-Amy being out after a great performance
    -Simon having water thrown in his face
    -Paula looking normal for once
    -Randy's weight loss
    -The HUGE Hawaian families

FORT Regular
    I go for the endless programming of AI3 that made me want to say "ENOUGH"

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Excellent thread, AICritic! Discussing what was fun about this season is a refreshing change from the endless lamenting about the arguable glory of Season 2. :phhht So, here's my two cents:

- Kelly and Ruben surprising us one at a time by coming out and joining Fantasia and Diana for "The Impossible Dream"

- George's "Congratulations, Jasmine!" when he found out he was the one eliminated.

- George perfect final song and unshakable smile while everyone else was balling their eyes out.

- The nasty way they told 4 of the wildcards that they wouldn't get to perform.

- Diana's redemption! It was so nice to see her prove all her "pageant" and "connection" naysayers wrong.

- JPL's lack of redemption and his surprise early exit. (sorry JPL fans!)

- Elton John's holy-crap-what-do-we-have-here smirk when he first heard Jennifer, Fantasia and Diana sing.

- "Jasmine, you are safe."

- Diana's amusing dance with a group of star-struck girls as she sung "Think" in the Top 3 Special

- Fantasia losing it at almost every elimination show.

- "George, please join the top group."

- Elton John's comments that Fantasia rendition of "The Way You Look Tonight" was better than his version.

- Diana's 17 second note on Broken Wing.

- John Stevens' answer to "what will you miss the most?" "Them."

- Elton John's comment that Jenny "blew him away," "gave him chills", Has "an astonishing voice", and was his favorite of the all the contestants.

- How visibly shaken John Stevens was when Jennifer got eliminated.

- Diana's shoutouts to JPL and Amy while she was going through the crowd.

- George: "Simon you're so handsome!"

- The expression on John Stevens' face as he got ripped apart by the judges comments every week.

- Latoya's perfect exit song telling everyone that no one is going to rain on her parade.

- Tarantino's brutal comment to Diana that made the whole audience go "aww," and the class she showed by politely saying "Well, thank you anyways."

- Paula ripping apart that girl who accused Simon of being gay.

- Paula being moved to tears after two of Fantasia's songs and one of Jasmine's.

- Simon taking back his comment that Diana was too young.

- Diana gracefully applauding Fantasia while obviously being completely crushed.

- Barry Manillow inviting Jenny to sing a surprise duet during the On Air show.

- Fantasia's incredible final song in the last two shows that had Amy and several other eliminated contestants crying.

- Anything George-related.

- Fantasia's charismatic interactions with the audience and band members. (see pict below)

Hmm. That may be a little more than 2 cents. And this is after I cut out the ones that I think people already said! I guess you can probably tell I liked this season.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ultimate American Idol RubenIZMyne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BobDobolina
    - "Jasmine, you are safe."
    LMFAO

FORT Fanatic
    Thanks, BobDobolina! You've got quite a list there, and it makes me just go "oh yeah!". Great on those look backs!

Maybe I missed it in the thread somewhere but how could you forget the "if it didn't really happen I would not believe it":

Clive Davis picking Eric Sermons "All By Myself" (that LaToya London nailed in a previous performance) for 16 year old Jasmine Trias? It's a CLASSIC imo.

"When I was young......"
    "Making love was just for fun, but those days are gone..."

When Clive mentioned the song I stood there with my mouth open the entire performance. And the judges had the nerve to criticise her saying she was not feeling the song ( or something like that). That she didn't convey that she was all by herself! Lawd have mercy

- "George, please join the top group."

Easily my favorite moment.

- William Hung "She Bangs"

- Simon taking back his comment that Diana was too young to win

- "George, please join the top group"

- "The Impossible Dream"

- "Chocolate ice cream and an onion"

- Elton John's racism allegations

- "Alan Ido"

- Both renditions of "I Believe" on the final results show

- Latoya's second "Don't Rain On My Parade"

- Tamyra's horrendous slaughtering of the national anthem

Great list, Bobdo!

And I'll second the poster who brought up Jasmine singing "All By Myself." What a memorable, clear act of sabotage by Clive. The song choice was devious, not just because LaToya had sung it before, but because it was totally out of Jamine's vocal range and life experience. I guess Clive was terrified that Jasmine might win and he'd be forced to record her.

Other memorables:

Fantasia bringing me to tears with "I believe" and "Summertime." I thought my heart would break when she croaked out "I believe" on her knees at the finale. It sounded like the weight of her entire life came out in those two words.

John Stevens' glorious vocal tone. (I plan to forget his nervous off-key songs).

George's wonderful retro soul.

Matt's charismatic personality. Hope to see him as a host on TV soon.

LaToya's astonishing technique.

Paula giving criticism more than once.

Simon saying Fantasia is the best contestant (not singer, contestant). (I agree).

Randy's stadium-size gold watch.

LaToya going home before Jasmine.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    Great list, Bobdo!

And I'll second the poster who brought up Jasmine singing "All By Myself." What a memorable, clear act of sabotage by Clive. The song choice was devious, not just because LaToya had sung it before, but because it was totally out of Jamine's vocal range and life experience. I guess Clive was terrified that Jasmine might win and he'd be forced to record her.

Other memorables:

Fantasia bringing me to tears with "I believe" and "Summertime." I thought my heart would break when she croaked out "I believe" on her knees at the finale. It sounded like the weight of her entire life came out in those two words.

John Stevens' glorious vocal tone. (I plan to forget his nervous off-key songs).

George's wonderful retro soul.

Matt's charismatic personality. Hope to see him as a host on TV soon.

LaToya's astonishing technique.

Paula giving criticism more than once.

Simon saying Fantasia is the best contestant (not singer, contestant). (I agree).

Randy's stadium-size gold watch.

LaToya going home before Jasmine.
    Your list rocks!!! I'd also like to add "What are You Doing for the Rest of Your Life?" by Fantasia Barrino, the guy throwing water at Simon during the auditions, and Clay being backed by the divas.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast