+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Leah and Matt not on the tour?

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by undertakeress
    While Farscape did have petitions, John is right, they didnt directly contribute to the new miniseries coming out.

As a diehard Scaper, myself and others tried to take the smart, diplomatic approach i.e. sending emails, calling Sci-Fi, sending Flowers,etc. And it didnt hurt that Matt Roush (TV Guide critic) is a fan as well..Farscape has a diehard following, and the actors and producers are very respectful and receptive of the fans...
    Yeah, I know there were a lot of factors. But I think it was a credible contributor. I don't know what you mean by it not being a "direct" contributor. I didn't mean that it was the sole contributor, or primary contributor, but it was one contributor and seems as direct as any of the other ones. I think it did what it intended. It showed the producers a large number of fans were against the cancellation. Anyway, we're probably getting more and more off-topic here.

Quote Originally Posted by undertakeress
    AI,OTOH, is a money making juggernaut. Its not out to be innovative or creative, its out to MAKE MONEY. And if by not bringing Leah (which is fine w/me) or Matt w/them and still making the same amount of money, its a smart business decision..
    True, but I think someone could just as easily argue that the percentage increase in cost is fairly small, and, given their profit margin, they could afford to pay that small increase in exchange for the good will/press they'd get for overtly catering to a request made by a sufficiently large group of fans. Given the dearth of men this year, it's feasible that Matt's inclusion could even increase sales, as bizarre as that concept may seem . I certainly don't care much for Matt or Leah, but it sounds like there are a good number who do.

p.s. check out the avatar thread in my sig for a scorpius avater you might be interested in

Quote Originally Posted by Kariann1
    I don't know if it true or not (I hope not), but I think Matt's Mom has cancer and is not doing well. Leah's voice leaves a lot to be desired.

I thought it would be nice if they could appear on the show that is near their home town, but it just isn't going to happen.
    Jeez, that's terrible. Perhaps, it's better that he spend more time at home then, though, during the On Air show, Matt did sound really disappointed that he wasn't touring. Being the sensitive guy he is, Ryan pointed out how much Matt loved the spotlight before asking him why the producers decided not to take him and Leah.

I'm glad he isn't going on tour.. he's sorta obnoxious IMO... I mean, stealing Fantasia's broken heel (from the Finale show) to sell on Ebay?! What's up with that?

Even the interviewer asked him about it on ET (I think it was), and I think Tasia was glaring daggers at him. He had that awful "ghastly" (to quote Simon) smile on his face as he said "I'm gonna make more money off that heel than I've ever made in my whole life".

In the previous rounds and Group 2, he was okay. Once he was in the Top 12, the whole thing went to his head - he just became too "in your face"ish.
    2003-2008.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tickety
    I'm glad he isn't going on tour.. he's sorta obnoxious IMO... I mean, stealing Fantasia's broken heel (from the Finale show) to sell on Ebay?! What's up with that?

Even the interviewer asked him about it on ET (I think it was), and I think Tasia was glaring daggers at him. He had that awful "ghastly" (to quote Simon) smile on his face as he said "I'm gonna make more money off that heel than I've ever made in my whole life".
    Are you serious?!

I never liked Matt's personality anyway, I think all 12 should get to go though. Not that it matters.

Yeah, it's pretty brutal. :deadhorse
    2003-2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Tickety

I don't think Tasia has once been serious since the show began. Matt and Tasia were just joking around with that heel shtick, IMO. I thought it was amusing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345