+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Kalan Porter

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Ogo tells me his album is out. Any reviews from the local Fort folk?

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Just that it's being heavily promoted for the season. Cute Kid.

The album cover

Kalan and Shania

Last edited by eny; 12-03-2004 at 10:28 PM.

Maz
    Kalan's album debuted at #4. According to ChartAttack, that's a great success since it was "against new discs by the likes of U2, Eminem and Gwen Stefani". I haven't heard any actual reviews though...

http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2004/12/0605.cfm

Hmm, thought this thread had died and gone to Idol heaven, but if it's still alive, may as well post a tidbit or two. http://www.kalan-porter-forum.com/no...pic/5/895.html is the Kalan Porter Fan Club and the forums there are super busy. Kalan's album is still doing very very well, he's making lots of appearances and his reputation and popularity are growing steadily.

He was cute as could be in a skit about him and Theresa on the recent Gemini's (Canada's Oscars) telecast and they even had Don Cherry & Ron McLean do another skit about voting for him on CI. He's putting a band together for a tour in February & March, and last week when tickets went on sale for 12 or 13 different concerts in Ontario, they all sold out within hours, so they tacked on another date at the Massey in Toronto which is big time. Tickets for eastern and western Canada dates are on sale today or next week, and the buzz is that they'll go very quickly also.

His confidence with the publicity and the attention has just grown by leaps and bounds since CI, and although he is still humble and a bit shy, he smiles and looks right at the camera and/or the interviewer now, and is still adorably cute, and a cut and more highlights enhance his curls even more. More importantly, he's often referred to now as Cda's newest singing sensation, rather than Canadian Idol, and stories and articles are really picking up on his voice and musical talent. His future looks immensely bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Maz
    Kalan's album debuted at #4. According to ChartAttack, that's a great success since it was "against new discs by the likes of U2, Eminem and Gwen Stefani". I haven't heard any actual reviews though...
    Stayed at #4 in Week 2, but slid a bit to #6 in Week 3, which is still very good for a relatively unknown Canadian artist.

Reviews have been mixed. Most critics haven't liked the mishmash of songs and all the playing around with the tracks by the engineers, but virtually all praise his voice and ability, and say positive things about future albums when he'll have more time and input. From a personal perspective, I love it. Phooey on the critics, altho I must admit, I wish the producers had just left his beautiful voice to stand alone on some of the tracks. We don't need six tracks of his voice harmonizing with himself when one will do just fine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789