+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: USA Today:Simon "We had to have Fantasia win.If she hadn't, we would have had a prob

FORT Fogey
    Hey I've got an idea, let's all calm down.

Many people really like Fantasia (yes, just because some don't, many still do)

Also, many people really like Diana (and just because some don't, many still do)

Let's just all calm down now.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    I dunno, a lot of people are bashing Diana's talent, and I'm pretty sure no one who visits here has managed to get in the Final 2 on American Idol....
    That reality has nothing to do with the opinions being expressed here.

Here we go again.

Once again this is a reminder to all to STOP baiting other members. This back-and-forth bickering between the Diana fans and the Fantasia fans will not be tolerated. It's one thing to express your opinions about each of the contestants performances, personalities, wardrobe, and whatever, but it's NOT OKAY if you start calling their fan bases names just because they don't agree that your favorite is the best.

Please RE-READ the "Dude, Where's My post?" thread.

Also, stop playing the race card. Take that to the "Current Events" thread if you want to continue that nonsense.

We're going to start handing 1-day bans to all those that continue breaking the rules, and we won't even send you a courtesy PM. I think we've been patient enough with many of you. If you don't like the rules here, there are plenty of boards out there that will love to have you as part of their FLAME community.

Appreciate your cooperation.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    America has one more vote & that one comes with their wallets.

With these much needed words of wisdom, let's all just agree to disagree. Fantasia won. Diana was a close second. The time has come to shut up and put our money where our collective mouths are.
    Lead me not into temptation ~ I can find the way myself

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Thank you Wolf.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

R&C
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixxin2

Simon is a shagging arse and obviously no gentleman. :phhht

As a judge, I Like Simon. He is here to be a Judge, not Mr. Nice. He just telling the truth. Sometimes "Truth" is hard to accept, but it just the way it is. No use to pretend like a nice person and keep telling something nice to Diana. He can encourage her but no use to lie to her, Simon just want to let Diana know what she lack of. (Only my presumption !!!)
    Who's gonna love you when It all falls down, and
    Who's gonna love you when Your bankroll runs out
    Who's gonna care when the novelty's over
    When the star of the Show isn't you anymore
    Nobody cares when the tears of a clown Fall down...
    Nobody cares when the tears of a clown
    Fall down

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxin2
    [/B]

With these much needed words of wisdom, let's all just agree to disagree. Fantasia won. Diana was a close second. The time has come to shut up and put our money where our collective mouths are.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1
    Sitting at a table near her mother and Idol fan Nicole Richie, DeGarmo said she suspected at the start of the show that she'd lost when producers told the girls, " 'Fantasia, you'll be singing Dreams, and Diana, you'll sing I Believe.' " Realizing they wouldn't have the winner sing I Believe (the first single to be released this summer) twice, DeGarmo put the pieces together. "I was sitting there going, 'Well, you just told me who won,' because they wanted I Believe to be the (final) song for the winner."
    I actually smell a rat about that too. But , I also know the results beforehand, so no difference (Singapore's showing time was later than USA's, so I read FORT before I watched the show).

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    I think Simon has gotten caught up in the Simon hysteria & is buying in to all the press he gets. He seems to say things just to shake the tree regardless of how off base or hurtful it can be. I said it before & I'll say it again his tight shirts cut off the blood supply to his brain. I don't believe he will ever say anything good about Diana & I really hope when all is said & done she makes him eat his words by outselling Fantasia by a large margin. America has one more vote & that one comes with their wallets.
    Razorback, again I compliment you on your point of view! Simon is a jerk, not just on <i> American Idol</i> but when he is a guest on other shows! He was just awful on <i> The Ellen Show!</i> However, the fact remains that Simon must appear in future shows, but Paula and Randy ARE replaceable!
    Johnny Wright (a terrific producer & record man) was a judge on <i> Fame</i> and could easily replace Randy and do a wonderful job.

I believe Diana is a GOOD singer and wish her the best. Fantasia's style of singing is something you have to get use to. Again, for Diana's sake it is best that Fantasia won!

Quote Originally Posted by Kariann1
    Fantasia's style of singing is something you have to get use to.
    Would this be true of any singer, Diana included?
    Last edited by theoslady; 05-30-2004 at 12:31 PM.

+ Reply to Thread