Hometown: Regina, SK
    Audition City: Regina, SK
    Place of Birth: Victoria, BC
    Nickname: "Mino," "Minnie"
    Sounds Like: Martina McBride / Pink / Amy Lee
    Identifies With: Bonnie Raitt, Jann Arden
    Musical Style: "Versatile"
    Fashion Style: "Funky and fun"

"My number one goal in life is to share my love of music and the arts with as many people as possible and to pass on that vision and drive to all the young singers in Canada."

Top 32 Song List:

My Immortal

There are not many competitors that have a resident cheering section such as that of Manoah Hartmann. As a music teacher at a Regina elementary school, Manoah can count on the support of her students, their parents and her fellow staff. "They are always cheering me on and inspiring me to go beyond what I have already done," she says. Indeed, regardless of what happens on Canadian Idol, Manoah is devoted to giving back to young Canadians. "I hope that I will continue to pass on my love for the arts and for music to as many people, especially young girls, as I can." A graduate of the University of Regina, Manoah began singing when hanging out on the beach in Victoria, where she was born. "I would sing and dance all around my grandparents' yard," she says. Indeed, it was Manoah's grandmother who encouraged her mother to sign her up for classical training after recognizing her potential.

Manoah describes herself as "funky, outspoken and fun to be around." In addition to singing, Manoah acts and also writes. In her spare time, Manoah likes to read and watch TV, rollerblade and swim. She loves shoes, hats, dark chocolate, Law and Order and is a die-hard Saskatchewan Roughriders fan.

What can viewers expect when they see Manoah perform? "The audience will see someone who loves what they are doing," she says. "I love working with people and inspiring people to believe in themselves and achieve their dreams."
    "That's Numberwang!"

Name: Manoah Hartmann

Hometown: Regina, SK

Audition city: Regina

When did you first start to sing?

I first started singing when I was just a kid hanging out on the beach in Victoria.

What is your favourite song to sing?

I really love singing "Independence Day" but I could really sing anything!

What CD would your friends be surprised you own?

Garth Brooks' "The Hits".

Who in the music world do you think your style is most like?

People have told me I sound like Janis Joplin, Bonnie Raitt, Pink, Martina McBride and Amy Lee.

How would your friends describe you?

Fun and free-spirited. They always talk about how crazy and spontaneous I am and how we always have fun.

Besides performing, what other talents do you have?

I love to act, but I'm pretty sure that's performing. I am an excellent writer.

What are your goals in life?

To share my love of music and arts with young people; write songs that reflect my generation's experience; perform with great female singers; perform in a rap song with 50 Cent, Sean Paul or Missy Elliott.

My definition of a Canadian Idol is:

Someone who represents both the diversity and fun of the Canadian people and promotes Canadian culture. Someone who is an amazing singer and engaging performer.

Who is your Canadian Idol?

Jann Arden because she's proven to the world that you don't have to be the skinny, model-type girl to be an amazingly popular musician. She's a phenomenal songwriter.

Who in the Canadian Idol Top 11 did you identify with the most?

I identified most with Toya Alexis because, like me, she wasn't the ideal body shape but she was talented and sparkled like a star should.

What are your greatest strengths entering this competition?

My persistence and unwavering spirit. I think another strength I have is my powerhouse voice.

What is your biggest fear regarding this competition?

That my health will hold me back. I want to be completely healthy so that the judges have a chance to really hear my voice and see what I'm capable of.

If you don't make it on Canadian Idol, what will you do?

I hope to use this experience to further my goals in the area of music recording, learning the "tricks of the trade." I think I will always teach, at least in some fashion, and I don't want to lose that.

How would your life change if you were to become Canadian Idol?

Not only would I have to move to a part of the country I am unfamiliar with, but I would also have to leave all of my friends, family and students behind! I think that would be an amazing experience that would fulfill my dreams of sharing my voice with the world.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Meh. She's a decent singer but she leaves me cold, for some reason.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Me too, Jane, her facial reactions on the result shows were way over the top.

I was disappointed when she made it through.
    I agree, her facial expressions were OTT.

Although I am sick to death of hearing My Immortal, I do applaud her for not going the traditional diva route and selecting a Whitney,Mariah or Celine number.
    "That's Numberwang!"

very low on my list of favorites.

I was disappointed in her last night.
    She isn't a favourite of mine anyway, but I still think she is capable of better than what she delivered last night.
    On a minor note, of all the performers I thought she was the one who really missed the boat with her outfit.
    I don't know if she was inspired by Vanessa Olivarez and is looking ahead to a post show stab at a role in Hairspray, but her do last night was hideous.
    Her clothes looked really ill-fitting too.
    She just looked all wrong to me.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    She isn't a favourite of mine anyway, but I still think she is capable of better than what she delivered last night.
    On a minor note, of all the performers I thought she was the one who really missed the boat with her outfit.
    I don't know if she was inspired by Vanessa Olivarez and is looking ahead to a post show stab at a role in Hairspray, but her do last night was hideous.
    Gotta agree with you Fluff. Especially the backside shots of her And the fact she's so arrogant really turns me off too.

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I have to kinda agree and kinda disagree. I was disappointed in her yesterday but I dont think her performence was that bad. She is not arrogant at all. The top poster is right. She is classy, professional and has a lot of talent. Her outfit, well I don't want to comment on that, I kind of agree. However, I'm expecting a good performence from her next show. And in the rock and role week I wanna see some Evanescence. Whooo

she was my cousins teacher and teaches at the school across the street from my friends house so i would love too see her get to the final 6 atleast...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast