+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: 7/21 - Show Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I missed the show last night and I am SO dissapointed as IMO the song selection was pretty great and a few of my favorite songs were sung. Does anyone know a place where I can hear the performances? Theresa's, Elena's, Jacob's, Kalan's, and Manoah's in particular.
    Hi!
    You can get Jacob's performance here: http://idols.blackspirits.net/
    Sorry I can't help with the others....you missed a really great show!

Ivy

I just saw Jacob's performance (thanks for the link), and I must say it was really entertaining. His singing was good, and he was extremely funny at the same time.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

FORT Newbie

LOL - Great comment fluff

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    They all get a beauty box each.
    Theresa looks confused by the barrage of beauty products.

Best comment I've seen posted on here! "Theresa looks confused by beauty products." LOL. I SO don't mean to insult this poor girl, because I reside in the same city as her, but people...come on! Stop listening to the judges GUSH over her, and try listening to her, and looking at her! She's had some okay performances, but her Good Mother was DREADFUL! She gasped and croaked out ALL the high notes, but never mastered any of them...she took audible, unnecessary breaths and gasps where she shouldn't have, and her timing was off. She defines someone who has not "stepped up" yet...she has been consistently, um, pleasant, and that's about all we can say. She hasn't belted one out of the park the way, say, Jason did on his Wild Card show, or the way Manoah did with "My Immortal", or the way Kalan did with "Born to be Wild". There is going to have to come a point when the judges will stop just mind-numbingly gushing over Theresa and start constructively criticizing why her singing, her stance, her presentation, and her style never change!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by saskatoonboy
    Best comment I've seen posted on here! "Theresa looks confused by beauty products." LOL. I SO don't mean to insult this poor girl, because I reside in the same city as her, but people...come on! Stop listening to the judges GUSH over her, and try listening to her, and looking at her! She's had some okay performances, but her Good Mother was DREADFUL! She gasped and croaked out ALL the high notes, but never mastered any of them...she took audible, unnecessary breaths and gasps where she shouldn't have, and her timing was off. She defines someone who has not "stepped up" yet...she has been consistently, um, pleasant, and that's about all we can say. She hasn't belted one out of the park the way, say, Jason did on his Wild Card show, or the way Manoah did with "My Immortal", or the way Kalan did with "Born to be Wild". There is going to have to come a point when the judges will stop just mind-numbingly gushing over Theresa and start constructively criticizing why her singing, her stance, her presentation, and her style never change!
    Wow. I think Theresa's being "confused over the barrage of beauty products" was just another endearing thing about her. Funny I should be the one responding to this, because I think I may be one of the few who thought the judges went overboard on that performance! However, I think "who" she is; her style of singing (presentation), her sweet personality, her humility, and the fact that she doesn't go overboard on her makeup, etc. are qualities that make her among the most lovable of the contestants.
    It will be interesting to see how, and if, her performances change over the next few weeks, though.
    to the boards, saskatoonboy!!!

I kind of agree with saskatoonboy, I don't know what the fuss over Theresa is
    She's just another artsy singer. I have to admit though, that I don't really like those type of artists, ala, Sarah McLaughlan(sp?), Chantal Kreviazsuk. And maybe I'm just "affected" by this popularity of original-voiced rock singers and band frontman, ala, Nickelback, Default, Matthew Good. But it does get me out to buy their CD.
    Something I wasn't sure of, but I was in the middle of, Something I forget now - Keane, This is the last time

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    It's all about preference and I really enjoyed Good Mother, the best of the night. I can't believe anyone didnt liek Kalan because his Born to be Wild was right on and I was surprised. I do have to agree that Manoah's performence of My Immortal was amazing and once again I'm hoping she chooses an evanescence song for rock night. I didnt like what the judges said about amy lee's my immortal but it got her in and hopefully she will improve. However Theresa's good mother was definitely one of the best performences on CI, and probably Kalan's was too.

+ Reply to Thread