+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What songs would you like to see people perform that's yet to be sung by AI or CI?

Sarah McLachlan has a lot of great songs that would go well on the show, and keep the Canadian content up. My favorites are Silence (the song she did for Delerium) and Sweet Surrender. How about Avril Lavigne Complicated? I guess these songs are hard to put into the little 1 minute specials they have on the Idol shows.

Perhaps something by Dido (Thank You, or All you Want). And they should have a Bjork night just to throw everyone off.

If they have an oldies show I like to hear someone do "To Sir with Love" by Lulu. Maybe Brandy could do "Dream a little dream of me" by Mama Cass.

Quote Originally Posted by oxide
    Perhaps something by Dido (Thank You)
    I was thinking Kyla or Annie should've sung that.

It's kinda sad that an Avril song would sound fresh in comparison to what is sung on Idol.

Song requests for potential wildcard contestants:

Elena - Torn by Ednaswap (the original rock version of Natalie Imbruglia song)

Jessica - Your Lies by Shelby Lynne

Kyla - One (the loneliest number) by Harry Nilsson

Bernard - 10,000 Miles by Mary Chapin Carpenter

Annie - I Who Have Nothing by Shirley Bassey (preferrably the Roberta Flack version)

Diane - Long Walk by Jill Scott

Mohanza - No woman No cry by Bob Marley

Andrew - She's out of my life by Michael Jackson

More song requests for the WC:

Liz - (She'll probably end up doing a diva song. But if she wants to be a real artist...) Baby Can I Hold You by Tracy Chapman

Andrew - (Maybe Stevie and MJ are too obvious. How about some CanCon?) Don't You Forget It by Glenn Lewis

Jason - (Needs to rock out with one of his bar songs.) Poor, Poor Pitiful Me by Warren Zevon

Raj - (Needs to sing something other than Stevie) You Send Me by Sam Cooke

Ted - (Joe Cocker's too obvious.) I Think Its Gonna Rain Today by Randy Newman
    Last edited by happyblue; 07-12-2004 at 02:55 AM.

I'd like to hear someone do a Cowboy Junkies song....

More CanCon the better!

More Cancon would be great but would the Byrd know how to coach them on Cancon? I'll never understand why they brought up a third rate talent like Deborah Byrd from the US to inflict her on CI & Canadians? :phhht

FORT Newbie

Bond

There have been at least 20 Bond movies to date - with at least 20 different styles of music. I think the theme "Bond songs" would be a good one.

That would be a great idea for AI. I don't think it's for CI. I want to see more Canadian-related themes (not named Celine). Joni Mitchell. Leonard Cohen. Sarah McLachlan. Even Alanis. Having one night devoted to Canadian Hits is not enough.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by happyblue
    That would be a great idea for AI. I don't think it's for CI. I want to see more Canadian-related themes (not named Celine). Joni Mitchell. Leonard Cohen. Sarah McLachlan. Even Alanis. Having one night devoted to Canadian Hits is not enough.
    You're right - I agree with you. I do think the Bond songs are all good ones and provide lots of variety - but I do see it more for AI as well.

Do you think it would be reasonable to mandate that the contestants chose Canadian when making their song selections? There certainly are enough high quality Canadian songwriters/singers to drive the entire CI competiton.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast