+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Finalists on On Air

Don't Leave Me This Way! LendMe50Cent's Avatar
    Oh man, I had no idea Fantasia and Latoya were so funny. I also liked Matt's part of the medely. It was obvious the mikes weren't in sync, because it kept fading in and out on various parts. They also gave Latoya, Fantasia and Jennifer their own "Diva" moments.

Premium Member
    I really enjoyed the show too. I thought everyone sounded really good and JS looked nice, I liked the new 'do. I too want to know how the stinky person was on the AI2 show.

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    My guess is Charles, Rickey, or Josh. I think the girls would take care of themselves, and Ruben has been known to take care of himself... In the hygiene department. I just can't picture it being Clay.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Josh didn't go on the tour, so it's probably Charles or Rickey.

This was a really good group appearance for the AI gang, they all got along really well and had great chemistry as a group for an interview like that. I personally thought the parts of Ain't No Mountain were ok, but the end of the song was just a train wreck. I don't think they could hear each other very well and all their mic's were on different volume settings so it really turned into mush.

I can't believe I didn't get to see it. Does anyone have a link to it? I tried Ryan's "On Air" website but there were only pictures... Darn it! the show's been off for less than a week and I need a fix already!

And what was the "stink" thing about? Who said someone from AI2 stinks?

Enquiring minds need to know!
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Ryan said that during the AI2 tour, someone stunk so bad that no one wanted to be on the same bus as them.

Quote Originally Posted by scooberoo
    Loved seeing Amy, and in Ain't No Mountain High Enough she put a little twang in her voice. I gotta comment on JPL's behaviour. He said "Simon wears high heels", and when asked who you would hook up with your best friend he held up Matt's picture, and said "Matt likes boys". Real mature if you ask me. :rolleyes

JPL was a stupid goof as per imo.

His comment about Simon wearing high heels didn't even make sense as he was answering a question about popular misconceptios about the show.
    He obviously had his silly little answer pre-planned should Ryan be foolish enough to let him get a word in :rolleyes

I thought it was rather immature of Ryan to make the body odour comment.
    If the guy had a problem be a man, take him aside and tell him discreetly, he'll probably thank you for it as it apears whoever it was was not aware of the problem.
    Mentioning it on tv a year later is just stupid imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    JPL was a stupid goof as per imo.

His comment about Simon wearing high heels didn't even make sense as he was answering a question about popular misconceptios about the show.
    He obviously had his silly little answer pre-planned should Ryan be foolish enough to let him get a word in :rolleyes
    I agree. Both the gay Matt joke and the short Simon routine came off as really stupid and desperate attempt at humour and getting attention. Matt didn't seem to find it particularly amusing. And it really didn't seem smart for a short guy like JPL to make fun of somebody's height. The first thing I thought was, hey what about you! At least, Latoya called him out on interrupting her to make his pre-planned jokes. (He did sound better than usual singing, though.) But like Kitsch said, no need to take it too seriously. I'm sure he's a good kid. It's just our job to hyper-analyze around here.

As for the body odor thing, it was pretty clear to me he was referring to Reuben. He said something to the effect that "I'm not going to say who it is, but I think you can figure it out." The only obvious person is Reuben. I had a friend in college who was like that. Trust me, they already know. They just can't do much about it when it's hot and there's no AC. I agree that commenting on it on national TV was in poor taste and not very funny.
    Last edited by BobDobolina; 06-01-2004 at 10:02 PM.

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LendMe50Cent
    Oh man, I had no idea Fantasia and Latoya were so funny. I also liked Matt's part of the medely. It was obvious the mikes weren't in sync, because it kept fading in and out on various parts. They also gave Latoya, Fantasia and Jennifer their own "Diva" moments.
    Yeah, what is wrong with the outrageously bad sound crew in everything AI-related this year?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast