stage. Less meh than usual.
    Manoah - don't particularly like this girl. While I can stand her, it's like she's trying too hard, and it's never coming off right. Now she just seems like she was borrowing Gwen Stefani and Pink's schtick.
    Kalan - he's as good as ever. I liked that he just focused on his voice, and sang his heart out, without oversinging. I love this boy's voice. And I think it was Sass who was right on the money in saying that he was the winner. He was the only one who didn't try too hard tonight but still had a great performance.
    Shane - schmaltz. That's it. Just schmaltz. I think he's trying to be like Clay Aiken, and it ain't working for him.
    All in all... BORING! Kalan and Jacob were the highlights of the night. And that was it.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by starsprite
    Yeah she looked gorgeous tonight. I didn't really like her performance but I hope she keeps dressing/looking like that!
    Did anyone else see a resemblance to Carrie Fisher? ...maybe another "separated at birth" thread is in order...

I was not as impressed by the performances tonight as last week, but still enjoyed the night overall.
    It was great to see Shane and Joshua step up a little after last week and deliver. They should make it through, imo.
    Week after week, I'm finding that I'm more and more impressed with Kaleb.
    Theresa was just meh, but it probably won't hurt her much.
    Jacob. I'm not sure what to say. It was TOO theatrical for me, I guess. But I still like him.

Finally, the person I hope goes home is Manoah. I absolutely HATED this performance. For pete's sake, if you are going to have the balls to sing an Annie Lennox song, you better at least try to understand what the heck it is your're singing about!
    Who sings"Some of them want to abuse you" with a stupid smile on their face?!? It was a lame, lame, lame, performance. And all the talk back to the judges? You suck. :phhht

Oh, yeah, and Kalan was great!

Quote Originally Posted by Tael
    Shane - schmaltz. That's it. Just schmaltz. I think he's trying to be like Clay Aiken, and it ain't working for him.
    Ha! I said th same thing about him last week as well as tonight to DH. And I am a self-professed Clay-fan. Shane just doens't do it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by touque
    Finally, the person I hope goes home is Manoah. I absolutely HATED this performance. For pete's sake, if you are going to have the balls to sing an Annie Lennox song, you better at least try to understand what the heck it is your're singing about!
    Who sings"Some of them want to abuse you" with a stupid smile on their face?!? It was a lame, lame, lame, performance. And all the talk back to the judges? You suck. :phhht

Oh, yeah, and Kalan was great!
    Agreed on both points. Manoah was too tied up in how she looked rather than really getting into what it was she was singing. image is one thing, understanding what you're singing is even more important.

Oh yah, and Kalen WAS great!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast