+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next Season's Auditions

Ultimate American Idol RubenIZMyne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleobird
    Yippee! They are coming to Orlando! We just moved to Orlando from Montana. (Big guess as to why I never auditioned before) But....I turn 25 this summer. I have seen some contestants with 25 as their age, and I assumed that there was a cutoff date where you had to be no older than 24 by, and that they had their birthdays after the cut off date.....does anyone have any idea what that cutoff date is? Like, "You can be no older than 24 on January 1st, 2004" or "You must be between the ages of 16-24 when you audition", etc. I really want to try, but I think I'll miss the deadline by a couple months.......I really feel old!

You have to be 24 when you audition. They start the auditions in August, so if you are 25 before they get to you or before you get to them you will be "too old." Imagine being too old at 25.

What??!! You mean I'm too old to audition?? Damn!

Oh well, I'm sure I would pale in comparison to the "Heards of Eskimos"!! Ha!!!

As far as Simon goes...Who listens to him anyway??!!
    "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death"

Simon had talked about possibly raising the age limit from 16 to 18 (though not sure if he would still stand by that considering how far Diana went), so to be "fair" shouldn't they raise the upper age as well? That is, if they do decide to change the age limits, which they probably won't.

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raretruffle
    I have a really good friend auditioning this year. I hope she goes far, I really enjoy her voice. Last year she tried out and they told her she was really good, but too Nashville Star for AI, so now she's going to try to disguise her country-ness until she (maybe) gets to voting rounds. Hey, worked for Josh, didn't it?
    That's too bad, especially when they always tell people to "be themselves."
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

FORT Fan
    Does anyone know what the time zone is in Alaska? Do they get to vote for 2 hours without competing with the other states?

A I FAN ALL 5 YEARS pokealot214's Avatar
    far northern Minnesota usually, but wherever my job takes me!
    Quote Originally Posted by cannonballler
    Does anyone know what the time zone is in Alaska? Do they get to vote for 2 hours without competing with the other states?
    Yes, Alaska has it's own time zone, just like Hawai'i.
    only here occasionally due to work schedule... here mentally even less BTW... you can just call me poke

I am so curious as to who will be allowed to audition! Las Vegas and Orlando have many talented young people. I recall that Diana had performed at Dollywood when she was younger. Would a currently employed singer at a Las Vegas facility or at Disney World be allowed to audition?

I never knew the exact guidelines for the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Kariann1
    Would a currently employed singer at a Las Vegas facility or at Disney World be allowed to audition?
    If they could leave there job, I couldn't see why not. I know Jennifer was on the Disney Cruise Line before Idol.

True, but I know someone who went to the New York auditions but was unable to try out because she was in the Broadway production of Rent at the time. Makes me wonder if they would also bar Vegas performers.
    I'll miss you Amy, George, and La Toya

We're an hour behind L.A.
    "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast