+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Theresa Sokyrka

Quote Originally Posted by BobDobolina
    AH! Addikted, you have cleared the haze that's surrounding me. (speaking of which, what ever happened to hazy?) I remember that now. That's pretty funny, but probably went over a lot of the audience's heads.

I was thinking about going back and checking WI idol out now that I've seen some of the other idol winners and judges. (as if I don't waste enough time.) I agree with you about the relative merits of Simon vs Zack. I think if I heard Simon says that comment now, I'd want to smack him upside the head and call him a poser. The polish judge he can insult, but I don't think he's got anything on any of the CI judges.
    Addikted's summary of Simon vs. Zack was bang on. I am fine with a judge insulting a singer's voice, dancing, etc. That's part of being an idol. But Cowell injects these really insulting and ultimately irrelevant comments like telling a girl "you look like Jay Leno's sister" or telling Jon Stevens "you look like Stan Laurel of Laurel & Hardy". Not that I was fan of Jon Stevens (in fact I hated his singing as much as the next person), but that type of comment from Simon Cowell is just petty.

Zack at least sticks to the topics he's supposed to be commenting on.

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    I loved how Theresa almost cried when she found out she was going on even though it was almost obvious she would. She seems really nice but very shy.

Theresa is definitely my favorite. There is something captivating about her. She has a nice personality and, as someone stated earlier, she is amazingly talented. I would be very happy if she wins it but I think that Kalan will. He is also very talented...

Does anyone know what her boyfriends name is ? I hear they have been together for 8 years and seem very in love I have yet to see him at a show yet I guess he is still back in Saskatoon

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    8 years? Wow, that would be since she was 15.

FORT Newbie

What is the fuss over Theresa?????

Okay, everyone. the time has come...SOMEONE needs to really answer me...what is the fuss over Theresa Sokyrka? Seriously...I am NOT meaning to insult this girl...not at all...I am from the same city as her...Saskatoon. That should make me want to embrace her with open arms, and burn up the phone lines voting for her, but I don't. She is a one-note church choir singer. She stands in one spot, and she sings. Usually, she sings well, so I have no complaints with her singing voice. But really now...did anyone actually HEAR her singing on the first top ten show? Come on...she didn't properly hit ANY of the high notes...She gasped and croaked them out. And she took these weird, audible breaths and gasps in bizarre places where any singer wouldn't have to. And her timing was off. I challenge EVERYONE to go back and ACTUALLY listen to that performance, instead of just being so brainwashed by the judges adoration and love for Theresa. Theresa is a passable enough singer, but she's got no spark, no charisma, no sex appeal. Could you REALLY imagine sitting through a two hour concert of hers? Everyone knows that Saskatoon and Regina have a big rivalry, and I will proudly try to stack up our city against Regina any day...but for my money, Manoah Hartmann is where it's at! She's the real deal! That gal can sing ANYTHING...and she's proven it...old classics, current rock hits, spiritual...and she does it with flair, and passion, and stage presence, and energy, and spunk, and charisma. She lights up the stage with her personality. And doing it all while suffering pain, and seizures? Commendable! The judges don't like her much because they see what a huge star she could REALLY be. If this competition was in its right mind, the Top Two finalists left standing would be Manoah and Jason Greeley. Both are great singers, and entertaining, energetic, captivating performers. Not as bizarre and over the top as Jacob, not as much of judges darlings as Kaleb and Kalan, but nonetheless, the most mature, professional, and polished acts in the competition.

Theresa's BF

Quote Originally Posted by BobDobolina
    8 years? Wow, that would be since she was 15.
    I know since the 10th grade thats a long time but I just wanna see him does anyone know what his name is ???

Manoah Hartmann is where it's at! She's the real deal! That gal can sing ANYTHING...and she's proven it...old classics, current rock hits, spiritual...and she does it with flair, and passion, and stage presence, and energy, and spunk, and charisma. She lights up the stage with her personality. And doing it all while suffering pain, and seizures? Commendable! The judges don't like her much because they see what a huge star she could REALLY be.
    You almost had me.

I think Theresa is a better singer, hands down, over Manoah. However, I'm not as sold on her as others and have said as much. I felt that Theresa didn't sing as strong as she could have, but managed to do a good job.

Manoah reminds me of a lounge singer that is about ready to lay on a piano. I find everything about Manoah very false. The only thing I find remotely fake about Theresa are her 'thank you's'. Manoah sings with that 'look at me' quality, desperate for attention and it overshadows her performance. Theresa doesn't do that and just lets the song be the star.

Is Manoah talented? Yes. She has a great voice but nothing that is superior to anyone in this competition. I don't care for her performance style. Do I think the judges are trying to hold her back? Um, no.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    OK, first off, Theresa is a great singer. Although i didnt like her top 32 performence because I'm not into that kind of music, I think she has it all. She nailed all the high notes, I couldnt here any breathing and she sounded almost the same, well actually even better than the person who originally sung the song.

Now, I dont disagree with you about Manoah. In fact, I really like her and think she has style and class in her singing. I loved her performence of My Immortal and trust me theres more of that. I didnt really mind her top 10 performence but I think shes going to do much better next week. Now I don't think the judges have any vendetta against her and definitely dont want to hold her back, it is just their opinion.

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by saskatoonboy
    I challenge EVERYONE to go back and ACTUALLY listen to that performance, instead of just being so brainwashed by the judges adoration and love for Theresa. Theresa is a passable enough singer, but she's got no spark, no charisma, no sex appeal. Could you REALLY imagine sitting through a two hour concert of hers?
    Sheesh, not this argument again. Just because you disagree with the judges does not mean we're all brainwashed -- a suggestion which I think is insulting -- or that they have some sinister, unfair bias. :rolleyes Is it so hard to fathom that other people may have different opinions and tastes than you?

For the record, I've gone back listened to her performances more times than is probably healthy. Frankly, I can't wait until I have the opportunity to sit through a 2 hour concert of her's. I'm sure it will be riveting.

+ Reply to Thread