+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 7/1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by HomerRules
    She was asking her daughter what to say next week.
    Thanks, I needed that. (pst. Happy Canada Day)

to happyblue too. Perhaps Zach could get physical... that might spice up the show a little.

Am fairly pleased about who made it through tonight...but where are all the women? The only gal to make it through so far who really impressed me was Theresa. (Unless Brandy improves soon, she probably won't make it far.) Mind you it that might make summertime in the house a whole lot of fun for Theresa... . Will be interesting to see who gets through next week.

Yay!! I'm so glad Jacob and Theresa made it through!
    I tried to vote for them all night, but kept getting "All Circuits Are Busy...." Didn't get one vote in!

FORT Fogey
    Argh, everyone seems to love Jacob, i just don't "get" him. He's not my style AT ALL. He's like JPL on speed, and i despised JPL.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    So where was her Sexellency tonight, anyway?

I think they said she was performing at a Canada Day Celebration somewhere in the Maritimes. I may not have the loation right, but it was definitely a Canada Day gig keeping her away.

Quote Originally Posted by Siso
    Argh, everyone seems to love Jacob, i just don't "get" him. He's not my style AT ALL. He's like JPL on speed, and i despised JPL.
    Yup, both are goofballs. I don't mind Jacob's wildboy antics, yet. He can sing decently. He picks the right songs. He's a natural performer. JPL was none of these things.

Well, the results were no surprise at all to me although I thought that Jerrica MIGHT have been in the top 3 but knew that she wouldn't be advancing beyond that. I really enjoy Jacob's style of singing and his voice but I think he tries too hard to be the crazy guy he is. I just get the feeling that he's putting on an act - especially when he first performed and then he hopped behind the couch. I found that to be pretty obnoxious personally. Strategy wise it's either going to help him as he'll totally stand out even more than he already does or hurt him in the fact that people might get annoyed with him but so far it seems to be working. Don't get me wrong, when he's singing, I'm all for his antics as good performers give good performances but otherwise, I just wish he'd cool it.

Anyway, I'm satisfied with who went through tonight as I think the most deserving did although in all honesty, I'm not really liking either of their personalities so far. Like I said, I get the feeling that Jacob is putting on an act of sorts (although I'm sure his real personality is somewhat like that as it's hard to totally fake who you are) and I also get the feeling that Theresa is purposely being OVERLY nice (although I am sure she probably IS a nice person). It just doesn't seem all that genuine with either of them to me personally and I think they're both pushing it kind of far.

Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by happyblue
    You mean Zack? Personally, I find whenever Ben speaks irritating. I think Zack should go even further with the bullying.
    Yes, of course I meant Zack, thank you happyblue. Too much Canada Day celebrating.

Happy Canada Day to you too touque!
    Last edited by Jay; 07-02-2004 at 08:45 AM.

I was thrilled to see that Theresa did so well on Wednesday night because she's the only person who I really remembered from the auditions. And Jacob is a goofball and I do like his voice. I just hope that his goofiness doesn't get too old, too quick. He needs, at some point, to show that he also has a serious side.
    Darn Kangaroos!! I am le tired.

Jay
    Did anyone notice when the end credits started to roll before the announcement of whether Jacob or Bernard was the next to advance? I thought I had fallen asleep for a few minutes and missed the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Siso
    I don't get it either. I would have placed him near the bottom of the Group 3 contestants. He's not funny, can't sing & what is on his lips?

Would have much preferred Constant or Diane advancing instead of him.

I think it's already ramping up towards a Theresa/Kalan final 2 which would be great.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast