+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7/22 Show Discussion Thread **spoilers**

i am not surprised that brandy was sent home... it is too bad though because she sang fairly well last night and seems to have a strong voice.

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV
    am I the only one who liked Shane's performance from last night...?

but maybe because I'm just a sucker for Irish/Celtic inspired music :p

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets
    am I the only one who liked Shane's performance from last night...?

but maybe because I'm just a sucker for Irish/Celtic inspired music :p
    Nope - I quite liked it too. Like the song, and didn't mind how he did it. He wasn't as strong as some of the others, but I'm surprised at the negativity he's getting.

Am surprised at the luv Jacob is getting - I'll admit that his performance was a hoot last night. I totally appreciated the humor of it, but he's far from having one of the best voices, and unless he does the comedy act every week, I think he'll have trouble with all the different themes. I'm obviously in the minority with that point of view tho.

FORT Fogey
    It should have been Manoah in my opinion, she did way worse.

Apple obsessed goddess Tangerinejoy's Avatar
    Although Brandy wasn't exactly a shining star, I thought she was way better than Shane and Manoah. I'm left a little bitter. Shane wasn't even in the bottom three.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogopogo
    Am surprised at the luv Jacob is getting - I'll admit that his performance was a hoot last night. I totally appreciated the humor of it, but he's far from having one of the best voices, and unless he does the comedy act every week, I think he'll have trouble with all the different themes. I'm obviously in the minority with that point of view tho.
    I'm joining you in the minority.

I'm so glad Brandy is gone. I don't think she deserved to be in the top 10. *still bitter about Jessica*
    :p
    Yahtzee! Game on! We will make your life here a living hell. She's constantly in my ear, constantly in my ear. I'll see you in Arizona...with about 50 guys. If you thought you were running sh*t, that's gonna change!

Huge Lotto Winner..$1.49 westernstar's Avatar
    Who cares if your 10th or 9th or 8th none of these 3 will win anyway. Wait for the final 4 to be entertained.

I might be the only person in Canada that thought Kaleb is way overrated and should have been in the bottom 3 tonight. I won't shed a tear when that warbler gets the boot - unfortunately, the way Nova Scotia votes on geographic lines, that may be quite a while.

In any event, I did feel that Brandy didn't deserve to go tonight, but honestly her chances of going the distance and winning the competition were virtually nil anyways. Like it or not, looks count a lot for a pop idol (and don't kid yourself that Rita McNeil or the early Carnie Wilson were pop idols ).

By the way - anybody know what songs go on the Canadian Idol top 10 CD? Is it the songs that the top 10 each sang during this last Wednesday's show? Or is it songs from earlier in the series?

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    I'm happy Manoah got to stay because I cant wait to see if she tries some Evanescence on rock night lol. I would have rather Joshua out of the three get eliminated. I am fine without Brandy because I have Theresa unless she starts getting into the regular artsy type songs. I think Shane wasnt voted out or even in the bottom three because girls (i'm a guy I don't think so) might like how he looks but thats about it. I was almost sure fairies would pop out at anytime

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12