+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEW JUDGES? Who Would You Pick?

NEW JUDGES? Who Would You Pick?

There's been many suggestions on several threads that one or all of the judges be replaced for AI4. Who (and why) do you think would be a good person to sit at the table next season?

______________________________ __________

My personal favorite this year was Quinton Tarantino. This probably is not a popular choice, however I thought he was brutally honest and refreshingly bizarre, a combination I found very entertaining. Randy and Paula seem to resort to the same tired comments, positive and negative, for all the contestants. At least QT was different.

Possible replacements for Paula:

Whitney Houston - AI could be a much needed career boost, if she can pass the weekly urine test

Carole King - she's a respected song writer, knows the pop genre backwards and forwards, and has been in the biz forever

Courtney Love - see Whitney Houston

Carly Simon - see Carole King
    Last edited by Fixxin2; 05-31-2004 at 12:29 AM.
    Lead me not into temptation ~ I can find the way myself

Snellville... hometown of music's next big superstar.
    Gladys Night
    Michael Jackson
    Clay Aiken

I think that there would be a really good chemistry between the three.
    YDiana DeGarmo One VoiceY

She dreamed... the impossible dream. She fought the unbeatable foe.
    She's still standing better than she ever did...

This is it! This time I know it's for real.

MY AMERICAN IDOL
    Did you think this fool could never win? Look at her, she's coming back again!

wanna check you for ticks SecondBase's Avatar
    i'd personally like to see r kelly or p diddy up there. even though it'd never happen, they've worked with plenty of artists to be able to give some decent input.
    Praise seitan!

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    In honor of AI3's top 12 contestants, here are my top 12 nominations for judges, in no particular order:

1 & 2. Vitamin C and Chris Briggs. Even though, that Superstar show has turned out to be a big pile of crap, I have to admit those two judges have exactly the type of talent you need for AI. Their backgrounds indicate that they know a good deal about pop music (Briggs is a producer, and C is a pop artist), they think really well on their feet, and, most importantly, they can be hilarious. I think, with the right circumstances, either of them could even replace Simon, though that might be a little hard to sell to the public.

3. Clive Davis. He just oozed experience, authority, and, surprisingly, fairness. I don't know if he'd have the patience to endure 12 weeks of the show, though.

4 & 5: The two remaining members of TLC. They judged an episode of VH1's Diva show and were both articulate and perceptive. And they'd also look good.

6. Patti Labelle: I could imagine her getting amusingly snarky with the contestants. But I could also imagine her storming the stage to try to show them how to do it right.

7 & 8. The two of the Fame judges that both seemed fairly articulate and insightful: Carny and that radio guy (jojo?). I found both of them far more amusing than Paula and Randy, which I admit doesn't say much.

9 & 10. The Mystery Science Theater characters. Those guys can tear apart anything.

11 & 12. And, of course, the most obvious panel of all: Simon, Lobeck and John. It would be such a "beautiful disaster."

. John: "Screw America. JPL, you've been banned. Don't come back."

(sorry Lobes, with both Simon and John on the panel, looks like you'd have to be the new Paula )

I think the present judges and their chemistry are what make the show. Changing the judges is a sign that the show "has jumped the shark." The only thing I would "upgrade" is the voting system. Make it easier for us to get through to make our vote actually count. For the last few weeks of the show, I literally redialed for two hours straight and I only got through 2-3 times and one time, not even ONCE! I felt like it was such a waste of time! Overall, I like the show and what it has become.

Ultimate American Idol RubenIZMyne's Avatar
    I don't think the judges should be changed. They are half the show. Simon even said he wouldn't do the show if there were any other judges. IMHO, I think the three of them fit well together.

Having said that, I think Quincy Jones would be an awesome judge.

Quote Originally Posted by RubenIZMyne
    I don't think the judges should be changed. They are half the show. Simon even said he wouldn't do the show if there were any other judges. IMHO, I think the three of them fit well together.

Having said that, I think Quincy Jones would be an awesome judge.
    Quincy would make a great guest judge!

I wouldn't change any of them.

FORT Fan
    Madonna, Prince, P Diddy, MC Hammer

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    I gotta agree with BobDob when he said Vitamin C or Briggs from Superstar USA. They make the show bearable, and if they're lying to these contestants, I'd love to hear them in the actual American Idol situation. Plus, they can keep a straight face during the worst auditions, something Randy and Simon should learn how to do.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast