+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AOL Poll Results

Quote Originally Posted by divaexpatriate
    Fantasia's in trouble. I know of two people who *never* vote, but they just couldn't stand how Diana was getting bashed last night. One voted 30 times for Diana. The other person voted... get this, 300 times. And her friend voted 600 times!
    I watched the show twice, but I cannot remember one instance of Diana bashing. Could you please point out exactly when during the show did the judges bash Diana? I know they critiqued her final performance to not be her best, but still no bashing. They did the same thing to Tasia during her first performance, but nobody's crying foul there. The judges were just pointing out what the rest of us already knew and the fact that it was sandwiched by two outstanding performances by Diana's competitor made it that much more damning, but again I see no bashing.

Currently from MSNBC

Fantasia - 63%
    Diana - 37%

Note: The question was "Who do you think will win?"

To each his own.

round 1: simon did say she's a 16 year old singing a song that only a 50 year old can sing...DOH!....their critique on tasia was reasonable...she really did a complete mess...

round 2: reasonable critiques...no bashing

round 3: reasonable critiques for Diana...she was pitchy

unbelievable bias for Fantasia....overblown remark by Simon --"..the greatest contestant.."....why can't they just say "you are excellent Tasia"..rather than Randy telling her-- "...you are the next American Idol..." ... DOH!...

Quote Originally Posted by opiumchild
    unbelievable bias for Fantasia....overblown remark by Simon --"..the greatest contestant.."....why can't they just say "you are excellent Tasia"..rather than Randy telling her-- "...you are the next American Idol..." ... DOH!...
    THis is not the first time that Simon has made an overblown remark about his favorite. He did it in season 1 with Kelly..."it would be a travesty if America does not vote you to be American Idol".

He's been over the top about Fantasia since the semi-finals. He also tells her exactly how it is after each performance. I wish she would have continued to give it back to him though.

Oh yeah...I completely agree with Simon about Fantasia being the greatest contestant in Idol history.

boston.com current results are 60% Fantasia. The question was phrased as "Who will win?"

well, why not then crown queen fantasia beforehand and save us from all the fuss?

judges should be impartial with their comments...there is a difference from complimenting someone's performance and overly praising another...the viewers can see that...and the last time i checked, the viewers has the final say...if the unanointed one wins, will it be a travesty?....that's unfair for those who believe that this particular person should be their idol

Quote Originally Posted by opiumchild
    well, why not then crown queen fantasia beforehand and save us from all the fuss?
    I agree. Should have been done a long time ago.
    judges should be impartial with their comments...
    If a judge finds someone better than the other, why can't (s)he say so? What's so wrong with having the luxury of sitting through every annoying song ever throughout this WHOLE season.. and finding that a particular person IS the best? If it was Diana any of the judges was fawning over, would you still be upset?
    and the last time i checked, the viewers has the final say...if the unanointed one wins, will it be a travesty?....that's unfair for those who believe that this particular person should be their idol
    I don't understand the problem that you have with the judges if YOU even understand that we (the viewers/voters) have the final say. It'll only be a travesty because a person's fans didn't vote enough -or- she didn't perform good enough.

/not picking an argument, just have a totally different opinion.
    Last edited by Maveno; 05-26-2004 at 12:33 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

The thing that nailed it for me to vote for Fantasia last night was Diana's performance of her final song. She was not just "pitchy".....she was really off key! When you are in a recording studio that can be "fixed." In a "live" singing setting it cannot as we heard last evening. I think that Diana has every reason to hold her head high. Fantasia in my opinion really did shine in her final song selection. Even the choir was drawn in much more than when Diana sang the same song!!! I wish them both the best. My vote is for Fantasia.

if you are going to quote me, you should have at least quoted my entire post

i said judges should be impartial with their comments...there is a difference from complimenting someone's performance and overly praising another...

and no, im not a Diana fan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast