+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 307071727374757677787980

Thread: 5/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kariann1

<i>I would like to change my opinion here. I think Fantasia is a terrific performer. Her recent interviews (especially on the Larry King Show) have impressed me. I wish her the best. Diana also seems like a sweet gal! </i>

Quote Originally Posted by pokealot214
    Daggone you, Kariann. Turning coat and switching sides . I do wish Fantasia the best, but still will not support her by purchasing her music. Her fans will make up for my non-support, I am sure, but I didn't think you would be included in that group .
    I know I posted that but can't find it right now!

Any how, I still thought Diana was the better singer, but I am not being so hard on Fantasia. The only time I thought Fantasia was the better singer was when she sang <i> Summertime</i>. I will not be purchasing her music either.

She is coming across more humble and less cocky. Most people have an idea about Fantasia's life, but when Larry King does an interview, he comes at it as the audience is uniformed. At first, I was shocked when he asked Fantasia if she was married after discussing her baby. However, she was quite composed as she answered the questions. Another thing that got to me was that she had never owned a car.

I cannot deny the fact that I enjoyed last season's Top Three and Finale more.

I cannot deny the fact that I am so happy for Fantasia because she is getting her GED.

I cannot deny the fact that I am a Clay Aiken fan.

I cannot deny the fact that Simon still irks me. :phhht

It was nice chatting with you, Pokealot and with BobDobolina!!
    Enjoy that Granddaughter of yours!
    Last edited by Kariann1; 05-29-2004 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jynnan tonnix
    First off, I wasn't discussing Clay...I was commenting on the group medley, and simply ended my post, by way of introduction, outing myself as a Clay fan, if you will. Actually, I think the responses I got to that came closer to "discussing" Clay than anything I said. Trust me, I'm well aware of other sites dedicated to my "favorite muppet" :rolleyes and I do post on them

Anyway, I'm not here to argue. I also enjoy reading the comments here and finally decided to take the plunge and try posting...and while I understand that discussion of past conestants is not welcome, I don't see that an occasional comparison of a current contestant to a past one is necessarily off-topic. Not that I'm doing that right now...just trying to get the protocol clear. I'm sorry I overreacted, but my feelings were somewhat hurt by the reception I got. I hope that this whole thing can get swept under the rug and I can start fresh here, OK?
    WELCOME AGAIN, jynnan tonnix! Wish you had arrived three months ago!

A I FAN ALL 5 YEARS pokealot214's Avatar
    far northern Minnesota usually, but wherever my job takes me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kariann1

Any how, I still thought Diana was the better singer, but I am not being so hard on Fantasia. The only time I thought Fantasia was the better singer was when she sang <i> Summertime</i>. I will not be purchasing her music either.

It was nice talking with you, Pokealot and with Bob! Enjoy that Granddaughter of yours!
    Okay, I can buy that kariann (your opinion, not anything sung by Fantasia, not even Summertime). Anyway, I actually get to spend this weekend with my grand-daughter. She lives 200 miles away and even she was disappointed that Diana didn't win. Grandpa had no influence on that at all, either. She even went against her daddy's wishes for her to be a Fantasia fan. I guess 5 year olds are smarter than 25 year olds these days.
    only here occasionally due to work schedule... here mentally even less BTW... you can just call me poke

Quote Originally Posted by pokealot214
    Okay, I can buy that kariann (your opinion, not anything sung by Fantasia, not even Summertime). Anyway, I actually get to spend this weekend with my grand-daughter. She lives 200 miles away and even she was disappointed that Diana didn't win. Grandpa had no influence on that at all, either. She even went against her daddy's wishes for her to be a Fantasia fan. I guess 5 year olds are smarter than 25 year olds these days.
    That's great, Pokealot! Enjoy! Enjoy! My Grandbabes are one and 3 years old!

That's what I was talking about <i> American Idol</i> being multi-generational viewing!

+ Reply to Thread