+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Theresa Sokyrka

I agree about the Norah Jones comparison. I see Theresa having this totally cool Norah Jones meets Joni Mitchell vibe.

Theresa looked good with the contacts, but Iíd like to see her go back to the thick frames next week. One thing that sickens me about AI is the progressive image makeovers that make the singers look less and less like themselves each week. It seems to me the essence of CI is to embrace an artist for who they are, not the slicked-up Hollywood version of who A&R execs want them to be.

I didnít think her performance was that bad. She got across that whimsical charm that I like about her. The problem was the song was just too simple to sing in a competition like this. There were about 3 notes in the entire minute and a half, not exactly the type of stuff to show off your vocal chops. But I appreciate that she picked a song Iíve never heard before, something Iím finding increasingly rare on idol shows (and I donít know that many songs).

ABC
    FORT Newbie
    I really like Theresa because she has a nice voice (Lisa Loeb-ish vibe goin on) i just hope she picks a better song to sing next week cuz Wednesdays song was boring! You can tell the judges really like her and were disappointed with her performance!

I was @ Canadian Idol Live on the 28th and 29th. Its sounds a lot different when your in the same room as the competitors i must say! After the show there was an autograph signing. I got all the auto graphs. I made a sign that said Canadas Eyes Are Stuck On Theresa. She saw and Loved IT! She signed the poster for me and she signed a pic of herself 4 me. She also gave me a hug and thanked me for making the sign. She even took a pic of the sign. I got a few pics with her. She saw her aunt in the audience during the signing and started crying and waving cuz she had "i love Theresa T's" on. She was soooo cute! She is by far the most kind, real person in the group and i'm rooting 4 her all the way. Love ya Theresa! U got my vote!

GOOOOOOOOOOOO THERESA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Cool story, tgrocks. Post some of the pics. We'd be interested in seeing them!

p.s. your sig may need updating

yess!!!! I'll get right on that! LOL!

Vote Nuts

I gotta tell you I love this girl but I have other people I like too and I am not really into sitting at my telephone and powervoting my butt off but the judges are really starting to tick me off I usually throw 20 votes at whoever out of Jason,Theresa,Elena and Jacob I liked best and then go 1-10 and throw em at the other 3 but the judges really tick me off nowadays especially Sass and Jake and Jake's comments about fake take off that leather jacket and sunglasses buddy and then we will discuss fake so last night on my standards of voting I went a little nuts and gave Theresa 100 votes because I love her and the judges ripped into her for no good reason I was so happy when she refrained from saying thank-you after the uncalled for bashing from the judges I then gave 5 each to my other fav 3 and gave everyone else EXCLUDING KALAN 1 vote because I dislike Kalan with a passion and the judges constantly praise him even when he isn't amazing

Put the pieces together Quack-Wabbit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by D/WBB5
    I gotta tell you I love this girl but I have other people I like too and I am not really into sitting at my telephone and powervoting my butt off but the judges are really starting to tick me off I usually throw 20 votes at whoever out of Jason,Theresa,Elena and Jacob I liked best and then go 1-10 and throw em at the other 3 but the judges really tick me off nowadays especially Sass and Jake and Jake's comments about fake take off that leather jacket and sunglasses buddy and then we will discuss fake so last night on my standards of voting I went a little nuts and gave Theresa 100 votes because I love her and the judges ripped into her for no good reason I was so happy when she refrained from saying thank-you after the uncalled for bashing from the judges I then gave 5 each to my other fav 3 and gave everyone else EXCLUDING KALAN 1 vote because I dislike Kalan with a passion and the judges constantly praise him even when he isn't amazing
    That is the single longest sentence I have ever seen in my life.

I don't know if Theresa can stay alive with the song choices she's making. She couldn't become the "bad one" of the season, could she?
    GREAT MOMENTS IN SURVIVOR HISTORY...

"Richard catching fish hasn't come into foreplay yet..."
    -- Susan Hawk

I am starting to lose faith that Teresa has the ability to choose a song that will showcase her voice. If she can't pull something out of her hat this week... she may end up in the bottom three.

Quote Originally Posted by sooz
    I am starting to lose faith that Teresa has the ability to choose a song that will showcase her voice. If she can't pull something out of her hat this week... she may end up in the bottom three.
    I think she'll do much better this week. Lionel Richie & Commodore songs are much more her style. Rock & roll just isn't her genre and I think, all things considered, she did very well in a tough week. She has such a lovely voice she should be able to pick one of his very pretty songs and ace it - I'm looking forward to it

i dont watch canadian idol cause im in the U.S but dont you thinks eh looks like the teacher from mean girls? i forgot her name...

+ Reply to Thread