+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43

Thread: Fantasia V Diana: The Real Battle

  1. #11
    TaLiE <3's YoU! TaLiE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    CaLifORnIa
    Age
    23
    Posts
    82
    TvFan I'm a fan of Fantasia ((and jas)) and she definatley got short-changed... If anything they should let her have I Believe and Diana have Dreams... Not let Diana have both... that's not fair at all... I'm sorry but it's nothing like Clay/Ruben thing... Clay and Ruben both had two different songs...On the other hand Fantasia's song has to be shared with Diana that's just like a runner winning a race and having to cut the gold medal in have with the second placed winner... it just doesn't make since! I was in shock!
    -:|:-Has Anyone Ever Noticed That Ryan Is Like Umm... Hott? -:|:-
    FaNtAsIa... oH fOuR IdOl!
    |**M**| (**U**) /**A**\ |**H**|

  2. #12
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Roseville, CA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    677
    They both vyed for that recording contract. Diana is eventually signed, so what more can she ask for? RCA is a HUGE deal, too...

    I wasn't too down for the Tamyra written songs, but I'm glad Fantasia is releasing "Summertime". I could listen to it over and over.

  3. #13
    Ultimate American Idol RubenIZMyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Nassau, Bahamas
    Posts
    848
    Quote Originally Posted by TaLie
    I'm sorry but it's nothing like Clay/Ruben thing... Clay and Ruben both had two different songs...
    It's a lot like the Ruben/Clay controversy. They didn't have to sing the same songs, but Ruben won the competition, yet Clay was signed and had a CD out months before Ruben did. In both cases the true "Idol" is being upstaged.

    Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    Yeah, I'm not understanding the big deal here.

    The goal of the show is for money to be made (on advertising and CD sales). If they want to capitalize on that, then there's no reason both finalists shouldn't release their CDs at the same time.
    The big deal is that Fantasia is the winner, and the single was supposed to be released by the winner. The fact that their singles are coming out at the same time is not the issue, but what is at issue is Diana is releasing the winner's single. They might as well make a copy of the keys to the car Fantasia won and she and Diana can take turns.

  4. #14
    a star is born Katelyn&Carmen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Snellville... hometown of music's next big superstar.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    647
    Quote Originally Posted by RubenIZMyne
    They might as well make a copy of the keys to the car Fantasia won and she and Diana can take turns.


    Well, Diana's does come out a week later...
    YDiana DeGarmo One VoiceY

    She dreamed... the impossible dream. She fought the unbeatable foe.
    She's still standing better than she ever did...


    This is it! This time I know it's for real.

    MY AMERICAN IDOL
    Did you think this fool could never win? Look at her, she's coming back again!

  5. #15
    FORT Fogey Tigerusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,438
    I personally think they came to the FORT and read my former signature lamenting that Diana wasn't going to be releasing "I Believe". After that they decided to do something to stop my whining.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

  6. #16
    Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,297
    While they're at it, I think they should let Latoya, Jenny and George all release those same two songs on the same day as well. Then we'll have something interesting to talk about.

    But, seriously I don't see what the big deal is. I'd put money that Fantasia is happy for Diana and the fact that she also gets to release those singles. If she can be, perhaps, her fans can too. I know I am. At the end of the day, they were both on a TV show, they both did really well, and they both have a lot of fans. I wouldn't take this whole "idol title" or "deserving" thing too seriously. If they both make good music in the future, they'll both do well. The music pie is a lot bigger than the American Idol title. There's enough slices for both of them (and Jenny, Latoya and George too ).

  7. #17
    FORT Fogey Kariann1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,076
    > If the single does poorly, then she will probably go the way of Justin Guarini.

    I think if Justin had been a better singer, we would see more of him. I hope Diana WILL make guest appearances on next year's AI.

    We can't blame Diana for the release of the record. I am sure Fantasia's sales will be high.

  8. #18
    FORT Regular kit_kat90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    60
    Yea I dont think there is a huge problem letting her have the single also.Im sure Fantasia doesn't mind because Fantasia is a nice girl.I think the record labels want to see competition and by them doing the same song it will show who is more popular.And even if Diana sells more than Fantasia,Fantasia is still the American Idol and nothing is going to change that.
    Congrats To Fantasia!The New American Idol!

  9. #19
    FORT Fogey Tigerusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,438
    Quote Originally Posted by BobDobolina
    While they're at it, I think they should let Latoya, Jenny and George all release those same two songs on the same day as well. Then we'll have something interesting to talk about.

    But, seriously I don't see what the big deal is. I'd put money that Fantasia is happy for Diana and the fact that she also gets to release those singles. If she can be, perhaps, her fans can too. I know I am. At the end of the day, they were both on a TV show, they both did really well, and they both have a lot of fans. I wouldn't take this whole "idol title" or "deserving" thing too seriously. If they both make good music in the future, they'll both do well. The music pie is a lot bigger than the American Idol title. There's enough slices for both of them (and Jenny, Latoya and George too ).
    Amen Brother
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

  10. #20
    FORT Regular theoslady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katelyn&Carmen
    She got a car (though she can't drive it)
    She can drive it if she takes it back NC. She can drive on those little country roads and up and down her parents' street. I used to do it all the time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.