+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fantasia V Diana: The Real Battle

Ultimate American Idol RubenIZMyne's Avatar

Fantasia V Diana: The Real Battle

Fantasia and Diana are both releasing the same CD-single in June. Fantasia's will yield her rendition of "Summertime" while Diana's will yield her rendition of "Don't Cry Out Loud."

When I saw this, I was so disappointed. I couldn't help but think Clay Aiken all over again. I thought the Tamyra Gray co-written song was to be released by the winner. However, they are both releasing it, and the projected sales from Diana are expected to be far greater. Amazon.com has both singles available to pre-order, and Diana's single is ranked higher at the moment.

Believe / Dreams / Summertime
    Fantasia Barrino

List Price: $5.49
    Availability: This item will be released on June 15, 2004. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives.

Product Details

Audio CD (June 15, 2004)

Number of Discs: 1
    Label: J Records
    ASIN: B0002BSFQI
    Amazon.com Sales Rank: 6

Believe / Dreams / Don't Cry Out Loud
    Diana DeGarmo

List Price: $5.49
    Availability: This item will be released on June 22, 2004. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives.

Product Details

Audio CD (June 22, 2004)

Number of Discs: 1
    Label: Rca
    ASIN: B0002BSGO4
    Amazon.com Sales Rank: 1

If anyone on the FoRT is planning to order any of these, as John said in another thread, if you search using the Amazon box under the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the screen, a small portion of the sale will go to the FoRT site.

I don't think Diana is releasing I Believe or Dreams. I think they will be replaced by 2 other tracks, but it just hasn't been decided yet.

I wanted my favorite to win, but now that the show is over, does it really matter who sells more CDs?

There is plenty of room for these two talented ladies to triumph. They both have achieved Fame, and are on their way to Fortune. I'm happy for both.

Congrats to Fantasia and Diana.

More power to Diana!

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm not understanding the big deal here.

The goal of the show is for money to be made (on advertising and CD sales). If they want to capitalize on that, then there's no reason both finalists shouldn't release their CDs at the same time.

If Diana sells more (which I suspect she will), good for her.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Fan
    This doesn't necessarily mean anything, though it may be slightly indicative of sales in the future. Amazon's customers appear to primarily purchase adult contemporary-type music (Diana does have some of this in her) while only the most popular R&B/hip hop albums chart (Fantasia falls more in this category). Just compare it to actual Billboard sales charts and you'll notice that they are not that similar.

Anyway, though I'd like to see Diana outsell Fantasia just because well she was my favorite , I'd just like to see Diana's single sell enough so she secures a record deal - I think 19 Entertainment is releasing this single to gauge interest in Diana by the music-buying public, and if it does well they likely will sign her. If the single does poorly, then she will probably go the way of Justin Guarini. That's just the vibe I'm getting, slightly confirmed by Diana's response to the question on Larry King last night, she kinda made it seem like they're still trying to figure out what to do with her. Expecting Clay-like sales figures from Diana is a bit much, but as long as she sells enough so she can be legitimately mentioned in the same breath as Kelly/Ruben/Clay then I'll be happy.

Does this one single really declare who will have the longest, best career ahead of them? I dont think it does - so why should this be made such a big deal? Fantasia has already proven that she is the best and is The Idol - like with Ruben - thats all that matters to me.
    Mario Vazquez - Still My American Idol

Snellville... hometown of music's next big superstar.
    Quote Originally Posted by haerpino
    This doesn't necessarily mean anything, though it may be slightly indicative of sales in the future. Amazon's customers appear to primarily purchase adult contemporary-type music (Diana does have some of this in her) while only the most popular R&B/hip hop albums chart (Fantasia falls more in this category). Just compare it to actual Billboard sales charts and you'll notice that they are not that similar.

Anyway, though I'd like to see Diana outsell Fantasia just because well she was my favorite , I'd just like to see Diana's single sell enough so she secures a record deal - I think 19 Entertainment is releasing this single to gauge interest in Diana by the music-buying public, and if it does well they likely will sign her. If the single does poorly, then she will probably go the way of Justin Guarini. That's just the vibe I'm getting, slightly confirmed by Diana's response to the question on Larry King last night, she kinda made it seem like they're still trying to figure out what to do with her. Expecting Clay-like sales figures from Diana is a bit much, but as long as she sells enough so she can be legitimately mentioned in the same breath as Kelly/Ruben/Clay then I'll be happy.
    She has been signed by RCA though according to the Amazon page and the fact that her appearances are listed on the RCA website. I don't think she will have any problem whatsoever putting out an album IF it is even in question still. Her response on Larry King last night did confuse me, but I think she might not have known for sure everything or if she was allowed to talk about it yet.

Anyways... Go Diana!!
    YDiana DeGarmo One VoiceY

She dreamed... the impossible dream. She fought the unbeatable foe.
    She's still standing better than she ever did...

This is it! This time I know it's for real.

MY AMERICAN IDOL
    Did you think this fool could never win? Look at her, she's coming back again!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by RubenIZMyne
    I thought the Tamyra Gray co-written song was to be released by the winner. However, they are both releasing it, and the projected sales from Diana are expected to be far greater
    Yeah, I thought the winner gets the single as well. I was never (and still not) a fan of Fantasia's voice, but she did win fair and square based on public vote and deserves her reward. I think she got short-changed.

Snellville... hometown of music's next big superstar.
    Quote Originally Posted by TvFan05
    Yeah, I thought the winner gets the single as well. I was never (and still not) a fan of Fantasia's voice, but she did win fair and square based on public vote and deserves her reward. I think she got short-changed.
    She got a car (though she can't drive it) and a necklace from Paula.
    YDiana DeGarmo One VoiceY

She dreamed... the impossible dream. She fought the unbeatable foe.
    She's still standing better than she ever did...

This is it! This time I know it's for real.

MY AMERICAN IDOL
    Did you think this fool could never win? Look at her, she's coming back again!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast