+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Paula Abdul - Judge

What struck me (thanks to the clips online) is how totally actually SEEING those clips proves Paula's drunkitude. I mean FOX is right to be worried. Having that online resource meant that people were able to post videos from DIFFERENT MARKETS from that day which proved that the publicist claims about a one time equipment failure and two interviews going on at once were total bunk. If that place to compare these videos hadn't existed, that wouldn't have happened.

It's clear from seeing the different market videos that she was high/drunk/whatever the entire morning she did ALL of those interviews. The chair spinning, eye rolling, manic giggling, head tossing, weird speech pattern, and the way she wasn't QUITE responding the questions asked are present in clips from at least four or five different markets from that day.

I still find it ironic that one of the very first articles on her drunk behavior that day was from FOX's online news division. THEY helped create the story and that notorious online clip site just helped prove it via the easy comparison of clips from the other markets.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I don't know,....maybe she's just one of those people who don't translate well in interviews or tv programs. Maybe she's extremely nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2214716;
    I don't know,....maybe she's just one of those people who don't translate well in interviews or tv programs. Maybe she's extremely nervous.
    After a 20+ year long showbiz career? Close to five of those on THIS particular show, which has included the same kind of press tours she had that day for most of that time?

FORT Fan
    With all the dramas going on in the news lately.....Rosie, the Donald,
    Rosie....Oprah, Rosie......Paula, it could just be a ratings thing. Look
    at all the years Dean Martin looked drunker than a skunk. I think I
    heard the only thing Martin was drinking (on air) was fruit juice. Paula
    could sure be doing the same thing. It would be extremely foolhardy
    for Fox to knowingly put a drunk on air to embarass them beyond all
    reason. Just doesn't seem like something businessmen would do. but
    letting her have free reign with the "drinking/druggie schtick" just might
    prop up this season's ratings. Who knows? I like the trio, and would
    not like to see any of them leave.

Quote Originally Posted by daystar;2215680;
    With all the dramas going on in the news lately.....Rosie, the Donald,
    Rosie....Oprah, Rosie......Paula, it could just be a ratings thing. Look
    at all the years Dean Martin looked drunker than a skunk. I think I
    heard the only thing Martin was drinking (on air) was fruit juice. Paula
    could sure be doing the same thing. It would be extremely foolhardy
    for Fox to knowingly put a drunk on air to embarass them beyond all
    reason. Just doesn't seem like something businessmen would do. but
    letting her have free reign with the "drinking/druggie schtick" just might
    prop up this season's ratings. Who knows? I like the trio, and would
    not like to see any of them leave.
    It would also be extremely foolhardy, to use your own phrase, to pull a massive scam like that on the public. To risk embarassment, lawsuits and massive federal fines for no good reason. This is versus it being a real situation where they really have no choice about dealing with the risk of THAT.

Occam's razor is a scientific principal created by logicians, which basically says "All things being equal, the simplest solution tends to be the best one" (the actual phrase is in Latin and translates a bit differently but this is what it actually means). The simplest solution is that Paula DOES have a problem and that because she's part of a huge ratings supernova which FOX doesn't want to endanger, they do little patch up jobs on her reputation when necessary.

And the situation with Dean Martin was completely different, because the very LAST thing they were doing with him was denying a problem. Those were very different, less litigious days anyway, when drinking was more accepted as well, but even so its less manipulative to create a fake problem they falsely acknowledged than what you are suggesting is being done with Paula--the creation of a fake problem they are denying, and yet illustrating so clearly.

She's impaired. Be it with alcohol, illegal drugs or legal ones in strengths she doesn't want to acknowledge. That's the simplest explanation, and thus almost definitely the true one because of that.

I heard she's hosting a new reality show. Why would they do that if she's so bad? Doesn't one of the blue collar comedy guys always have a "drink" in his hand?
    Count your blessings!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by John;60250;
    Of course, then there's this little gem.

[IMG]images/user/paulaa_pic7.jpg[/IMG]

that is funny.

Paula blames Simon and says she's "never been drunk in her life" (and seems drunk while saying it):

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/or...21260956.shtml
    'American Idol's Paula Abdul Blames Drunk Rumors On Simon Cowell
    By Staff
    Jan 25, 2007

'American Idol' judge Paula Abdul has blamed Simon Cowell for rumors that she is an alcoholic. Paula, who claims to have never been drunk in her life, says Simon started all of the drinking rumors with the "moth, the melon, and the won-ton".

The 'Idol' judge was stopped by the paparazzi outside a Beverly Hills hair salon with her chihuahua when X17 reporters began asking her questions.

X17 has the video.

Paula explained that drinking has "never been her thing". She also took the time to speak to her fans directly to let them know how much she loved them.

What's peculiar is that Paula talked to the paparazzi for several minutes - sort of the way an intoxicated person would.

I suppose we'll have to take her word for it either way, but wow that girl can talk!
    My local FOX channel showed part of the video in question. Yup, she really does say she's never been drunk in her life. And yet she seems a bit "weird" and under the influence of SOMETHING (maybe not al-kee-hol) for the length of clip while saying so. It's just BIZARRE. HER explanation is that she "has a weird sense of humor". Well, maybe. But I don't think that quite covers things.

Since this video was produced by the site posting it, I think this is okay...

The full video is here. Some of it is innocuous, but in other parts you wonder why they let Paula speak at all...: http://x17online.com/celebrities/pau...in_my_life.php
    Last edited by Krom; 01-26-2007 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2216942;
    Paula blames Simon and says she's "never been drunk in her life" (and seems drunk while saying it):

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/or...21260956.shtml

My local FOX channel showed part of the video in question. Yup, she really does say she's never been drunk in her life. And yet she seems a bit "weird" and under the influence of SOMETHING (maybe not al-kee-hol) for the length of clip while saying so. It's just BIZARRE. HER explanation is that she "has a weird sense of humor". Well, maybe. But I don't think that quite covers things.

Since this video was produced by the site posting it, I think this is okay...

The full video is here. Some of it is innocuous, but in other parts you wonder why they let Paula speak at all...: http://x17online.com/celebrities/pau...in_my_life.php
    Maybe she was high on hairspray fumes. The more she talks the worse it gets so Dr.Froggy is prescribing the "Shut Up Already" cure. I hear is works wonders.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    This is taking place tonight....

Link Here

Gala appears set despite rumors

Forget the rumors swirling around the Nevada Ballet Theatre's Woman of the Year gala.

Paula Abdul, the embattled honoree, is forever their girl, and she'll have plenty of "American Idol" company on Saturday, ballet publicist Jennifer Kratochwill said Tuesday.

Wild rumors have been flying all week, questioning Abdul's status since her recent bizarre behavior during a series of TV interviews promoting "Idol."

Adding fuel to the fire was the ballet company's delay in announcing the entertainment lineup.

"It was just a matter of getting our ducks in order," Kratochwill said. "It doesn't have anything to do with Paula."

Abdul doesn't want much to do with the media. She's passing up the red carpet and will take only "a question or two" at a reception at the Cartier boutique at the Wynn Las Vegas, Kratochwill said.

The "American Idol" judge will have a large delegation of "Idol" supporters on hand. Six former "Idol" contestants, Anthony Fedorov, Bucky Covington, Melissa McGhee, Lisa Tucker, Mandisa and Paris Bennett, will do a medley of her 1980s hits.

Some other entertainers have been lined up too, "and we're still waiting to hear on Randy (Jackson) and Simon (Cowell) and Chris Daughtry."

Abdul addressed the speculation over the weekend, denying that she was under the influence of alcohol or drugs during the interviews.

"I'm the piñata," she told a Hollywood gathering of TV critics. "I've never been drunk in my life. I don't do recreational drugs."

Part of the problem, she said, is the runaway popularity of "Idol."

"I've been in this business 20 years (and) never had to weather the storm of publicity, controversy. It's this show. ... I love it, but it's often daunting."
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread