+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: who's your favorite?

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    I liked the big short girl with the black headwrap or whatever it was who sang a Whitney song last night. Nice voice. I also liked the long haired guy from Winnipeg, he didn't know the words, but I like his deep voice, thought it was very sexy.
    I love her voice too. I think she auditioned in NS but I could be wrong. I think she could be very strong in this competition. One thing is for sure, baring a complete collapse, she is in the top 12. I also liked the blond that was from Sask. I believe. I am sorry but I am awful with names. Personally, I think that this competition is shaping up to be better than AI3. JMO though.

I like Theresa Sokryka (sp?). She's very appealing and sounds good.
    And she's cute...
    I think the Canadian final 32 is better overall then the American one.

FORT Fogey
    Dinger 1971 and oxide

(great avatar dinger )

2 early favorites that should make it to the top 10 & beyond are Theresa from Saskatoon & Kalan from Medicine Hat

Theresa seems a naturally gifted musician & singer who can do no wrong with the judges

Kalan might still be getting by on his rendition of 'House of the Rising Sun', as he blew the words bigtime in his most recent audition - still the talent is there for sure, not to mention some votes will be coming his way from teenaged girls no matter how he performs

I was enjoying Danielle from Toronto and Jason Greenley (?) from NFLD
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

xSKATExORxCRYx
    I like Jacob Hoggard from BC, even if it's because he's cute and goofy and punky and spunky, and I also love Diane Archer -- I hope she wins, to be honest.

I don't love Theresa, but I sure as heck respect her more than Jenny Gear, whom I just NEVER understood.

This is going to be a great competition!

and Jason Greenley (?) from NFLD
    Greeley!

He ROCKS!!!!
    cARRIE uNDERWOOD iS mY aMERICAN iDOL

FORT Fogey
    I like Kalan, and that music teacher from Saskatchewan.

Hello Canadian FORTers. Just finished getting caught up on the show here from the US. I must admit I was all idol-ed out after AI3 and had little interest in anything Idol, but when I saw in the recap that someone on this show sang “If I Ain’t Got You” (one of my favorite songs in recent memory), I had to check it out for myself. I must say that I am IN LOVE with your show. I am 100% on the same page with the judges as far as the talent criteria. They set the tone by looking for contestants who have true musicality, sing from the heart. Rather than the skewed criteria on AI with peripheral critiques on being pitchy, camera loves you, and having/not having the “it” factor. Also, I must say it’s great watching the show as an outsider and not getting too worked up about the results.

My two faves are Theresa and Diane. Theresa has this cool Joni Mitchell meets Norah Jones kind of vibe. I thought Diane was great from her first audition when she sang that India.Arie song. She is a true neo soul singer, which I always found to be lacking from the AI shows. In just the audition rounds, she’s already shown more of an authentic neo soul vibe than LaToya and Fantasia ever delivered. Looking forward to seeing them both perform next week.

FORT Fogey
    My faves so far after week two are Elena and Liz, Kalan is a shoe-in, so hopefully one of them will be chosen for wildcard.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast