+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I thought Audrey sounded so much better than Ryan and Gary, with Billy coming in 2nd. She looked fantastic too.

xSKATExORxCRYx
    Today I fell in love with Jacob, the pierced-lip joker from BC. He is going to make this competition interesting!

Here's my prediction - - Brock (I think that's his name) the farm kid will end up in the top 10 (maybe even the top 5) not because he's any better a singer than the others, but because he's the type of odd-looking geeky kid that (a) lots of rabid, fanatical fans will identify with and vote hundreds of times for no matter what kind of performance he gives, and (b) CTV loves to profile and promote because they feel that 'odd-looking and geeky' are qualities that true Canadians should have (like Jenny Gear). But that's just my opinion and my prediction. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I don't think I will be...

Quote Originally Posted by misterhyper
    Here's my prediction - - Brock (I think that's his name) the farm kid will end up in the top 10 (maybe even the top 5) not because he's any better a singer than the others, but because he's the type of odd-looking geeky kid that (a) lots of rabid, fanatical fans will identify with and vote hundreds of times for no matter what kind of performance he gives, and (b) CTV loves to profile and promote because they feel that 'odd-looking and geeky' are qualities that true Canadians should have (like Jenny Gear). But that's just my opinion and my prediction. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I don't think I will be...
    Well, I have to agree but I don't think CTV is actively promoting "Odd looking geeks". I think Canadians, in general, like to root for the underdogs and odd looking geeks fit that bill nicely in the entertainment industry for sure. Personally, I'd love to see Brandy go all the way from what I have seen of her so far. She has a voice like none other in this competition and the music industry has a habit of overlooking people that don't fit society's standard of what people should look like. I think she is fantastic and this competition could be her ticket. My two cents.
    Last edited by Dinger1971; 06-11-2004 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Spelling error
    Be good to yourself. There are a lot of people out there that won't be.

Jay
    I'm glad some of my favorites are in (Kyla, Theresa, Brandy, Mohanza and Jermaine).
    Was Kyla singing "I Will Remember You"? I absolutely love that song.

FORT Fogey
    Thanks for the info, silverstar and the list too, Siso.
    I am happy that Annie, Kalan, and Theresa and roomie Diane are still in there.
    I'm not "getting" Kyla but maybe that will change.

I am completely on board with the judges' choices for the final 32 with the sole exception of Kaleb. Yes, he has an interesting and unique sound, but he is devoid of any personality and looked pathetic during the duets.

I have high hopes for Theresa...beautiful voice, and there is a swan underneath that Nana Mousourki look, I know it.

I still have a Mrs. Robinson crush on Kalan (besides absolutely loving his voice) - the poor thing is almost painfully shy and nervous, though - I hope he finds some confidence, and quickly.

VERY pleased Annie is still in, as well, and Andrea. Well, really, this is an awesome top 32 completely blows away the bunch from last year, and from AI3.

Now, is it me...or if you gave Jake a wide tie and a loud jacket, would he be a dead ringer for Don Cherry, or what? Just sayin'.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Alright, next week I should be able to remember some names! Well, other than Joshua. Did his little blonde friend make it? And it'll be interesting to see who Sass drools over this year! She was positively disgusting drooling over Gary Beals last year. The talent does seem to be big this year, but so many times the pressure, the lack of sleep, the voice strain, etc. gets to some of the kids and what we thought was wonderful at first can quickly go downhill. It must be so hard for them. And I could just cry for the kids who stand up there and completely lose their words, how awful for them.
    Darn Kangaroos!! I am le tired.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    I am completely on board with the judges' choices for the final 32 with the sole exception of Kaleb. Yes, he has an interesting and unique sound, but he is devoid of any personality and looked pathetic during the duets.

I have high hopes for Theresa...beautiful voice, and there is a swan underneath that Nana Mousourki look, I know it.

I still have a Mrs. Robinson crush on Kalan (besides absolutely loving his voice) - the poor thing is almost painfully shy and nervous, though - I hope he finds some confidence, and quickly.
    Completely agree about Kaleb. He looked like he was half- . Over-rated, I think.

I like Theresa too. She's very quirky, so even if they "swan" her, she'll still have a unique personality.

I love the shyness trait in Kalan... not a hint of cockiness there.
    Appears as though we agree on just about everthing AJane Robinson.

Touque Robinson.

What's the deal with ...

(rant)
    What was up with Ryan Malcolm's hair???!!?
    Is that actually a "desirable look"? At least the AI winners (and Clay) present themselves better when appearing on stage. I have to remind myself that Malcolm was the WINNER last year, yet I thought Audrey, Gary & Billy looked more like singing sensations whereas Ryan could've been some guy hanging around the back of the theatre and snuck his way onto the stage. He really needs better wardrobe ... and whoever is advising him about his hair needs to leave him alone. Put a feathery chicken costume on him and just his hairdo looked like the comb on the chicken's head. Too distracting. The spiky thing last year was bad enough, but this was just plain ridiculous.
    (/rant)

And Zach (and the other judges) ... I give him credit for not crying this year, and I like him, but why does he say things like "I'm sorry but you're all staying", or "Do you want the good news or the bad news first? Bad news? Okay, the bad news is that ... you're all staying!" He is the WORST at trying to add suspense or misdirection to the good news the contestants are anxious to hear. At least Sass was better when she did something like "You're all going .... (awwww!) ... to stick around!" (yay!!) Jake did something very similar. I dunno, but this is such a cheesy thing all the reality show judges and/or hosts try to do and they are all so bad at it that it's hilarious.

The names of the judges are even funny. Where else but on a farm would you find four people with names like Farley, Jake, Zach & Sass?

Don't get me wrong --- I like the CI judges MUCH better than the AI judges who appear to be all ego and not much substance.
    Last edited by getreal; 06-11-2004 at 01:53 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast