+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 6/1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

eny
    FORT Fogey
    About three good singers , and WTF was that with the farm boy ? They must gone back and reshot the duck scenes :rolleyes. I don't know how the chick on speed got through either. Way ott. The beat box kid was great. Too bad he couldn't sing to go along with it.

Some were really really bad. Best part of the show was Dore in the fuchia skating outfit with homeboy Benny on the Rideau canal. I have to rethink Dore's part in the show.

I was pretty impressed with the show. I hope the judges meant it when they said they're going with who they could see in the top 32 and not just 'good' singers. As Fluff said, the Canadian judges are heads and tails better than the American judges.

I absolutely loved Jon Dore tonight. I know, he's a goof, but he was probably what some of those kids needed, being bored and as nervous as they were. I loved the kid that asked Jon to be his 'family' because he didn't have anyone with him. Daniel?

My favourite part of the show was the close with the montage of the parents playing along to Jann Arden's 'Good Mother'. That was almost heartbreaking.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Good Mother always makes me tear up,tonight was no exception.

John being the brother to Daniel was great.
    Daniel had a really good voice too I thought.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    I was pretty impressed with the show. I hope the judges meant it when they said they're going with who they could see in the top 32 and not just 'good' singers. As Fluff said, the Canadian judges are heads and tails better than the American judges.

I absolutely loved Jon Dore tonight. I know, he's a goof, but he was probably what some of those kids needed, being bored and as nervous as they were. I loved the kid that asked Jon to be his 'family' because he didn't have anyone with him. Daniel?
    I thought the show was pretty good too. Besides the flaky blonde, the judges seemed to pick fairly good singers and for emoting the songs too, which doesn't always seem to be a priority to the American judges.
    My early favourite is the blond curly haired guy from Brigden (Joshua, I think? please someone correct me if I'm wrong!) He seemed kinda green, but pure.
    And I also really liked the last girl they showed from Ottawa, Tanya, I think. She gave me chills and that's a rarity in auditions.

I also didn't mind Jon as much as usual. With exception to the figure skating :rolleyes ... he wasn't as goofy as usual. I was glad to see more of him and a little less of Ben. Jon's little conversation with the kid's (Daniel? You aren't the only one, Miss F... ) mother was pretty funny.

Looking forward to tomorrow night.

FORT Fogey
    Guess i'm in the minority, i thought the show was a big bore fest, maybe tommorow will pick up. Early favorite, the girl that sang the Stacie Orrico song.

I don't know why, but I love CI's judges so much more than AI's panel.

I loved my home girl Annmarie, Daniel (Jon's brother ), Serge and some others.
    I have to agree with you about the blond crazy-freak girl, she was way too hyperactive and I didn't like her voice that much.

What about that blond-haired guy who received great critics? (Was it Joshua?)

Yep, it was Joshua Sellar or Seller possibly.
    He was really good.

I think I saw as many good as bad on the show tonight.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Heh, I was all ready to watch the show, I completely forgot I had to go out tonight. I taped it though so I'll be back to post my comments after I watch it.

ETA: ok maybe not - apparently the tape was at the last 5 minutes in the VCR, and I didn't check before I rushed out.
    Last edited by makerc; 06-01-2004 at 11:34 PM.
    "Just kiss my toes and I'll be happy." - Dex

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Good Mother always makes me tear up,tonight was no exception.
    Me too ! Why isn't Jan on the show ?

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    My God, how did that flaky blond get a golden ticket?

I think she got it to make for interesting tv - no other reason!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast