+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8 Of The Finalists On Hand To Perform "National Anthem" @ The Coca-Cola 600

8 Of The Finalists On Hand To Perform "National Anthem" @ The Coca-Cola 600

8 of the Finalists will be on hand Sunday; May 30th (5:00 pm est on Fox) to perform the National Anthem at the Coca-Cola 600 in Charlotte (No Fantasia or Diana They must be too busy which I can understand) Charlotte is close to both Fantasia's hometown & Diana's (2 hrs. from each- Charlotte is right in the middle basically.) Oh well, I guess that's showbiz

http://www.nascar.com/2004/news/head...1/coke_anthem/

'American Idol' finalists to sign anthem for 600
    From Track Press Release May 21, 2004
    3:32 PM EDT (1932 GMT)

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Coca-Cola is again bringing stars from the hit show "American Idol" to perform in front of roughly 200,000 NASCAR fans at the 20th running of the Coca-Cola 600 at Lowe's Motor Speedway.

Eight of the 10 finalists from the current "American Idol" series will be on hand to perform the national anthem on Sunday, May 30 at Lowe's Motor Speedway in Concord, N.C. In addition, the eight American Idols also will be at the Coca-Cola stage at Food Lion Speed Street at 8:30 p.m. on Saturday, May 29.

The American Idol finalists will include: La Toya London, Oakland, Calif.; Jasmine Trias, Mililani, HI.; John Stevens, East Amherst, N.Y.; George Huff, New Orleans, La.; Jennifer Hudson, Chicago, Ill.; Jon Peter Lewis, Rexburg, ID.; Camile Velasco, Haiku, Maui, HI.; and Amy Adams, Bakersfield, Calif.

"As the popularity of NASCAR and 'American Idol' both continue to grow, we are excited to provide a special treat for NASCAR fans on Memorial Day weekend by having the American Idols participate in The Coca-Cola 600 pre-race festivities," said Beatriz Perez, vice president sports marketing, Coca-Cola North America.

Television coverage of the 2004 Coca-Cola 600 is scheduled to begin at 5 p.m. ET on FOX. The race is set to start around 5:40 p.m., and can also be heard on the radio on the Performance Racing Network (PRN).

FORT Fanatic
    A selected group last season did this as well, and I remember they had some solo's, and later were drowned out because of overhead jets flying at the peak of the song. I'm expecting a better one this time, and good Tamyra won't be on hand to deliver the national anthem...

Snellville... hometown of music's next big superstar.
    It's too bad Diana couldn't be there. She's had lots of experience doing just that. I still think that she should have sang the National Anthem on Wednesday's show. They knew the girl had lost so it could have been a little something extra for her.
    YDiana DeGarmo One VoiceY

She dreamed... the impossible dream. She fought the unbeatable foe.
    She's still standing better than she ever did...

This is it! This time I know it's for real.

MY AMERICAN IDOL
    Did you think this fool could never win? Look at her, she's coming back again!

Yeah, and Tamyra's rendition.............just ouch. How embarassing!
    I'll miss you Amy, George, and La Toya

Thanks BoBofan! As long as LaToya is there...I'm tuning in.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Don't worry, Tamyra will fly overhead, then parachute out of the plane and starting singing with them, effectively destroying the melody, if 19E has anything to say about it

Quote Originally Posted by WomynLee
    Thanks BoBofan! As long as LaToya is there...I'm tuning in.
    You are so very welcome
    WomynLee- You are So Nice!!! Thanks a Million!!!

Actually the 8 finalists who are there are the ones who placed 3rd to 10th. Now I am wondering if Matt and Leah will be on the tour. Those two werent even invited for this function.

FORT Fan
    After watching the performance, I thought Jon Peter did unusually well, with Jennifer and LaToya doing some unusual runs at the end of the song(not particularly popular with NASCAR fans, I would think)

I am also surprised to say that JPL did a nice job!

IMO, George was pretty good but off key at one point. Amy did good. LaToya did a nice job the first time but did something with her voice the second time. Jennifer and Jasmine were OK. John wasn't too bad. Camille was...well, not good at all.

However, I must admit it was nice seeing them all again!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast