+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for Guest Judges?

Reality Fanatic
    I can't wait for Canadian Idol, after the disaster of A/I...I'm hoping for SOMEthing good from C/I

Guest judges...Jann Arden would be tops, imagine the humor she'd bring to it. It would be the only C/I eppy that came with a parental warning at the beginning She is the BEST canada has (my own personal opinion of course ) I'm not sure Shania is so out of the question. After all the success of the first Canadian Idol, I'd be more prone to think she'd jump at the chance. I'm not sure...but she's pretty supportive of ANYthing that represents Canada.

Anne Murray...Barry Manilow in drag too funny!!!!!

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt64

He was a member.. I graduated 5 years ago, and he was in the band before I was in high school.. so.. it was quite a long time ago.. I must admit.. I have NO idea what Trooper sounds like.. but from looking at their website they seem kinda dorky.. And remembering the guy.. he was certainly.. excentric..
    although Rush is probably my favorite Canadian band... Trooper's up there too, that'd be so wild having a band teacher like that... what school did you go to?? I want my albums autographed!! lol

...here they come.. the boys in the bright white sports car.. WAVING THEIR ARMS IN THE AIR.. who do they think they are.. and where did they get that car... la da da da... la dadada daaaaa

RAISE A LITTLE HELL, RAISE A LITTLE HELL, raise a little hell

When I saw the thread I immediately thought Guess Who, would love a Guess Who night. Also Barenaked Ladies would be a hoot. Diana Krall and a jazz night? REbecca Jenkins, perhaps. I guess Sarah McLaughlin is a little busy. K.D.? She would have opinions. I've seen Jann Arden interviewed pretty often and the lady is bright and full of ideas. She would make a great judge. Robbie Robertson? I hope they have a Canadiana night or two. Some Guess Who, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, the Ladies, 54-40, the Band. There's a lot to draw from.

Tomorrow morning.... realtvrocks's Avatar
    Pamela Anderson is Canadian...and she knows alot about musicians! Perhaps she'd consider it. Also, I think KISS was Canadian too. That's shake things up!

Seriously though, I think Diana Krall would be a good choice. And isn't Paul Anka Canadian? But perhaps he wouldn't since he already did AI.

Others: Avril, lead singer of Our Lady Peace (name?), Chantal Kreviazuk

Chantal and the OLP guy (can't recall his name at the moment either) are married to each other - I was going to say they could appear together, but that would make the judge's table mighty crowded...

I love 54-40 but I don't think this is their kind of gig.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Raine Maida. It'll be interesting who they have as guest judges. TV Guide promised that it there would be big stars... but I don't really know who they consider a big star. Amanda Marshall?

I could see BNL doing it.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by realtvrocks
    Pamela Anderson is Canadian...and she knows alot about musicians! Perhaps she'd consider it. Also, I think KISS was Canadian too. That's shake things up!

Seriously though, I think Diana Krall would be a good choice. And isn't Paul Anka Canadian? But perhaps he wouldn't since he already did AI.

Others: Avril, lead singer of Our Lady Peace (name?), Chantal Kreviazuk
    Chantal would be very good. She's smart. I also think Avril would be an interesting choice. She's young so appeals to that audience and could probably relate to the kids who are auditioning. Well, some anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    Chantal and the OLP guy (can't recall his name at the moment either) are married to each other - I was going to say they could appear together, but that would make the judge's table mighty crowded...

I love 54-40 but I don't think this is their kind of gig.
    I used to serve 54-40.. cool guys. Very nice. I also served Swollen Members who were pretty cool too. My friend used to date Mocha.. Master P and Master T (and believe me when I said "who?" both times).. hmm.. who else..

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Hey how about Rita McNeil ? She was on the last eppy of Trailer Park boys If she's that good about that show, she'd be great on CI . It proves she has a sense of humour .

I love 54-40 too !

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    Hey how about Rita McNeil ? She was on the last eppy of Trailer Park boys If she's that good about that show, she'd be great on CI . It proves she has a sense of humour .

I love 54-40 too !
    I missed that! Damn! Who was she, Ricky's long-lost mom?

Come to think of it...maybe Ricky, Julian & Bubbles for guest hosts?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast