+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible member-only lockdown here tonight

Possible member-only lockdown here tonight

I just wanted to let everyone know, because of the finale of AI and the "After the Rose" special for The Bachelor, the server may yet have some problems handling the capacity.

In order to avoid the downtime we experienced last week, if the server starts to overload, I will be temporarily turning off guest access to the site.

So, if you want to make SURE you can get here tonight to read the comments about the finale, you should probably take a moment to register as a member to avoid any inconvenience.

I apologize that this may be necessary, but we weren't able to move to our new servers last weekend as planned, and this action will probably be necessary as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    In order to avoid the downtime we experienced last week, if the server starts to overload, I will be temporarily turning off guest access to the site.

Excellent plan John! It would be tragic if the Fort crashed during the Idol results show. The comments here are always more entertaining than the actual show!
    Lead me not into temptation ~ I can find the way myself

it's mean to be green , but ahhh worth it! and your right fixxin, the fun is here.

FORT Newbie
    Thanks for the heads up! Just registered. I wasn't planning on watching tonight, but definitely planned on reading the spoilers.

*JoN PeTeR LeWiS rOcKs* JPL_ROCKS's Avatar
    I can't watch it tonight because my parents sayz its on toooooo late! But they are taping it for me ! But I wil be watching it .........Some How???
    * JPL ROCKS*
    *LOVIN JPL*~*American Idol Fan 4 Ever *~

Ultimate American Idol RubenIZMyne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elg199
    Thanks for the heads up! Just registered. I wasn't planning on watching tonight, but definitely planned on reading the spoilers.
    elg199 glad to have you aboard.

Thanks for the heads up John, it would be tragic if the FORT died during the show. It'll be so much better here than the actual show anyway.

Idol Fan
    Thanks, John! Anything you can do to keep the site up for members is appreciated! Non-members can always catch up, too. Don't know how servers work, but if you can keep us going tonight we will all be grateful!

Imagine a smiley of a bouquet of flowers coming to you!

Everyone here is, I'm sure, happy to be here and grateful for all the time you put into making it possible! Great job, thank you, thank you, thank you! Applause.

That sounds good to me.

I can still predict that it will slow down, but hopefully not grind to a screeching halt like last week. My goal is to keep it limping along until this weekend, when we can do a right proper move.

And a note to all you guests: if you DO register, we want you to POST! There won't be any excuse to be a lurker any more

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    And a note to all you guests: if you DO register, we want you to POST! There won't be any excuse to be a lurker any more

Don't worry John.....once they register, they won't be able to help themselves. They will be posting just like the rest of us.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast