+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Top 3: AI3 vs AI2

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    hands down AI2 top 3 was way better
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

i didn't watch last year, so i can't really comment. but i really think that the top 3 was really really good! i was proud of them actually and wasn't regretting someone else should be there - that last tuesday performance night showed me they all deserved to be there. it was a great show, so it was a great top 3! i, personally, wouldn't have it any other way.

AI2, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by manjalteng
    i didn't watch last year, so i can't really comment. but i really think that the top 3 was really really good! i was proud of them actually and wasn't regretting someone else should be there - that last tuesday performance night showed me they all deserved to be there. it was a great show, so it was a great top 3! i, personally, wouldn't have it any other way.

You missed one h3ll of a year then manjalteng. I, along with many others, would say the top 3 last year was way more talented than this year. Don't get me wrong, this years top 3 are talented, but not as talented as last years
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

IMO the AI2 top three were "better", I don't think it's even a close race.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Not only were the Top 3 better last year, but Ruben, Clay and Kim had an unusual performing and personality chemistry that made them a compelling trio to watch. I would watch a variety show hosted by those three together in a heartbeat. It also didn't hurt that Ruben and Clay's personalities had even better chemistry together. To quote a Washington Post reviewer "Ruben and Clay had more chemistry than Kelly and Justin." Those guys, constantly play-punching onstage, making faces at each other and singing beautifully together were a joy to watch as a duo.

Trivia note: Ruben, Clay and Kim were all in Group 2 of the initial auditions. When Ruben and Kim were voted to the finals, they prayed together frequently that Clay would return as Wild Card, which he did. From then on, they remained tight friends.
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-26-2004 at 03:34 PM.

wanna check you for ticks SecondBase's Avatar
    ai2 was better. fantasia is the best of any season IMO, but the other two in the top 3 this year wouldn't have made it that far last year.
    Praise seitan!

Personally, I think AI3 may have had a shot at beating AI2 had the three divas (Fantasia, La Toya, Jennifer) been voted through. The voting controversies seemed to put a damper on things for me. Last night's finale was a bit of a let down; I was looking to get blown away with 6 awesome songs, which didn't happen. At this stage of the game the performers should have had enough time to "grow" as entertainers without all the voice cracks, oversinging/shouting, pitch problems, yeah yeahs/"come on!"s, poor song choices etc...

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    Not only were the Top 3 better last year, but Ruben, Clay and Kim had an unusual performing and personality chemistry that made them a compelling trio to watch. I would watch a variety show hosted by those three together in a heartbeat. It also didn't hurt that Ruben and Clay's personalities had even better chemistry together. To quote a Washington Post reviewer "Ruben and Clay had more chemistry than Kelly and Justin." Those guys, constantly play-punching onstage, making faces at each other and singing beautifully together were a joy to watch as a duo.

Trivia note: Ruben, Clay and Kim were all in Group 2 of the initial auditions. When Ruben and Kim were voted to the finals, they prayed together frequently that Clay would return as Wild Card, which he did. From then on, they remained tight friends.

Very well said pillbeam. And contrary to popular belief, not all Clay fans were psychotic and cried conspiracy. I was happy for Ruben when he won because they were both very talented men who would go far. And I knew that both Clay and Kim were happy for him and would be ashamed of the way some of their frans acted.

Quote Originally Posted by topcat
    Personally, I think AI3 may have had a shot at beating AI2 had the three divas (Fantasia, La Toya, Jennifer) been voted through. The voting controversies seemed to put a damper on things for me. Last night's finale was a bit of a let down; I was looking to get blown away with 6 awesome songs, which didn't happen. At this stage of the game the performers should have had enough time to "grow" as entertainers without all the voice cracks, oversinging/shouting, pitch problems, yeah yeahs/"come on!"s, poor song choices etc...
    To give Fantasia and Diana credit, they've been singing their lungs out for weeks, enduring critiques from judges in front of millions of people and getting little sleep. Considering that, I think they both did well (Fantasia, fantastic). Not even the most talented superstars could handle last night well under those conditions, in my opinion.
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-26-2004 at 03:40 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast