+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Paula Abdul - Judge

OK....it wouldn't be a new season of AI without Drunken Paula. I saw the clip on CNN yesterday and I thought, "here we go again." I don't have enough energy to be shocked and awed by Paula anymore...her being drunk or high is just kind of commonplace. And there is noooo waaayyyy she wasn't drunk in that clip. No way. I have been among and around enough sots to know what one looks and acts like, and that was a textbook case of being hammered. Come on!!
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

Paula is supposed to be on the Ellen DeGeneres show today. It may have already aired in other cities. We get it here at 4 p.m. I will be checking it out, for sure!

She's on the show now in Nor. Calif (4:30 PM) and sounds terrific! Looks fab, too.

Taylor is on later - will update you then!
    Last edited by roses4me; 01-16-2007 at 07:32 PM. Reason: oops

The nighttime talk show hosts really seem to be cutting Paula to ribbons tonight. I saw both Letterman and Kimmel's monologues and man does Paula get it from them. Booze jokes galore.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey
    Paula can often be the champion of someone auditioning and push them through when Randy and Simon are on the fence. I would be crushed if I entered the auditon to see Paula out of it. I bet some were.

It is sooooo silly for her people to claim she is tired. If she is, indeed, on strong meds for her back then it would be out in the open and Randy and Simon would tease her about it. They virtually ignore her when she is stonned. It looks like alcohol to me. I have seen people on pain killers and they are slower and maybe a tad spaced but do not act like they are drunk. They retain their mental faculties but are slowed down.

She looks like she is in good shape in Seattle. Her addiction has become part of the show. She is not going to rehab, there will be no intervention nor will she be replaced. She is part of the fabric of this show.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar
    What did Paula do to her face????
    She looked awful on last night's show... It looks like maybe she had some fat injected into her lips. Her lips looked puffy and swollen, and come to think of it, maybe her face looked a little puffy too. I don't know what kind of health issues she is having, but she looks ROUGH. I hope she can pull herself together soon.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Bless her heart...here's another Paula interview from that same day where she comes off as kinda out there and the interviewer even asks her if she's falling asleep on her during the interview. This one was from a Dallas/Ft. Worth Fox station.

I have to admit that she sounds like she has a stuffy nose and several times she's sniffing like someone who has a stuffy nose. And yes, I know others can think maybe she has something snorted up her nose but I don't think so....

Paula
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

My guess is pain killers, something like Vicodin or Percoset. She looked higher than a kite last night, and I've known too many pill poppers not to recognize that glazed look in the eyes. It's probably not her fault though, many doctors over prescribe, and who knows, maybe they'll do a remake of Valley of The Dolls and Paula can get a new gig.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2207090;

I have to admit that she sounds like she has a stuffy nose and several times she's sniffing like someone who has a stuffy nose. And yes, I know others can think maybe she has something snorted up her nose but I don't think so....]
    Well it sure would'nt be cocaine, because she would be doing anything but falling asleep if she snorted that up her nose

I think it's more likely that she's addicted to a pain killer like percocet or vicodan.
    A lot of well meaning people become addicted to prescribed medication and part of the problem is they think if a doctor prescribes it then it's okay to take as much as you need and if the doctor gives you more then it's safe to take that too.

Those drugs also give you a little feeling of euphoria and well being which is probably a nice thing for someone who feels pressured and stressed.

Look at Elvis his doctors prescribed him to death.
    He was outspoken and very anti-drugs (illegal drugs) meanwhile he was a drug addict!

Last night on the show in certain scenes Paula looked obviously drugged to me, her eyes were glazed and her face even appeared puffy.
    Other times she didnt look nearly as out of it.

I really hope that someone close to her checks into exactly what and how much medication she is taking.

She's a kind hearted lady and it would be a shame to see her permanently harm herself with prescription drugs.

All this Paula bashing reminds me of when Rita Hayworth was labled a drunk by the media. Her slurring words were part of symptoms of early onset Alzheimers. Paula could very well have some undiagnosed disease. Until then, talk about her being on drugs and alcohol is a bit premature.

+ Reply to Thread