+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fantasia V Diana: The Real Battle

I think it's rather weird to have Kelly and Clay on the same company which is different from Ruben's... the one K & C are on is bigger than J Records, too. Either way, they still churn out records, so, I'm not complaining.
    2003-2008.

FORT Newbie
    I think the reason for both girls releasing both songs is they sing them totally different, and are focused towards different markets. Let's face it... to get the best bang for the buck... Fantasia will really primarily get just the R&B, soul, gospel groups.... where as Diana will be more the top-40, pop, contemp groups..... same as with Clay/Ruben..... RCA is a better fit for Diana, and J is better fit for Fantasia. I mean, I hear Clay, Kelly, K-Lo all the time on the radio.. but I've never heard Ruben. They even played Diana singing "I believe" from the finals night yesterday, and people were calling in like crazy to hear it again!!

Bottom line... there is a difference in having a fan base who is willing to vote fanatically for free.... and having a fan base willing to spend $$ on you!! That's when you REALLY see who your true fans are! I'm sure Diana will have true blue fans.... maybe not as many as Clay... let's face it.. he is a one of a kind... but she will be successful non the less. I'm sure Fantasia will be successful as well.. she's talented, and funny, and 10x as much personality then Ruben.... IMO, that's been his downfall all along.... doesn't make a good host, deffinately not a good guest on a show either. I think Fantasia will outsell Ruben...and be more successful as well.

JMO....

Quote Originally Posted by P700Rider
    Fantasia will really primarily get just the R&B, soul, gospel groups.... where as Diana will be more the top-40, pop, contemp groups..... same as with Clay/Ruben.....
    I sincerely hope they do not box Fantasia into that genre, because as we've seen throughout the competition, Fantasia can sing ANY type of song--from country, to Big Band, to rock and roll. Diana did not demonstrate that flexibility at any time.

Fantasia's single is now at #4 while Diana's is at #14

wanna check you for ticks SecondBase's Avatar
    way to go fantasia! i still have to pick that single up
    Praise seitan!

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LalahLand
    I sincerely hope they do not box Fantasia into that genre, because as we've seen throughout the competition, Fantasia can sing ANY type of song--from country, to Big Band, to rock and roll. Diana did not demonstrate that flexibility at any time.
    Huh? Country, big band and Disco were some of Diana's strongest nights, even by Simon's stingy standards of praise. :rolleyes I think Tasia, Diana and Latoya all showed an amazing amount of versatility.

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    Fantasia's single is now at #4 while Diana's is at #14

Today Fantasia is # 9 & Diana is # 24...... I bought 5 Fantasia singles yesterday!!

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan
    I bought 5 Fantasia singles yesterday!!
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    Why?
    Because Target & Wal-Mart no longer sell "Singles" & I knew so many people that want this single & instead of them going online/opening an account with whoever- I offered to get the single for them- Wow, I've already had 6 more calls today, so I guess I have to order more! They give me the money & I get their CD- Cool or what?

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan
    Because Target & Wal-Mart no longer sell "Singles" & I knew so many people that want this single & instead of them going online/opening an account with whoever- I offered to get the single for them- Wow, I've already had 6 more calls today, so I guess I have to order more! They give me the money & I get their CD- Cool or what?
    Haha. I thought you just wanted 5 CDs lying around. It's nice you are spreading some Fantasia love.

I cannot wait to see the final results when both of their singles are released.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast