+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Kalan Porter

http://www.canada.com/calgary/calgar...93f71ee&page=1

Here's a good article on Kalan. Hope the link works.

He ruined paint it black last week and this week he looked like a constipated bobble head. I honestly can't fathom the allure of this kiddo.

I do understand that he seems to be a nice, vanilla farm kid with good family values, every mother's dream date for her teenage daughter, but it didn't get Jimmy Osmond far. I hope Kalan doesn't coast through on judge's praise and shy looks.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    He ruined paint it black last week and this week he looked like a constipated bobble head. I honestly can't fathom the allure of this kiddo.

I do understand that he seems to be a nice, vanilla farm kid with good family values, every mother's dream date for her teenage daughter, but it didn't get Jimmy Osmond far. I hope Kalan doesn't coast through on judge's praise and shy looks.
    Wow - people's tastes are sure different. I can honestly say this is the most negative thing I have seen posted about Kalan on any board anywhere. I mean, some people aren't big fans, but such negativity is rare, thank goodness.

[QUOTE=Duxxy]He ruined paint it black last week and this week he looked like a constipated bobble head. I honestly can't fathom the allure of this kiddo.

Well we've all got different taste, but I think the kid is good. For a farm boy he's got a lot of soul, has an edge to his voice in the manner of Eric Burdon (well could do one day, Eric's a genius). There's an intensity there that is very watchable.

Well we've all got different taste, but I think the kid is good. For a farm boy he's got a lot of soul, has an edge to his voice in the manner of Eric Burdon (well could do one day, Eric's a genius). There's an intensity there that is very watchable.[/QUOTE]

This kid had me at his audition when he did House of the Rising Sun. His voice gives me shivers (the good kind ). I think he's a huge, huge talent. It'll be a travesty if he doesn't win this thing...although frankly, I think he's TOO good for his Idol stuff.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Ogopogo
    Wow - people's tastes are sure different. I can honestly say this is the most negative thing I have seen posted about Kalan on any board anywhere. I mean, some people aren't big fans, but such negativity is rare, thank goodness.
    I don't think I was overly harsh or critical Ogo, Kalan doesn't hold any appeal for me ... he's missing?? I don't know .. some Oomph? This is my opinion and I'm entitled to it, I do feel that your 'verbal' slap was unwarranted.
    You'll notice that Kalan is my top Nostro pick - he's not what I like but I do know what the rest of you like

I don't think I was overly harsh or critical Ogo, Kalan doesn't hold any appeal for me ... he's missing?? I don't know .. some Oomph? This is my opinion and I'm entitled to it, I do feel that your 'verbal' slap was unwarranted.
    Sorry to butt in here, Duxxy, but you did call Kalan a "constipated bobblehead", which isn't as charitable as you may think.

*goes back to lurking*

You'll notice that Kalan is my top Nostro pick - he's not what I like but I do know what the rest of you like
    I fear the upcoming Gordon Lightfoot theme night isn't going to change your mind about Kalan either, Dux

I do love little Kalan, but I defend your right to call him a...what was it? Constipated bobblehead? I almost wish you hadn't picked him to win, 'cause then I could have bet you that he would win and then, say, made you have him as your av for a week...
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by nausicaa
    Sorry to butt in here, Duxxy, but you did call Kalan a "constipated bobblehead", which isn't as charitable as you may think.

*goes back to lurking*
    Hi Naus! nice to see you

I never claimed to be charitable - just not overly harsh.

you shouldn't lurk so much! sharing is much more fun

Janey, Kalan's a good looking kid,

he'd be ok as an av .. but my little yellow havok-wreaker is much more fun

+ Reply to Thread