+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Did (insert conspirators here) know who won in advance?

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Momster
    Is this true?

According to the Seacrust show today, yes both parts are true. Ryan said he was informed of the winner on Wednesday afternoon by two producers, who each whispered the first letter's of Fantasia's name into his ears. He said the card was indeed blank. He then showed a tape of some confetti stuck to his forehead. What this had to do with the blank card, I do not know. :phhht

Proud Reality TV Fan
    The part about Clay knowing...I am sort of obsessive and hadn't read that before.
    I've learned that the people you care most about in life are taken from you too soon and all the less important ones just never go away. And the real pains in the ass are permanent!

Apparently, Ryan wasn't holding the card closed enough, and Clay said that he got a peek at the writing, and it was a long name, so he knew he didn't win.

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    Though I don't think she will tire out quickly, due to the history of past winners, I see her fading after her first album unless it is amazing.
    Who has faded? Kelly and Ruben's first albums sold really well, Kelly just released her second, Ruben is working on his second. They are the only past winners. They haven't had time to fade yet. Let's see how their second albums do before pronouncing them has-beens.

Premium Member
    Yeah you can see in the finale, just a few seconds before Ryan announces the winner, Clay leans over and whispers something to Ruben. He says he was saying something like "you won man" if I recall correctly.

Hey. I thought if we all wore our fluffy slippers that "conspiracy" theories were going to be laid to rest?

Eh, must be ok today cause majority of us aren't wearing them at work.
    Nevermind me.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl
    According to the Seacrust show today, Ryan was informed of the winner on Wednesday afternoon by two producers, who each whispered the first letter's of Fantasia's name into his ears.
    It's a good thing Ryan apparently can spell.

well sadly since i am in pacific time zone i knew.
    #1 the Q13 Fox news advertisements leaked a preview of the winner. And it seems that the girls knew too. You saw Fantascia trying to stay sad as if she was disappointed. But you know people can still give cries of joy when its "officially announced"
    i mean like each week when some one gets the cut, they give a little remember me video. You actually hear words of the person saying some sort of notion stating they were eliminated. So, they knew before hand they were cut before it was announced on "Live" television

Wait Cookie, there were two cards, the first one basically said what the judges thought. You could see the two girls trying to look at it and to the audience at the same time. Then he said and the winner is....opened a second card. So he had the "secret" card in his pocket the whole time so that there wouldn't be any sneak-peeks

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Oh yeah , we have it on good authority that space aliens heard Fantasia , and made sure they were in the neighbourhood on vote night to skew the votes her way. They used mind control rays on everyone in the Kodak Theater.

Get out your tin foil hats , they are EVERYWHERE I tell you.

Reality? Really?
    I'm really disappointed that the subject line of this thread was altered. As I stated above, I wasn't trying to promote any "conspiracy theories" by posting this information -- I simply had a question as to whether the winner's name had been leaked in advance, based upon comments made on-air by a Fox news reporter attending the finale. Should have been simple enough for anyone to understand. However, by changing the subject line of the thread, it now makes it appear that I was trying to start some conspiracy riot, which is far from the case! As I said, whether a leak of the winner's name occurred in advance or not, it had no bearing on the outcome since the winner was established as soon as the voting ended on Tuesday night. No conspiracy theory was ever implied! How do you twist a question concerning whether the winner's name (which was already established from the previous night's voting) had been leaked an hour in advance to a watch party - into - a conspiracy plot to change the winner?!! I know this is John's site, and I respect his authority to change anything he sees fit, but I would rather have had the thread deleted than modified into something that I had never intended to imply.

Thanks, BoBoFan, for an honest reply. I don't give much merit to rumors, but since this was stated on-air by one of Fox's own reporters, I was just curious whether there had been a leak -- doesn't affect anything one way or the other. Congratulations to Fantasia -- as huge as Wednesday's watch party at the Greensboro Coliseum was, I'm sure it will pale in comparison to the homecoming party for Fantasia when she returns!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast