+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Idols On "On Air"

Quote Originally Posted by luvcure1
    Overall I have to agree, the show wasn't that good. George Huff, WOW, I became a fan with that single song. Fantasia did good as always, and I thought the Where is the love medley was pretty good.
    George was my favourite during the series and I thought he captured some of that impressive early form of Dock of the Bay and Lean on Me with his performance yesterday.

The medley looked no more polished than the dreadful "yellow and white' medley on finale night.
    I know this was only one performance, but I was expecting to see a more professional effort.
    Hopefully they will get to see a replay of the show many times and be able to work out the problems.
    It looks as though getting Camille in particular to do the right moves is hard work.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by BobDobolina
    And Tasia, whew. She tore it up, but we got to see her plumber's crack more than once.
    I guess I will be the lone voice in the wilderness on this, but I thought Fantasia was just awful. She screamed her way through this song & yeah yeahed when she wasn't screaming & then she screamed some more. Number 1 single, American Idol, oh woe is me.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    The medley looked no more polished than the dreadful "yellow and white' medley on finale night.
    I know this was only one performance, but I was expecting to see a more professional effort.
    Hopefully they will get to see a replay of the show many times and be able to work out the problems.
    It looks as though getting Camille in particular to do the right moves is hard work.
    Word.

Boy, if they don't get it together (magically) by Wednesday, they are going to get shredded by the critics. And I mean ALL of them will get shredded-- with possibly only Fantasia and George escaping from it somewhat unscathed.

Why do they find it necessary to have a bunch of Group Numbers when it seems they are trainwrecks waiting to happen.

They should go with what sounds good...or at least decent.

FORT Fogey
    Wow. That was REALLY bad. Jennifer was dancing like a hoochie with her boobs falling out of her dress. The Beyonce number was TERRIBLE. They couldn't sing that fast and Camille was absolutely horrendous. They couldn't conduct an interview together, that whole George Jennifer kiss thing was lame, and everyone was giggling through the entire interview! Glad I didn't buy tickets to this show!!!

I only saw a few minutes of it, including the George/Jennifer kissing thing , but the prevailing thought I had was "Someone get JS to a tanning bed pronto!"

Even though his pale skin is a surprise to no one

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    I guess I will be the lone voice in the wilderness on this, but I thought Fantasia was just awful. She screamed her way through this song & yeah yeahed when she wasn't screaming & then she screamed some more. Number 1 single, American Idol, oh woe is me.

You're not alone, razor, Fantasia didn't impress me either.
    I don't know whether she just naturally sings in that scratchy, almost screechy manor, but if it is an affectation I don't know whether she'll be able to keep that up for the whole tour.
    If this season's schedule is anything like last years, she could be using her off days to work on recording her album, that doesn't leave a lot of time to rest the voice.

After watching the show the other day I'm sensing the tour could be a bit of a disaster, although I hope I'm wrong.
    There seemed to be an annoying air of over-confidence from some of the kids, yet they don't really appear to be able to back it up with ability, not in the group numbers at least, where they all seem to be dragged down to the level of the worst performer.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by kitschcakes
    Word.

Boy, if they don't get it together (magically) by Wednesday, they are going to get shredded by the critics. And I mean ALL of them will get shredded-- with possibly only Fantasia and George escaping from it somewhat unscathed.

Why do they find it necessary to have a bunch of Group Numbers when it seems they are trainwrecks waiting to happen.

I guess maybe I have to give the benefit of the doubt & say that hopefully they sounded so bad due to the accoustics of the area where they performed. Surrounded by glass & cement can't be any easy way for the sound crew to get it right. Maybe they sounded OK if you were there but it just didn't translate to the TV. It will be interesting to read the reports back from the folks who attend & see what they have to say. I think actually Diana & Amy have the bigger chance to shine here. I thought Camille looked & sounded intimidated, Jennifer looked just plain scary, JS & JPL didn't have much of a chance to impress one way or the other, & Georges song just didn't do it. To contrived or somehing. I just couldn't put my finger on it. LaToya was AWOL as was Jasmine. As I said before, Fantasia screemed & I don't believe she will be able to withstand the rigors of night after night without doing some sort of damage to her voice.

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    They did seem to have trouble dealing with the shape of the stage with the catwalk and all. It seemed like they were running around each other trying to get where they were supposed to be.

As for Fantasia's voice, the voice coach who wrote that Vocal Master's column did make several commments that Tasia needs to learn some techniques to help preserve her voice over time. I hope she picks up on it, because the tour schedule seems gruelling.

Quote Originally Posted by kitschcakes
    Word.

I couldn't have said it better myself kitschcakes

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdobolina
    And Tasia, whew. She tore it up, but we got to see her plumber's crack more than once.
    Oh Lord Bobdob I thought I was seeing things, but now after your quote I know that what I saw was real.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12