+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 6/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

OK is your sound messed up too?
    FANTASIZE!!!!!! It's better than the real thing.

I don't know who to call for!!!!
    FANTASIZE!!!!!! It's better than the real thing.

I'm surprised how dull this show feels, like flat soda pop. I liked Kayla, the tone of her voice, the reediness of it. Raj has a great voice too, but a little too falsetto for my tastes. Andrae, how did he ever make it to the top 32? Brandy picked a horrible song, and too many pauses, but she does have a very powerful voice, so,,,,mmm, I don't know who to vote for, but I'm think I'm going to go for Brandy, as I have a feeling she's going to get better and better as she gets more comfortable on stage. Annabel, had the misfortune of going first, I think the judges leave keep their opinions fairly neutral at the start, to leave room to like or dislike someone else further down. Did anyone else notice the cheesy faux fur on the set backstage, how low budget is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Siso
    Didn't have access to the computer so....

Annabelle, Josh and Kyla did nothing for me, technically good however.

Jessica, I was really feeling her performance, great song choice too, i love 'If I Ain't Got You'.

Next up Raj, should be a good one!
    I don't think we were watching/listening to the same show. Josh was anything but good technically. I happen to be in the minority when it comes to his song selection. I actually like the song but he just didn't do it tonight at all. He messed up words all over the place and was very shaky. Don't get me wrong, I love his voice. I think he has one of the best voices in the competition but he has to be able to "bring it" when it counts. I'd like to see him go on though as I think he can do it in the pressure situation. As for Jessica, she was WICKED!!!!!! She is definite top 10 material.
    Be good to yourself. There are a lot of people out there that won't be.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    I'm surprised how dull this show feels, like flat soda pop. I liked Kayla, the tone of her voice, the reediness of it. Raj has a great voice too, but a little too falsetto for my tastes. Andrae, how did he ever make it to the top 32? Brandy picked a horrible song, and too many pauses, but she does have a very powerful voice, so,,,,mmm, I don't know who to vote for, but I'm think I'm going to go for Brandy, as I have a feeling she's going to get better and better as she gets more comfortable on stage. Annabel, had the misfortune of going first, I think the judges leave keep their opinions fairly neutral at the start, to leave room to like or dislike someone else further down. Did anyone else notice the cheesy faux fur on the set backstage, how low budget is this?
    Overall, I was rather impressed with the singing talent we have in the top 32 this year. With the exception of Andrae, all the singers were in tune, pitch and no one sang over the top. That's saying more than A.I. Andrae could have made top 5 there... :rolleyes
    I liked Joshua and Annie, and still do. I don't "get" Raj but can agree that Jessica was great.

Jay
    I'm a little surprised they brought in Debra Byrd as the vocal coach. They couldn't find a qualified Canadian?

I liked Kyla and Jessica. Brandy was the biggest disappointment. Joshua could have and should have done well but didn't. Andrae didn't make the top 32 last year and he shouldn't have this year. I'm undecided about Raj. Anabelle was OK. Annie was a little emotionless.

Top - Kyla, Jessica
    Middle - Anabelle, Raj, Annie
    Bottom - Andrae, Brandy, Joshua

I shouldn't comment, I only caught the last half and haven't watched the first yet, but from what I saw Raj was the only worthy one. I was very disappointed with Andrae and Brandy.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456