+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 454949596979899100101102103104
Results 1,031 to 1,037 of 1037

Thread: 5/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Ultimate American Idol RubenIZMyne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kariann1
    <font color=red><b>

RYAN SAID THERE WERE OVER 50 MILLION VOTES CAST AND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO GALS IS <u> ONE</u> PERCENT!!
    If that is true that means that the winner had 25,250,000 votes and the runner up had 24,750,000 votes using 50 million as a round number. That would still make the claim that the votes were close but not as close as last year true, because last year the difference was 0.5% which is half the alleged difference this year. We shall see in a matter of hours.

Everyone get ready for AI withdrawal!!!
    Last edited by RubenIZMyne; 05-26-2004 at 06:33 PM.

Reality? Really?
    Originally posted by Kariann1
    If there were 25 million votes cast last year and Ruben beat Clay by 130,500 approximately. What is the percent of difference?
    That would be approximately 1/2 percent (.00522 or .522%) separating Ruben and Clay last season . . . so, if your quote from Ryan is correct that only 1 percent separated the votes for Diana and Fantasia last night, it would also be correct for Nigel to say that this season is not as close as last season.

The difference in votes would be twice as big as last season's . . . bigger by a whopping 1/2 percent!

(BTW, although I said I wouldn't vote this year, I did last night. I only got through 16 times in the four hours, so obviously the increased number of phone lines was still grossly inadequate.)

Thank You!

Thanks everyone for doing the Math! It still made it a close competition!

Quote Originally Posted by RubenIZMyne
    I disagree here. First of all, Fantasia didn't screw up the song, it was a bad arrangement (even though I didn't really like her too much on it). Secondly, they weren't all rosy with her, Simon told her she was lucky she had more songs, cuz it was a mess. I don't see how you get that to be making excuses for her, cuz it sounds like a blatant insult to me.

Similarly, when Diana( who DID screw up her song) was off key Randy told her that he knew that she was a better performer than that and that he knew something happened.

Goodness why are people being such haters?
    We have to agree to disagree on Fantasia's first performance and I believe Diana recovered well on her last performance. Yes you're right I was insulting the Judges and they deserve it. If you're going to show bias, which is their right to do so, you also better expect to be criticized by people that disagree with you. I'm not hating anyone Rubes, I love Fantasia, I just hate her voice.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Newbie

Diana

I have been rooting for Diana ever since the first time I heard her sing. I am a singer, and for a 16 year old, she has an AMAZING talent. I also liked Fantasia, but her attitude made me not like her. I found that when the judges gave her bad comments, she retaliated and was extrememly defensive instead of taking it with grace. However, after last night, Fantasia DEFINENTLY deserves to win. Diana was shouting, and even on her first 2 songs, she was off pitch, not to mention "Don't Cry Outloud," that was ATROCIOUS. Don't get me wrong, she is a talented little girl, but she just needs a little more training and time, she'll be a superstar.

PS- Did anyone see Ryan Secrest Live yesterday? Randy Jackson promised Diana a record deal if she lost- HMMMMMMMMM

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessAsh
    I have been rooting for Diana ever since the first time I heard her sing. I am a singer, and for a 16 year old, she has an AMAZING talent. I also liked Fantasia, but her attitude made me not like her. I found that when the judges gave her bad comments, she retaliated and was extrememly defensive instead of taking it with grace. However, after last night, Fantasia DEFINENTLY deserves to win. Diana was shouting, and even on her first 2 songs, she was off pitch, not to mention "Don't Cry Outloud," that was ATROCIOUS. Don't get me wrong, she is a talented little girl, but she just needs a little more training and time, she'll be a superstar.

PS- Did anyone see Ryan Secrest Live yesterday? Randy Jackson promised Diana a record deal if she lost- HMMMMMMMMM
    I also saw Seacrest Live...Randy did, indeed, say that.

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty
    We have to agree to disagree on Fantasia's first performance and I believe Diana recovered well on her last performance.
    Check out this week's Vocal Masters Class article. For those of you not familiar with it, it's an extremely even-handed weekly article by a vocal trainer/teacher that breaks down each performances into strengths/weakness from a technical perspective.

What surprised me was that Rosanne, the author, was far more critical of Fantasia this week than she was of Diana. Well, I guess that's not entirely fair of me to say. She had glowing things to say about both of them, but found a lot more technical areas that need improvement in Fantasia's performance. Just thought I'd point that out since that seems to be contrary to how the discussions around here have been going. Check it out. It's a good read.

+ Reply to Thread