+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Theresa Sokyrka

FORT Fogey
    I used to live 30 minutes from Saskatchewan, and would visit there every few months with my family to visit the KFC All-you-can-eat buffet... mmmm that was good... but I can't say I remember meeting any sweet, earnest, glasses-wearing, good girls there... sure some were sweet, some were earnest, some were good girls, and some even wore glasses, and sometimes there were girls with two of the above, or even three of the above... but all four? Unheard of!

Saskatoon is one of the many places in Canada that I spent part of my youth in and no offense, but I hated it. We were there for just two years, after having been in Montreal for 3 years, and it was a huge adjustment. It is a quaint city though, unlike Regina. I've never been back, but Winnipeg is definitely the Paris of the Prairies.

It's not too bad, Lotus, but it does get some getting used to, after being transplanted from Winnipeg. The worst thing is that there's no place decent to go out to eat

And dfleming, there's lots of nice girls here...anytime you want, you come out West and I'll hook you up
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I thought her song choice last night was perfect for her voice.
    I love Good Mother, Jann Arden has me in tears every time I hear it and so did Theresa.
    She is what she is and I think we can expect her to stay true to herself.

Thank goodness she's Canadian because on AI they'd probably try to give her a Carmne style makeover.
    "That's Numberwang!"

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I thought her song choice last night was perfect for her voice.
    I love Good Mother, Jann Arden has me in tears every time I hear it and so did Theresa.
    She is what she is and I think we can expect her to stay true to herself.

Thank goodness she's Canadian because on AI they'd probably try to give her a Carmne style makeover.
    Yes I know< i'm so happy to have her on canadian idol. We need someone like her. She is an incredible singer, just from this one performence. In fact, I want to hear it again. When they said hers was the best performence in CI history, ITA! She is great and will get VERY far in this compitition if not win it.

Was that really a freakin idol performance? Serious music by a serious artist, who would’ve thunk it. The hypercritical overanalyzer in me has no complaints. I’d buy her CD tomorrow (please don’t sick one of those typical, vapid Idol singles on her). Still blows my mind that someone of Theresa’s caliber would try out for a show like this (a testament to the integrity of the judging criteria).

p.s. Zack’s “channeling my inner Cowell” jab had me (so true)

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by addikted
    Zack’s “channeling my inner Cowell” jab had me (so true)
    I didn't get that. I thought it meant he was about to insult her. What am I missing?

btw, did last year's winner have to release some sort of sugary idol single after the finale?

Ryan Malcolm released the single "Something More" after winning the crown. It wasn't as sugary as that dreck Fantasia's hawking right now but it certainly isn't a Grammy winning song either. You should be able to find it online for download if you really want to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by BobDobolina
    I didn't get that. I thought it meant he was about to insult her. What am I missing?
    *glances at the CI board, hoping there’s no Simon fans around

In World Idol, Simon took a cheap shot at Zack saying something to the extent of “you’re not qualified to judge” Kelly Clarkson. This was Zack’s comeback at Simon, jokingly saying “I’m channeling my inner Cowell…I’ve got it, I don’t feel qualified to judge you” to Theresa. Which was just hilarious and illustrates the fundamental difference between Simon and Zack. Simon takes his judging gig way too seriously, going overboard with extreme ass-kssing and extreme putdowns in an attempt to get America to vote his way (I figure because of 2 reasons: 1) his ego 2) his financial stake in the AI franchise). Zack, on the other hand, understands it’s just a talent competition and respects the Canadian public’s vote i.e. you won’t see him getting uptight, crying about it when the public doesn’t vote his way. What I find even more ironic is that Simon’s role on AI is essentially to be an actor/entertainer who takes potshots at contestants, yet his comments have become increasingly predictable, redundant, wishy-washy. Zack, the “professional appreciator of talent,” is the one who constantly keeps me on my toes with his comments, which are spontaneously candid and uncolored, not premeditated, scripted, forced. Whew! Glad I got that off my chest. I’ll retire from my soapbox now.

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by addikted
    *glances at the CI board, hoping there’s no Simon fans around

In World Idol, Simon took a cheap shot at Zack saying something to the extent of “you’re not qualified to judge” Kelly Clarkson. This was Zack’s comeback at Simon, jokingly saying “I’m channeling my inner Cowell…I’ve got it, I don’t feel qualified to judge you” to Theresa.
    AH! Addikted, you have cleared the haze that's surrounding me. (speaking of which, what ever happened to hazy?) I remember that now. That's pretty funny, but probably went over a lot of the audience's heads.

I was thinking about going back and checking WI idol out now that I've seen some of the other idol winners and judges. (as if I don't waste enough time.) I agree with you about the relative merits of Simon vs Zack. I think if I heard Simon says that comment now, I'd want to smack him upside the head and call him a poser. The polish judge he can insult, but I don't think he's got anything on any of the CI judges.

+ Reply to Thread