+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GROUP ONE - Contestant Thread

GROUP ONE - Contestant Thread

Note: Once we're down to the Top 10, we will have individual contestant threads. In the meantime, keep contestant discussion in the applicable group thread

Group 1

Brandy Callahan

Hometown: Halifax, NS

Audition city: Toronto

Andrae Ennis

Hometown: Toronto, ON

Annie Lefebvre

Hometown: Gatineau, QC

Audition city: Montreal

Anabelle Lumayag

Hometown: Vancouver, BC

Audition city: Vancouver

Jessica Mitchell

Hometown: London, ON

Raj Ramawad

Hometown: Brampton, ON

Kyla Sandulak

Hometown: Edmonton, AB

Audition city: Edmonton

Joshua Seller

Hometown: Brigden, ON

Last edited by Miss Filangi; 06-17-2004 at 03:09 PM.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I thought group one was kind of disappointing all in all.

I was expecting more from Brandy and Andrae turned in a very belowpar performance.

Raj was my favourite before the show started and I think he did pretty well.
    He was my top choice for last night,followed by Jessica who I was pleasantly surprised by.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    Dissapointing group, especially from Brandy, I was expecting an amazing performance, but I of course, was let down.

Who should advance Raj and Jessica, third I would say Anabelle.

I agree that Raj & Jessica had the best performances. The only one who did really badly was Andrae, though he does sing much better than he showed last night. I would like to see Raj & Jessica go through but wouldn't be too upset if Brandy, Annie or Annabelle got spots.

Well, i just moved here to Canada, I know live in Ontario and i watched since the begining of the season. I must say i loved Brandy @ the begining and i still do. Her performence wasn't the greatest but shes still my overall fave. I now limit myself to 200 votes a night, i know... im pathetic. Anyways, i gave 10 to Jessica, 10 to Annabelle and 180 to Brandy. I don't think it will be enough to save her but... i tryed.

xSKATExORxCRYx
    Jessica was totally robbed.

And by two fairly poor performances, but two people who got far more screentime during the audition process.

Joshua *totally* got by on jacuzzi-playin-screentime.

Jessica: Robbed.

Quote Originally Posted by stEEvEEdEE
    Jessica was totally robbed.

And by two fairly poor performances, but two people who got far more screentime during the audition process.

Joshua *totally* got by on jacuzzi-playin-screentime.

Jessica: Robbed.
    I couldn't agree more. I have mentioned this in another post but your sentiments are exactly like mine as far as Josh and Jessica goes. I do think Josh has great talent but he simply should not have been allowed to go on and he certainly wasn't #1! Jessica was da bomb last night. Here's hoping Canada sees this and votes her in through the wildcard. On another note, Kyla was decent too. I really like her voice and she was on when it counted. Let's hope this doesn't turn into a Canadian version of AI3 as far as voting goes.
    Be good to yourself. There are a lot of people out there that won't be.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinger1971
    I couldn't agree more. I have mentioned this in another post but your sentiments are exactly like mine as far as Josh and Jessica goes. I do think Josh has great talent but he simply should not have been allowed to go on and he certainly wasn't #1! Jessica was da bomb last night. Here's hoping Canada sees this and votes her in through the wildcard. On another note, Kyla was decent too. I really like her voice and she was on when it counted. Let's hope this doesn't turn into a Canadian version of AI3 as far as voting goes.

Jessica was only "da bomb" if you like that kind of music. I don't - not at all (isn't it nice we live in a country that allows us to be exposed to such diversity of styles and express our own preferences?). Seriously though, Jessica has such a nasal sound - she could benefit from a good vocal coach or she'll likely damage her voice before too long.

Josh could also benefit from some vocal coaching, but I think he has a much better instrument to start out with. Quite honestly, if he had had no face time prior to last Wednesday I still would have voted for him because I love his voice. I don't think it's fair to assume that people voted for him because there was a shot of him in the hot tub - if anything that was a turn-off to me as they seemed to be setting him up to be a playboy type. From reading the London Free Press article about him and Jessica he doesn't strike me to be that type. Apparently alot of his singing experience has come from singing in church and in churches which are not the gospel soul variety, you tend to get a purer tone with less of the melisma that so many diva wannabe's add to their singing.

FORT Fogey
    Disappointed with the two that were chosen, I think Brandy has potential, but I just don't think Josh is that great.

Raj, Jessica, and Anabelle, hopefully will be chosen for wildcard.

I keep losing my keys!!!! royalcloudjumpe's Avatar
    It's a shame Josh got through.....based on his performance. Hopefully he gets better. I don't think that Brandy should have got through on her performance either.

I'm with all the people that are saying Jessica was robbed....because she was. I guess I should have voted for her more!

I think that Kayla should haven't been in the top 2 spot...she was amazing on God Bless The Child.....mind you not as amazing as Jenny Gear was
    Alanis Morissette - So-Called Chaos GO BUY YOURS NOW!!
    Mrs. Dalloway said she'd buy the flowers herself today.
    Diana DeGarmo, she almost had it all

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast