+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Idols On "On Air"

  1. #1
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485

    Idols On "On Air"

    They sound awful and look amateurish to me.
    Might not be too late for a refund if you've bought tickets.
    They opened with Soul Man.
    Of course JPL had to dance all jittery and mug for the cameras, God he's tiresome.
    They then broke into a bit of Crazy in love and the choreographer had them rip off some of Beyonce's moves.
    Camille was very poor on that song, tugging at her too short skirt and out of step with the other females.
    I sense this tour will get even worse reviews than last seasons.
    "That's Numberwang!"

  2. #2
    FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    hangin' with the girls drinking Cosmos
    Posts
    7,738
    I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that thinks that. I'm glad I'm not going
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

  3. #3
    FORT Fogey BoBoFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,224
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    They sound awful and look amateurish to me.
    Might not be too late for a refund if you've bought tickets.
    They opened with Soul Man.
    Of course JPL had to dance all jittery and mug for the cameras, God he's tiresome.
    They then broke into a bit of Crazy in love and the choreographer had them rip off some of Beyonce's moves.
    Camille was very poor on that song, tugging at her too short skirt and out of step with the other females.
    I sense this tour will get even worse reviews than last seasons.
    I was really disappointed in that show!! Not at all what I was expecting. I was wondering if it was just me, but apparently not- I guess you heard & saw the same mess I did Fluff. *shaking head*

  4. #4
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485
    George just did a mini-medlely that I actually thought was pretty good.
    He sang a slowed down version of "A Thing Called Love" by the Darkness, which I liked then Tasia joined him for "All My Life" by KC and JoJo.
    The Idols then all did a reggaeish "Where Is The Love?" by BEP, which wasn't too bad.

    JPL was playing guitar through all this.
    Couldn't tell how good he was as there was also another person playing too.
    I imagine if JPL couldn't play guitar they wouldn't have bothered with another guitar player at all as it didn't seem necessary.
    Still,good to see another side of JPL.
    The sitting down, not dancing, trying to concentrate side.
    "That's Numberwang!"

  5. #5
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485
    Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan
    I was really disappointed in that show!! Not at all what I was expecting. I was wondering if it was just me, but apparently not- I guess you heard & saw the same mess I did Fluff. *shaking head*
    Idid BoBoFan.
    I think it's a shame really.
    They just looked so unprofessional and acted as bad during the question and answer session that followed.
    Most of them look somewhat bewildered too, as though the choreography goes right out of their heads once they see the crowd.
    "That's Numberwang!"

  6. #6
    eny
    eny is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    10,476
    It showed about 15 minutes of build up on how much they had rehearsed and practiced , then they all showed up on stage looking very un rehearsed and shaky. The singing was horrid. JPL should not be wearing those pants - he looked fat fat fat. They should have cut the tape , as I can't imagine it being any good for the ticket sales.

    George was very cute and the highlight of the broadcast as he seemed quite natural with the microphone and interview- not so much the singing. Just awful.

  7. #7
    Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,297
    You guys probably know that I'm not as critical as most, but I do have to agree with you about what they showed this afternoon. It was a mess.

    - Camille was even more unintelligible than she was on the show.

    - Jenny did this weird, weird stomping/dancing think in a strange moomoo (sp?) shirt. It looked like she was on the verge of popping out a child right there on the stage.

    - Not liking the black haired look at all for Amy. Personality still shines through, though.

    - JS still can't dance, but he seems to be trying harder, which is making it look even more awkward.

    - JPL looks more hobbit-like than ever. It's probably because he's standing right next to people who are so much taller than him.

    - And there was more than one moment that made me cringe: the whole forced George Jennifer think with the "kiss! kiss!" chant, the amy hair falling out is not sexy joke.

    But in all fairness, I've hated the medleys and accompanying choreography in all three seasons of the show. This is just more of the same Brady Bunch variety hour drivel. And the skewed male-female ratio probably makes it hard for them to fit together.

    That said, I still think that the individual performances and duets will be worth the price of admission. But the medleys, ick.

  8. #8
    Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,297
    Quote Originally Posted by eny
    JPL should not be wearing those pants - he looked fat fat fat. .
    And Tasia, whew. She tore it up, but we got to see her plumber's crack more than once.

  9. #9
    FORT Fanatic luvcures1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chicago, the home of Barack Obama!
    Age
    39
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by BobDobolina
    You guys probably know that I'm not as critical as most, but I do have to agree with you about what they showed this afternoon. It was a mess.

    - Camille was even more unintelligible than she was on the show.

    - Jenny did this weird, weird stomping/dancing think in a strange moomoo (sp?) shirt. It looked like she was on the verge of popping out a child right there on the stage.

    - Not liking the black haired look at all for Amy. Personality still shines through, though.

    - JS still can't dance, but he seems to be trying harder, which is making it look even more awkward.

    - JPL looks more hobbit-like than ever. It's probably because he's standing right next to people who are so much taller than him.

    - And there was more than one moment that made me cringe: the whole forced George Jennifer think with the "kiss! kiss!" chant, the amy hair falling out is not sexy joke.

    But in all fairness, I've hated the medleys and accompanying choreography in all three seasons of the show. This is just more of the same Brady Bunch variety hour drivel. And the skewed male-female ratio probably makes it hard for them to fit together.

    That said, I still think that the individual performances and duets will be worth the price of admission. But the medleys, ick.
    Overall I have to agree, the show wasn't that good. George Huff, WOW, I became a fan with that single song. Fantasia did good as always, and I thought the Where is the love medley was pretty good.

  10. #10
    Neutiquam erro kitschcakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    287
    Unfortunately, I have to agree. The Group Medley thing the kids have going on? Not looking so good... I liked George/Fantasia/JPL number-- it was OK.

    I'm looking forward to the Solo performances and Duets...and of course the JPL "Hey Ya" number which he seems to be pretty excited about. I know he has several acoustic numbers. So...that's cool, right?

    Yeah...but the Group Medleys need a LOT of work.

    ...still excited about going to the SLC show with the JPL clan. Should be a good time. I hope.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.