Spiderman 2 - June 30
This is the first season I watched it, so
- I actually got addicted to AI !
- Simon Cowell's comments - "You better pray that each household in Hawaii has at least 5 phones", "I have to pull in some sympathy votes - that was the most horrible performance I have ever seen"
- Paula Abdul, Randy Jackson looking extremely sad over LaToya London's departure
- LaToya London & Jennifer Hudson's departure
- George Huff's squat-while-you-sing performances
- John Stevens unique style
- Elton John's comments on AI - "The show's racist", "The best 3 singers are at bottom 3"
- Jasmine's flowers, Jasmine's crying, Jasmine's mood swings
- More record-breaking votes, more viewers this season !
Things I Won't Miss
- Ryan's keep on delaying the results, Ryan's way of announcing the Bottom 3 (George Huff was told to join the Top 3, without much details on which group is the top 3)
- William Hung
- Singapore Idol's commercial being aired during the episode
- The SMS thingy (in Singapore) where people texted while watching the show
Bloomin' FoRT Fanatic!
How about . . .
When the makeup person needed to put powder on Barry Manilow, only she didn't know who Barry Manilow was (she thought the keyboardist was Manilow)?
Barry was TRULY, TRULY P.O.'d! Talk about a diva!
Then, according to Byrd (who was standing there), she turns around and says as she's leaving:
"Oh! I have to go get another color!"
If Barry'd rolled his eyes any harder, I swear they'dve popped out!
"In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?"
The contestant from Houston that tried to throw Simon's drink at him.
One contestant singing Sweet Home Alabama and adding lyrics from Proud Mary.
Let's not forget though that Barry had probably been in the studio for a few days by then, and she should have known by then who he was. She could have asked someone if she wasn't sure, and she certainly should have known that the keyboard player who was a regular on the show wasn't Barry. I don't think it was the behavior of a diva; I think it was exasperation at less than professional behavior. But I think the funniest moment of the whole results night was Barry swearing on national tv;so much for the nice guy image.
Originally Posted by ness
I would have to include JPL's "Jailhouse Rock" sing-out as one of the most unforgettable moments. But, I suppose given its omission on this thread-- I suppose it was a forgettable moment.
I would definitely put JPL's WildCard Performance on here. That was off the hook.
I would put Ryan's confetti-head in the finale on here because it was so fitting (the piece of confetti stuck to his forhead and he didn't notice).
The Roman brothers. God help us.
Obviously, Fantasia's "Summertime"
Jasmine bursting into tears after the judge's comments.
John Stevens' miserable "My Girl Performance"
None of you mentioned the first robbery of the season - Martha -- the very first audition. I thought she was pretty darned good, and thought she sounded great when she sang again in the special with Skat Girl, FatPower Hawaii Girl (who I also liked very much), and the infamous William Hung.
I kept expecting Martha to get hauled in at a later point -- in Hollywood or in the wildcard and she never got another chance. Maybe next year!
Originally Posted by BfloChick48
This is a great list along with some of the others, especially the funny one where Simon says that Amy reminds him of Jay Leno's [sister]--I would also add that a few weeks later he told John Stevens he reminded him [or he looked like] Stan Laurel-does any one remember that one?--Also in regards to the Roman brothers, as for their auditions, they were just OK, not even good enough to pass through to the next level, and one of the brothers I believe it was Jesus] was supposed to be in group with George Huff and Matt Rodgers, and he was the only one who forgot his lines, even though he claimed he was up all night long learning his lines, while George and Matt, who already had practiced a bunch of times, simply went to bed to rest up for the next day--but he and his brother got through and both fouled up badly during the semi-finals--GO FIGURE!!
Duke Blue Devil
Fantasia winning American Idol.
Other than that, Diana standing somewhere in the audience for the Finale Results show, about to sing "I Knew You Were Waiting" and beginning with, "Come on y'all, up on your feet, let's go! I'm over here if you can't see me though!"
Last edited by Tickety; 06-05-2004 at 05:35 AM.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.