+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: Did (insert conspirators here) know who won in advance?

  1. #31
    The race is back! John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    On the mat
    Age
    43
    Posts
    40,432
    First off, I merged 2 threads together, and therefore changed the name.

    Second, a thread doesn't "belong" to anyone. If you start a thread, that's cool, but it doesn't belong to you any more once you hit that "submit" button. It belongs to everyone, and administrated by us.

  2. #32
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    34
    Did anybody see how when Fantasia won,her family was trying to go up on stage to celebrate but they told then not to.

    Fantasia didn't want her daughter on stage because she was concerned about the pyrotechs. Heard it on Extra.

  3. #33
    ARE YOU CURIOUS? DezBelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Age
    49
    Posts
    924
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Which part, Cookie? The first part is true. I'm not sure about the second part.
    Yes its true, he said it on his show today, he also said how it was damn near a millitary operation how they kept the secret of whos the winner. Plus he annonced that all 12 are going on the tou.
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too...

  4. #34
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2
    I knew Fantasia had won at about 7:15 PST. It was posted on the internet but the site I checked was not an idol forum. The person stated that she had missed the show and did anyone know who had won. The time the person posted was 10:05 EST (3 hr time difference).

    Ryan Seacrest gestured for the family to come on stage and when they tried they were not allowed to do so. I really don't think they tried to go on stage on their accord.

  5. #35
    Starbucks is your friend Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Orygun
    Posts
    12,166
    Quote Originally Posted by eny
    Oh yeah , we have it on good authority that space aliens heard Fantasia , and made sure they were in the neighbourhood on vote night to skew the votes her way. They used mind control rays on everyone in the Kodak Theater.

    Get out your tin foil hats , they are EVERYWHERE I tell you.

    I heard from my best friend's sister's cousin who hung out that 31 Flavors last night that Seacrest himself is an alien.

    It explains so many things!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

  6. #36
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by ladybird
    I knew Fantasia had won at about 7:15 PST. It was posted on the internet but the site I checked was not an idol forum. The person stated that she had missed the show and did anyone know who had won. The time the person posted was 10:05 EST (3 hr time difference).
    Considering that anyone could have predicted the winner with a 50/50 chance of being correct, all the AI Miss Cleos should probably keep their day jobs.

    Except for Bill The Mod of course because he obviously has an inside track.
    Last edited by geekgirl; 05-27-2004 at 08:54 PM.

  7. #37
    Reality? Really?
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    170
    I understand that you merged two threads, John, and I also understand that a thread doesn't "belong" to anyone. My only reason for my previous post was due to my concern that other readers might misinterpret my first post (based upon the new altered title of the thread) as trying to imply there was some conspiracy afoot. Again, this was never my intention. However, the re-named title of the thread is now followed directly by my original post (which has nothing to do with conspiracies), and I didn't want anyone to draw the wrong conclusion and be confused into thinking that was why I had started the thread in the first place. (whew!)

    I fully understand, accept and respect that this is your site and that you have complete freedom to administrate it however you choose. I think you do a tremendous job, by the way. I was simply frustrated that the subject of the thread had been changed after my initial post, because I don't give much merit to rumors or conspiracy "theories" and probably would not have responded to a thread with this title. I think most of us usually assume that the title of a thread was posted by the person who started the thread, and this is why I was disappointed. I just felt somewhat like words had been put in my mouth (or fingers, so to speak) and wanted to explain to everyone that I was not trying to promote any conspiracy, contrary to the thread's current title.

    Again, I think you and the other mods do a great job of administering this site, and I appreciate all of the time and effort you put into it. I truly am not trying to be argumentative (and hope that I haven't come across that way!) . . . I just have a tremendous need to explain myself if I think someone has the wrong impression, and it's very difficult for me to not be wordy! Forgive me . . . I hope I haven't worn out my welcome. I simply wanted to clear the air of any misunderstandings. Thanks for allowing me to explain myself, John. You're obviously very patient to deal with all of us on a daily basis!

  8. #38
    freakazoid
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl
    Considering that anyone could have predicted the winner with a 50/50 chance of being correct, all the AI Miss Cleos should probably keep their day jobs.
    At 10:05EST the show was over. Correct?

  9. #39
    Ultimate American Idol RubenIZMyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Nassau, Bahamas
    Posts
    848
    Quote Originally Posted by DezBelle
    Yes its true, he said it on his show today, he also said how it was damn near a millitary operation how they kept the secret of whos the winner. Plus he annonced that all 12 are going on the tou.
    Ryan kept saying on his show that all 12 are going on tour, but I don't think he realizes his error. Matt and Leah are not on the tour. I have my tickets already, the tour only contains the top 10.

  10. #40
    FORT Fanatic loompaunc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by ladybird
    I knew Fantasia had won at about 7:15 PST. It was posted on the internet but the site I checked was not an idol forum. The person stated that she had missed the show and did anyone know who had won. The time the person posted was 10:05 EST (3 hr time difference).
    I'm kinda confused about your point. Since there's a 3-hour time difference, you actually found out at 10:15 EDT. The results were revealed at about 9:55 EDT...so it doesn't strike me as weird at all that someone out there posted the results as soon as they aired and you saw them.

    But maybe I'm reading wrong and don't understanding what you're saying...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.