+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Paula Abdul - Judge

Paula Abdul - Judge

[IMG]images/user/pic_paula.jpg[/IMG]

Never before has there been an artist who has been equally recognized, awarded and celebrated “in front of the camera” as well as “behind the camera.”

In front of the camera, Paula’s extraordinary music career is exemplified by worldwide album sales exceeding 30 million records, two (2) #1 Albums, six (6) #1 Singles, a Grammy Award, seven (7) MTV Awards, two (2) Emmy Awards, two (2) People’s Choice Awards, and (2) Kids Choice Awards.

Paula has also been honored with her very own Star on Hollywood Boulevard, and was inducted into Nickelodeon’s Kids Choice Hall of Fame.

bah! get an opinion!

Paula might prefer we forget her earlier days, such as this one...

[IMG]images/user/PaulaAbdul-3.gif[/IMG]

Of course, then there's this little gem.

[IMG]images/user/paulaa_pic7.jpg[/IMG]

see, she OBVIOUSLY has no opinion as to what she SHOULD wear!!!

Some of her outfits are quite hideous.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I was really disappointed with her performance last year.
    She was obviously trying to let the contestants down gently, but sometimes she was almost too kind and as a result came across as very weak.
    "That's Numberwang!"

You're right, Fluff. Letting the contestants down easily is one thing, but sugar-coating your comments and being that positive that much is another altogether.

I can remember Paula saying that the rejections she received were what spurred her on in her career.
    I don't think people would have made nice when they rejected her so I don't see why she feels the need to do it.
    It could be that she is just a kind hearted person so prefers to let people down easy.
    I don't think it does an appaling singer any favours to be told that they "should just work at it" and to "live their dream" if there is really very little hope of them ever making it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

paula consented through E! to do weekly interviews re: AI on the Edge 94.5fm radio in dallas. she was on this morning... and i have to say she sounded like she was on MAJOR drugs! the way she talked was very incoherent and she paused between each word. she would be talking about the talent and break down about how sad she was for each of the contestants and how it broke her heart. then she would be fine again! but she never, at any point, sounded normal.

then a girl called in. she said, "my friend from dallas who was a contestant last year and works for AI this year..." (uh... kristen holt? be more vague if you don't want us to know who you are talking about!) anyway, she said that when kristen when to LA to film, she didn't have a place to stay yet and paula offered to let her stay with her. she took her up on the offer and said that paula has SEVERAL bottles of prescription meds that she takes daily. she said that paula would be having a normal conversation then suddenly would fly into a rage for no reason. paula and kristen had an AI event to attend and kristen didn't have anything to wear. when she told paula this, paula took her into her closet and said, "here, you could wear this or this or this..." and handed her a ton of stuff to go through. that same day, while paula was getting her hair done, she was venting to the hair dresser, "can you believe that she just went into my closet and stole my stuff?!!"

so, paula was on the edge at 7:10am. at 8:30am, they had Dean Banowetz, hairdresser to the stars. He’s also the hairdresser of the American Idol contestants. He had the real gossip!! he confirmed the story of the unidentified caller. confirmed that kristen was living with paula and actually did have paula turn on her to him. he no longer does paula's hair. he does EVERY contestants' hair, as well as simon's, ryan's, kristen's and randy's (randy has to have his hair done?) he says that paula is the drama queen about everything... that she will turn on you on a dime.

he said, let me just describe her this way, "she's a gemini." most of the dj's on the edge thought he was just talking astology, but one of the women dj's said, "wait... when you say gemini, you mean she's schizophrenic?" he said, "EXACTLY."

it was an interesting radio show in dallas this morning!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 1234567891011 ... LastLast