+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Leah and Matt not on the tour?

Quote Originally Posted by Kai5925
    Corey and Josh didn't go either.
    Corey didn't go for obvious reasons and Josh didn't go because of his role with the military. I think it is two different senarios.

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    Corey didn't go for obvious reasons and Josh didn't go because of his role with the military. I think it is two different senarios.
    Oh I knew that, I just thought that you didn't know. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    Shows I'm Watching: The Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Battle of the Sexes 2, Survivor: Vanuatu, The Apprentice 2, The Real World: Philidelphia

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    I don't know. Some petitions have worked in the past. Even though some of the more notable ones didn't, there are a several series that got extra seasons out because of fan petitions. Farscape supposedly got the miniseries wrap-up they're working on now because of the fan movement. And if anybody can financially afford to cater to their audience, it would be AI money-making juggernaut. They might be particularly inclined to since the concert ticket sales issue is still up in the air.

For those who didn't see On Air today, Latoya yelled out to the audience "Don't you think Matt and Leah should be going on the tour with us?" And they and the whole audience all did a loud chant/cheer of "Matt and Leah. Matt and Leah." It was amusing. Who knows? That could be a big help to your "cause". People can now reasonably ask "so a lot of hubbub has been made about..." or "apparently, the top ten all feel that..." now that the issue has been put out there in front of a national audience. If they should get signed on, they should really thank Latoya.

(personally, I don't think they had any good songs (or a chance to have any if you want to look at it that way), so their addition would add to the cheese factor for me, but I defer to people's obvious attachment towards them.)

No show has ever been saved, nor any network decisions based on, an internet petition. If you can show me one case where that has happened, I'll change my tune.

Yes, shows have been saved, and what-not, due to an outpouring of fan interest. But specifically internet petitions, not one. Ever.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bcamp393
    The biggest statement you can make is by not going to the shows.

I disagree. I don't think that would make the best statement.

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    I may be alone in this but after hearing the medly during the finals having only 10 instead of all 12 may be a blessing.

FORT Newbie
    I agree with the person who said they shouldn't have had a final 12 if they don't all get to go on tour. That said, I'd trade both Camile and Jasmine for Matt...

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    No show has ever been saved, nor any network decisions based on, an internet petition. If you can show me one case where that has happened, I'll change my tune.

Yes, shows have been saved, and what-not, due to an outpouring of fan interest. But specifically internet petitions, not one. Ever.
    I might be wrong but I thought I heard something about Star Trek Enterprise being saved because of one..or maybe it was a poll or something.

FORT Regular
    This just shows that AI cares more about making a profit than these kids' careers. Matt and Leah would have gotten great exposure on this tour which could have led to a nice little career, but that won't happen because AI wants to cut their travel costs down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillie
    I agree with the person who said they shouldn't have had a final 12 if they don't all get to go on tour. That said, I'd trade both Camile and Jasmine for Matt...

I've already bought my tickets, and while I knew all twelve wouldn't be going, it just won't be the same without Matt.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast