+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Paula Abdul - Judge

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Paula

A really long article written by Robin Leach about Paula receiving her "Woman of the Year" award....its really a great read....

Some of her quotes were hilarious!

After she was presented with the statue, Paula held back emotional tears to say, "Thank you for my gifts, thank you for waiting with me for this wonderful night to come to a close." But Ryan joked out loud on his mic, "Paula, keep it tight. Brevity is the key tonight." She fired right back, "Guys, tonight it's my night! But I do want to say it's an honor to get "Woman of the Year." I really must have made an impression the first three weeks of 2007, but it sure takes pressure off February through December.

Tonight's event wouldn't be so special without the tremendous talent that was up on the stage, now that's a gift -– the best gift ever because so many people came up to Vegas just to be with me. I must thank the 'American Idol' singers, the Paula Abdul dancers, and even the three bellmen who took my luggage to my room and the Wynn hotel limo driver. I had a relationship once with all of them and I deserve another award for that too!! Might as well go with it!" she laughed.
    And then the night became a mini-roast as she tackled her 'American Idol' colleagues, "Seriously though, I couldn't accept this award without mentioning three very special men. I have two on either side of me and one I literally look up to -- Ryan, because of his 6" platform heels. Just kidding, but nice to see you dressed up in your formal wear. You guys make me look really good. Every time Randy Jackson opens his mouth I sound like a Nobel Prize winner. Every time Simon opens his mouth, Borat looks like a Nobel Prize winner. I do love Simon almost as much as he does. Seriously he knows there's nothing I wouldn't do for him, after all I help him into his corset before every show. Speaking of which, Simon, when you wear those tight shirts, even my chest begins to hurt. Randy, what kind of brother is Randy? He's a beautiful, friendly soul happy to take you out to dinner -- happy to take himself out to dinner. Just kidding. There's nothing I wouldn't do for him either, but listen Randy, dog dude, the alphabet does carry on past the letter D! These 3 really are my big brothers. They are the best colleagues and friends I could hope for. Ask my therapists. They're here tonight --that table, that table and that big table. I would say this award is as much for them as it is for me, but that wouldn't be showbiz – its mine all mine and I love it!"

"All kidding aside, I want to thank one person in particular, who I asked to come out and perform, Chris Daughtry. He's getting so busy as the #1 artist out there and he's doing it and living the 'American Idol' dream and making memories for himself as he starts a 50-city tour tomorrow. Chris, document everything and don't forget any of the stops along the way and don't forget Paula Abdul. I love you Chris. It means the world to me that you came tonight.

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    She just can't catch a break!

Paula

American Idol Judge Paula Abdul Sued Over Hey Paula Show Idea
    By Staff
    Feb 7, 2007

American Idol judge Paula Abdul is being sued by a production company who claim they had a deal to make a reality show based on her life until she secretly sold it to another network.

According to the lawsuit filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court, Pilgrim Films and Television (pftv) met with Abdul and her producing partner David Russo in 2004.

At the meeting they discussed developing a talk show hosted by Abdul, but later decided to produce a reality show called Hey Paula based on her strange show business life.

The lawsuit alleges the project fell through when Abdul demanded final editorial control of the show.

Representatives from Pftv claim they were trying to get the show back on track by selling it to US network Oxygen and were shocked when Abdul told them that "she had secretly taken Pftv's Hey Paula project...to (rival US network) Bravo."

Last month (Jan07) Bravo announced the show would debut sometime this year (07) on their network.

The suit asks for compensatory and punitive damages, in addition to an injunction prohibiting anyone from airing the show.

Abdul tells entertainment website Tmz.com, "While I'm not going to respond to this baseless lawsuit, I will say that Hey Paula is based upon my life and my ideas. Last I heard, I still own my own life."
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I have to say that Paula's comments and helpful hints were right on the money on last night's show. I don't think she's been off too much. She seems to offer her comments so that they don't hurt. I don't think that's a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2232581;
    I have to say that Paula's comments and helpful hints were right on the money on last night's show. I don't think she's been off too much. She seems to offer her comments so that they don't hurt. I don't think that's a bad thing.
    Yes, she was good as a judge. Sometimes she's too nice but last night she was gentle yet firm in her critique.

FORT Fogey
    I always like it when she gives a firm but kind critique. Production seems to think the viewers like seeing her fight with Simon; they are dead wrong. That is the major flaw in this show. Too much banter. Some is fine and would be apppreciated more if she would just allow him his opinion and let her style be the mediating force. But we have been saying this for years. sigh

I really don't like Paula, she acts reallly snobbish.

Re: Paula Abdul - Judge

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonator;2241128;
    I really don't like Paula, she acts reallly snobbish.
    Agreed. She can be a bit condescending and there's something I've noticed recently that's really bothering me. Does Paula have some sort of problem with the "pretty white girls" on the show? There was some talk about it during Carrie's run on Idol, but I didn't think much of it. But her behavior in the end of season 5 towards Kat was very unfriendly and this year it seemed like she downright resented Haley. According to People magazine, Paula rolled her eyes at Haley's performance on Wednesday instead of doing her regular "dancing". It would be one thing if it was a one-time thing, but last year, it wasn't until Kellie was voted off that Kat became the "cute girl" of the season and that's kind of when Paula's behavior changed as well. And once Haley began to regularly dress in sexier clothes, Paula's resentment grew also. I really see it getting in the way of (what's left of) her judging skills. Is it just me?
    A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy.
    -- Jerry Seinfield

Americas Next Top Model 9 Cookiez's Avatar

Paula is so funny, she is so cute and lovable.
    I dont care about anything in the media about her, she is fabulous!

Love you girl!
    The future of fashion, America's Next Top Model

I thought Paula's snubbing of Haley had to do with her answer to the interview question where she said she looks forward to Simon's judging. After she sang Randy said, "I don't know, what do you think Paula?" and she said, "I don't know, what do you think Simon?" Simon took them to task for not critiquing her and they just sat there glaring back at him. Go back a few pages on Haley's thread and you'll find discussion about it. Aside from all that I was rolling my eyes at Haley's embarrassing attire and strip club moves. It's a family show!
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

I think she passed the buck on Haley because either she really didn't like the performance/clothes and didn't know what to say without totally offending her or the 3 judges are in cahoots to get her out and had something like this planned all along.

Who knows how Paula is in real life, but to me, she's not at all snobby on the show.

and on a side note...I like sober-Paula. I do NOT like substance-abusing Paula.

+ Reply to Thread