+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Kalan Porter

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Saget_Fan
    Has anybody heard Mike Patton of Faith No More? Kalan sounds very similar to him.
    I'dlove to hear Kalan sing Epic.
    I love that song and I think he could do it justice.
    "That's Numberwang!"

When he sang Lady, I thought he was Josh Groban, except wussier. Who would’ve expected such a rock-n-roll beast was inside of him. Although I could never take Born to be Wild seriously after Dana Carvey’s karaoke rendition in Opportunity Knocks.

Previously, in the competition we had hear him sing "House of the Rising Sun" & "Lady" - both ballads - totally was not expecting to hear "Born to be Wild"; but he did amazingly well with it - his versatility looks very promising

i think this guy is a shoo in for top 3 & has to be considered odds on favourite to win this thing

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liant
    Previously, in the competition we had hear him sing "House of the Rising Sun" & "Lady" - both ballads - totally was not expecting to hear "Born to be Wild"; but he did amazingly well with it - his versatility looks very promising

i think this guy is a shoo in for top 3 & has to be considered odds on favourite to win this thing
    Unless there is a huge upset or a very poor performence my best bet for the top 2 is Kalan and Theresa. Imagine week 8 on rock and roll night, he is going to own the night!

FORT Newbie

He CAN Move?

Whaddya know? The stick man can move??? I thought Kalan could only stand in ONE position, hold his microphone ONE way, and sing in ONE tone of voice. Okay, the kid kind of impressed me on the first Top Ten show, but is he strong enough to go all the way and be the Idol? Not by a long shot!

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by saskatoonboy
    Whaddya know? The stick man can move??? I thought Kalan could only stand in ONE position, hold his microphone ONE way, and sing in ONE tone of voice. Okay, the kid kind of impressed me on the first Top Ten show, but is he strong enough to go all the way and be the Idol? Not by a long shot!
    I think he does. You don't understand that not every performence do you jump and parade around the stage. Some songs are slow and you don't do much but sing and everyone has those songs. I think that Kalan has a lot better chane of getting to the top 3, then some of the other guys like Jason, Kaleb, Shane and so on. He is the best guy out there in the competition. his Born to be Wild was a sellable hit.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by baskiddball
    I think he does. You don't understand that not every performence do you jump and parade around the stage. Some songs are slow and you don't do much but sing and everyone has those songs. I think that Kalan has a lot better chane of getting to the top 3, then some of the other guys like Jason, Kaleb, Shane and so on. He is the best guy out there in the competition. his Born to be Wild was a sellable hit.
    I also think that Kalan definately has a shot at winning. I would love to see him, Jacob, and Theresa as the final 3 (except I has no idea who I would vote for if that happened)

I don't like Kalan personally but I think the kid could easily win CI. He has 'boy next door' appeal. He's respectable, he's cute (in a boy band kinda way) He's shy and unassuming and his performances are completely unexpected (like Clay in the beginning but thats where the similarities end) he has a good chance of taking this competition.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

MHC
    FORT Newbie
    I went to school with Kalan at Eagle Butte in Medicine Hat. He is goin all the way. Hes an awesome singer with a great heart. Way to go Kalan. We love you

Quote Originally Posted by MHC
    I went to school with Kalan at Eagle Butte in Medicine Hat. He is goin all the way. Hes an awesome singer with a great heart. Way to go Kalan. We love you
    C'mon - tell us more about Kalan! Is he as shy as he seems to be? Did all the girls in school love him? Is that really a perm? What is his hair really like? Luv the kid and would like to know more about the real him

+ Reply to Thread