+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 6/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Regular
    Was Annie (I think that was her name - "Smile" girl from Montreal) there? I was watching for her but didn't see her.

Hey. First time watching Canadian Idol this year... I recognized a couple of faces from Popstars... I found that kinda wierd. There was Bernard and TJ and two other girls I think. I was sad that TJ got cut. She was wicked in Popstars and very pretty and funky too. They didn't even show her singing either. There are a lot of talented people it seems. Should be a tough choice. Glad I am not the only one watching, ha ha.

Again, I can't remember any names, but I was glad to see some of the faces that stayed! There seems to be some great talent out there, but no Billy so far!!!! Okay okay, sorry, I'll quit about Billy .... not yet though!!

And yes, I thought the same thing about Alan and Josh .... ladykillers!
    Darn Kangaroos!! I am le tired.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie
    Was Annie (I think that was her name - "Smile" girl from Montreal) there? I was watching for her but didn't see her.
    Annie got a close up but we never got a chance to hear her sing. She made it to the next episode!

I didn't think the group performances were as good as last years, but the individual singers are better this year. There's a lot of big voices this year. A few soft, soulful singers, which I prefer more.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by happyblue
    Annie got a close up but we never got a chance to hear her sing. She made it to the next episode!

I didn't think the group performances were as good as last years, but the individual singers are better this year. There's a lot of big voices this year. A few soft, soulful singers, which I prefer more.
    Thanks for the info about Annie, happyblue! I hope we can hear her sing tonight... I'd really like to know how her voice sounds singing something different.

Some random thoughts on the show:

Agree with Fluff about Kalan. And he really "sings" too.
    Already Joshua is overexposed... :rolleyes
    I was surprised that Willy made it through. He was one of my favourites after the auditions, but I thought he really blew it in the group number and didn't deserve to go through.
    Serge... amazing.
    My husband thinks Theresa is annoying, but I love her "growly" lower range.

FORT Newbie
    I'm glad I'm not the only one watching.

Thanks for the update on Willy - I wasn't sure if he got through. He blew the group big-time - but I wonder if he got rattled when they got off to such a bad start. That's no excuse for someone who wants to be a pro - I know - but I'm still glad he got through.

Other faves - Brandy, Theresa, Manoah. The boys haven't impressed me to the point where I remember their names - but perhaps after tonight some will stand out.

I think the show is a pretty good one - it just makes me nuts when I hear work colleagues, etc. put it down because it "lacks the razzle dazzle of AI."

I really enjoyed American Idol as well, but what I prefer about Canadian Idol is the first few shows of auditions. I prefer the way that CI shows the better singers for the most part, whereas AI focuses on the idiots that just come out to make fools of themselves. I end up changing the channel.
    Darn Kangaroos!! I am le tired.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Wow, Adam quit the competition after his buddy got sent home.
    Shame, I thought he had a good voice.
    Darn, I missed half the show last night (don't ask )
    I even missed this.... Which one was Adam? I do remember Kirk, was Adam from NF as well?

Adam and Kirk were both from the Rock...Kirk got cut, and Adam followed his buddy home

I will continue my gushing over Kalan - he is my favourite so far. What a great voice for such a kid...imagine how much better he'll get

I like Theresa as well, I'm delighted she made it through.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Thanks for the update on Willy - I wasn't sure if he got through. He blew the group big-time - but I wonder if he got rattled when they got off to such a bad start. That's no excuse for someone who wants to be a pro - I know - but I'm still glad he got through.
    Willy didn't make it through. He was cut.
    Group 2, including Brandy and Manoah is safe.
    Brandy looked about 4 feet tall and wore a black head wrap, like she was a Dutch maid. But man, she's got some diva pipes on her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast