+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GROUP FOUR - Contestant Thread

Forever Lurking!
    I find Canadian Idol to be really pushing us to vote for certain people in the top 32. I never noticed this is AI. For example: Just form watching the show I know alot about group 4 like, Brock: chicken farmer, small town boy, nice family. Jason, lost his voice and can play the guitar, arrogant. Manoah, teacher, support of her fans, was in a car accident on her way to auditions.

Do you see my point? I feel the same way about the other top 2 finalists in all the weeks except for Brandy. She didn't get as much air time as the rest of the top 2's. They are making us LOVE who they want us to love! Damn manipultating t.v!
    Reality Addicted Radio DJ!

FORT Fogey
    You can't be made to love anyone you don't want to... it's all a choice.

Unless of course you have one of those new top-secret mind-controlling televisions that are on the market now...

Forever Lurking!
    I disagree dfleming. I think that is "the catch" of reality. It is a distorted version of reality. Think back to reality shows and how "bad" guys and "good" guys are cut and chopped and molded into what the producers want us to see.
    I agree maybe LOVE was the wrong word. But how about "lean"? Does that work for you?

Also I am curious to the BLOCK BROCK campaign. DO TELL!
    Reality Addicted Radio DJ!

FORT Newbie

Go Greeley Go

I hope that Jason does well tonight.

FORT Newbie
    I hope that Jason makes it, those dimples are just too cute. I don't really like Manoah, mind you she did good last night, Brock is good, but not sure if he will go on. Shane is good, but too gospel for me.

Go Jason Go

I keep losing my keys!!!! royalcloudjumpe's Avatar
    I don't think that Jason is top 10 material. Then again if Jacob Haggard can make it through, there's no reason any one of these performers in Group 4 can't get through.

Personally I'd like to see Becky for sure and don't care who the second person is. Maybe Manoah or Brock(only if he loses the cheese)
    Alanis Morissette - So-Called Chaos GO BUY YOURS NOW!!
    Mrs. Dalloway said she'd buy the flowers herself today.
    Diana DeGarmo, she almost had it all

Jason is the best male singer in the competition. He just needs to drop the cocky attitude and start belting like no tomorrow. No more ballads. More rock, country and soul.

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    You can't be made to love anyone you don't want to... it's all a choice.
    They certainly can't make you love someone, but they can provide you with the ingredients needed for you to get attached to them. Similarly, they can hide or gloss over people to the point where there's very little chance that you will get to know and love them. It may not be the same thing as miking someone love a person, but the results are almost the same.

Quote Originally Posted by happyblue
    Jason is the best male singer in the competition. He just needs to drop the cocky attitude and start belting like no tomorrow. No more ballads. More rock, country and soul.
    I sort of agree with you. I'm not sure about best male singer because there were a lot of really good ones, but Jason is very very good and I like him. The little bit they showed last night in the bar, where he was relaxed and letting loose, showed what I think he's capable of. And his cute dimples don't hurt him at all Sure hope he makes it out of next week's show. And I'm anxious to see Bernard again - see if he can use that beautiful voice in a livelier way that will inspire more people to vote for him, although with Elena also in there, that'll split the Philipino vote which could hurt him.

Wasn’t really feeling this group as much as groups 2 and 3, but there were three I wouldn’t mind seeing more of:

Ted: Farley was right on in his critique that he’s glad this competition exists to give people like Ted a chance. I used to work in music marketing, and the label I worked for wouldn’t have blinked once in his direction. I could see him touring jazz clubs and covering old soul and blues standards. Which is a lot more than I could say for most people on these shows.

Jason: I’d be scared to take a look at this guy’s CD collection. Judging by his song choices, seems like he’s warped in ‘80s synth pop hell. But he has a nice, easy voice and could do much better in wild card if he chooses a song that isn’t so .

Manoah: I don’t know if I actually liked her voice or I just found her song choice refreshing in the midst of another night of retro compendium hell. I always thought these idol shows sorely lacked a rock chick, so glad to see she advanced.

I usually don’t feel the need to comment on the contestants I don’t like, but it struck me that Brock’s performance was the kind of crap that would’ve gotten blindly praised on AI, but gets torn apart by the CI judges. So just had to give props to Zack, Jake, and Farley for upholding the standards of this competition. I do think Jake could phrase his critiques more tactfully when he doesn’t like someone...he lacks Zack’s wit, so he has to be direct, which comes off pretty brutal sometimes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast