+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Finale Made For Diana?

The Finale Made For Diana?

This little blurb is from US WEEKLY:

.......On March 30, a producer coached the audience on Diana DeGarmo's lyrics so the crowd could sing along, ensuring a big response. And was it right for Cowell to flat-out say pre-finale that DeGarmo will win? Most damning: E! Online reports that producers are making sure that the final song (a la Kelly Clarkson's "A Moment Like This" suits DeGarmo's style
    Take it for what it's worth. I personally found the coaching of Diana's song bizzare. I guess these steps didn't help too much.

And actually, range-wise, the song was much better suited for Fantasia, seeing as how Diana does sound a bit off on the lower notes (or her "lower register").

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    This little blurb is from US WEEKLY:

Quote:
    .......On March 30, a producer coached the audience on Diana DeGarmo's lyrics so the crowd could sing along, ensuring a big response. And was it right for Cowell to flat-out say pre-finale that DeGarmo will win? Most damning: E! Online reports that producers are making sure that the final song (a la Kelly Clarkson's "A Moment Like This" suits DeGarmo's style

March 30th??? That was 2 months ago. I'm sure all the contestants benefitted from some sort of audience coaching. After all, that's what producers do .... produce.

First it's Diana, then it's Fantasia? I'm sure evil Simon was just hedging his bets. If John Stevens had lasted longer he'd probably have declared HIM the winner as well. :phhht

Maybe the big finale number for next season should be "When You Walk Through a Storm", a la Jerry Lewis at his telethon each year. That song seems to have the requisite amount of schmaltz and vanity notes worthy of any new Idol.
    Lead me not into temptation ~ I can find the way myself

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Honestly, I think it could be possible that the finale was made for Diana, since they thought she would be more marketable. 'I Believe' sounds just as good on Diana as it does on Fantasia, No More Tears and Summertime are about just as good, and Don't Cry Out Loud SHOULD have been alot better than whatever Fantasia sang first. Really, Diana had a chance and wore her voice out too quickly.

E! Online reports that producers are making sure that the final song (a la Kelly Clarkson's "A Moment Like This" suits DeGarmo's style
    That's wierd. I heard Tamyra say they asked her to write a potential finale song a couple weeks ago. I wonder if that means Dreams was originally the finale song and they decided to go in a different direction?

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    I doubt the final was tailored for Diana because it just didn't fit her right. The final song was perfect for Fantasia IMO.

+ Reply to Thread