+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for Guest Judges?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt64
    A teacher (the band teacher) at my old high school was a member of Rush.. Mr. Ludwig.. I can't remember his first name..
    Neal Peart was Rush's second drummer. They had a different drummer for the first album named John Rutsey who quit the band due to "Creative Differences" (Alex and Geddy probably wanted the band to be a success ) and became a competitive body builder.

'Ludwig' is a famous "brand" of drums so maybe there lies the confusion.

But i think you band teacher may have been pulling your leg.

Last edited by Daddio; 05-27-2004 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    Neal Peart was Rush's second drummer. They had a different drummer for the first album named John Rutsey who quit the band due to "Creative Differences" (Alex and Geddy probably wanted the band to be a success ) and became a competitive body builder.

'Ludwig' is a famous "brand" of drums so maybe there lies the confusion.

But i think you band teacher may have been pulling your leg.

You know what.. I went through my yearbook and I was trying to figure this out.. and now I remember.. it wasn't Rush.. it was Trooper.. Whoops.. I know.. much less exciting than Rush.. I dunno why made me think of Trooper..

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar
    ANYONE other than Celine!!
    How about Jane Sibbery (sp?) she seems like an interesting character.
    Amanda Marshall
    Kim Mitchell - he might be fun.
    Last edited by jmb; 05-27-2004 at 03:00 PM.

You know what.. I went through my yearbook and I was trying to figure this out.. and now I remember.. it wasn't Rush.. it was Trooper.. Whoops.. I know.. much less exciting than Rush.. I dunno why made me think of Trooper..
    Hey, I like Trooper better! Although, I really am not a Rush fan.

I actually saw Trooper about 3 years ago at a concert in small town Ontario. One of the low lights of their career, no doubt. It was fun. And I only knew 3 songs.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

*ahem* My Trooper albums are next to my Rush, Loverboy and Streetheart albums, thankyouverymuch.

Although if you go to the official Trooper website http://www.trooper.ca/default.php?ca...io&subcat=none there's no band member with the last name of Ludwig - but my memory is not so good that I can remember if there was a former member with that name. Pull out your yearbook and check it for us, Matt.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    *ahem* My Trooper albums are next to my Rush, Loverboy and Streetheart albums, thankyouverymuch.

Although if you go to the official Trooper website http://www.trooper.ca/default.php?ca...io&subcat=none there's no band member with the last name of Ludwig - but my memory is not so good that I can remember if there was a former member with that name. Pull out your yearbook and check it for us, Matt.

He was a member.. I graduated 5 years ago, and he was in the band before I was in high school.. so.. it was quite a long time ago.. I must admit.. I have NO idea what Trooper sounds like.. but from looking at their website they seem kinda dorky.. And remembering the guy.. he was certainly.. excentric..

Quote Originally Posted by jmb
    ANYONE other than Celine!!
    How about Jane Sibbery (sp?) she seems like an interesting character.
    Amanda Marshall
    Kim Mitchell - he might be fun.
    Oh come on! Celine would be fabulous. The Saturday Night Live Celine would be even more fun.. "Yes.. yes, that was very good. Not as good as I, Celine Dion would have done. I, Celine Dion would have done it like this. See.. This is why I, Celine Dion am a world famous singer, and you are trying to be like me, Celine Dion."

FORT Fogey

He was a member.. I graduated 5 years ago, and he was in the band before I was in high school.. so.. it was quite a long time ago.. I must admit.. I have NO idea what Trooper sounds like.. but from looking at their website they seem kinda dorky.. And remembering the guy.. he was certainly.. excentric..
    My apologies at suggesting that he was pulling your leg Matt64 (although at the time we were still talking Rush).

How deliciously ironic that a guy named "Ludwig" would become a drummer.

Maybe he is even a descendent of the Ludwig drum making family.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    My apologies at suggesting that he was pulling your leg Matt64 (although at the time we were still talking Rush).

How deliciously ironic that a guy named "Ludwig" would become a drummer.

Maybe he is even a descendent of the Ludwig drum making family.
    Lol.. no need for an apology.. I still dunno how I got Rush and Trooper (hah) confused. Not that I have ever been a fan of Rush, and have never actually heard Trooper's music.. I'm a bad Canadian.. I know..

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar
    For one night, they should replace all the judges with some of the members from the Barenaked Ladies.
    That would be fantastic!!

I'd also like to see Anne Murray, Gordon Lightfoot, Mike Reno (an 80s theme week...woohoo!!), Bryan Adams, and of course Jann Arden.

And since this has semi-turned into a Trooper thread, I once saw Tommy Stewart (Trooper's original drummer) at a credit union I worked at.

Um... that's all I've got.

But I love the band!
    Men are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but you can't help but smile as you see one tumble down the stairs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast